2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL] PathEditor ver1.0

ehsan_de_burge

There are two bugs on your website biggrin.gif

1. Title of the page: "Untitled Document"

2. Bottom of the page: "©2003 Company Name"

I'll test the editor soon tounge.gif

it's impossible to change my editor to a GTA3 path editor.becouse the method that GTA3 uses for path are compeletly different from VC. indeed in GTA3 we need a DFF Analyzer to associate path nodes with the surface of DFFs. each DFF has it's own Axis in 3d Space alien.gif

but i will try a Path Editor for GTA3 after i found a way to load DFF files from IMG turn.gif

Okay, this is weird... I see a lot of purple lines coming from green and blue blocks going to what appears to be the coordinate 0,0

Is this normal?

Nice job.

*tests*

EDIT: No. no, no, no , no, no, no no, no! Please get someone to host this for you. *glances at JBandit*

Edited by Target

20 Meg Limit Exceeded!

This site has exceeded its limit of 20 MB of transfer per day. The account can be upgraded to a paid account to increase the transfer limit to 3 Gigs of transfer per month in your greatnow.com user tools section.

Host is on more sites (lycos etc, where there is no bandwidth limit) smile.gif.

Sorry, i upload the site on AngelFire ,here is the Link

Patheditor WebSite

Okay, this is weird... I see a lot of purple lines coming from green and blue blocks going to what appears to be the coordinate 0,0  Is this normal?

Is this normal?

Nooo it's not!! blink.gif

Edited by ehsan_de_burge

w00ty! I'm downloading it now.

Eshan, Since angelfire has a bandwith limit, would you like me to host the file for you?

Eshan, Since angelfire has a bandwith limit, would you like me to host the file for you?

Sure ! Will u ?

my correct name is ehsan tounge2.gif

Sorry about spelling your name wrong there Ehsan, I just got too exited when I saw you released, and wasn't watching my spelling. biggrin.gif

I uploaded the Path Editor to my server, so just pop this link on your page as an alternate download site: http://illspirit.gtanet.com/patheditor1.0b.zip

The program seems to work wonderfully, although it looks like there's something terribly wrong with my paths. I knew there was a minor bug in the last batch of new roads somewhere, but it must be worse than I thought. Path Editor shows the newest roads properly as roads, but all the old ones show up as boat paths, and all the junctions are going to a non-existent node at 0.0.0. And only the first 3 batches of ped paths show up. It all pretty much works in game, there just must be some sort of syntax error (on my part) which is confusing the editor.

Pic:

user posted image

I stripped all the comments from my file, and manually checked for problems, but I can't see anything wrong with it. Any ideas?

can u give me a link of that paths.ipl i cant find it!

http://cerbera.daves-hosting.co.uk/vice/il...llmap/paths.ipl

this is not seems to be what u r talking about

and i suggest make this path with editor biggrin.gif u can make it in a few minutes tounge.gif

the path.ip should not contain any Return Character (i mean enter) and as u know each PathObject contains at least 2 external nodes that they at the first and beggining of the pathObject! where is the external nodes in your ipl ? tounge2.gif

all type of nodes in your ipl are internal (exept 3 or 4 nodes)

Edited by ehsan_de_burge

Are you make in the future another path editor if do that make a 3d one like moomapper.I love this editor. inlove.gif

Edited by commando

a 3d editor is my will smile.gif and its not as hard as i thought biggrin.gif

just a DFF parser needed to do the job and i found that in Gta3Viewer Source Code biggrin.gif

hey.!! is my profile icon a Female Ant ??? notify.gif

Edited by ehsan_de_burge

The program seems to work wonderfully, although it looks like there's something terribly wrong with my paths. I knew there was a minor bug in the last batch of new roads somewhere, but it must be worse than I thought. Path Editor shows the newest roads properly as roads, but all the old ones show up as boat paths, and all the junctions are going to a non-existent node at 0.0.0. And only the first 3 batches of ped paths show up. It all pretty much works in game, there just must be some sort of syntax error (on my part) which is confusing the editor.

Pic:

user posted image

I stripped all the comments from my file, and manually checked for problems, but I can't see anything wrong with it. Any ideas?

That's the same problem I was talking about... I could post a picture of my paths if necessary. I haven't changed any paths, so it happens with the original VC paths too.

can u send your orginal paths.ipl plz ?

there isnot such error in my editor! so i need your paths.ipl to find out the origination of this error!

also test the editor with this original path.ipl :

path editor website

Okay, turns out my paths are changed after all... I tried to remove all empty paths I remember now...

Works fine with the original filepaths... Sorry for the trouble

can u give me a link of that paths.ipl i cant find it!

http://www.projectcerbera.com/gtavc/il...llmap/paths.ipl

this is not seems to be what u r talking about

and i suggest make this path with editor  biggrin.gif  u can make it in a few minutes tounge.gif

the path.ip should not contain any Return Character (i mean enter) and as u know each PathObject contains at least 2 external nodes that they at the first and beggining of the pathObject! where is the external nodes in your ipl ?  tounge2.gif

all type of nodes in your ipl are internal (exept 3 or 4 nodes)

That's the first stab I made at making ped paths. The syntax is totally different to how they are done in Vice but they worked anyway. Illspirit went over and fixed it with the two external nodes, I then made the road path around the freeway using his correct syntax and they worked fine.

My dad banned me from our computer (see my sig) whilst I was trying to figure out the junction syntax. The cars and peds circulated currectly, just the two junctions I was working on just acted as route termination points instead of junctions! tounge.gif

Of course, because I can't access that PC I have to use the local library I and so can't give you the paths data I'd created. sad.gif

It does seem that your editor is a little picky. Perhaps you would post the syntax it requires for the start of a route, the middle of a route, the end of a route and the way the junction should work for that route? smile.gif

#CARS, Freeway. STARTS Junction A1, 0internal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to final nodestart of this batch of nodesend of this batch of nodes1, 0internal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to final nodestart of this batch of nodesend of this batch of nodes1, 0internal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to node belowinternal node linked to final nodeEmpty nodeEmpty nodeEmpty nodestart of this batch of nodesend of this batch of nodes#Cars, Freeway, ENDS Junction B

That's the basic syntax that Illspirt and I came up with. The first batch of the three is the beginning of the route, the first node of the first batch is in the very centre of Junction A with the second node of that batch in line with the pavements of that junction.

The second batch of nodes could be repeated any number of times to stretch from one junction to another. The road I had going around the South-East island used several.

The final batch of nodes are the ones leading up to the junction that route section ends at. The penultimate node is in line with the pavements at Junction B, with the very final node being right in the middle of that junction. smile.gif

The comment format is set up so that routes can easily be located by searching for "Junction [letter]" where "letter" relates to one of the labeled junctions on this map I made:

user posted image

Twice as large image.

Edited by Cerbera

I'm aware a manual was inlcuded in your release...i was wondering if you could answer a few questions:

when i take a snapshot of my map the paths don't match up with it is there a way to align them...?

When i create New Car objects and place multiple paths for them in game they don't seem to be their ...how would i "activate" them...i know a dumb question but what can i say

Ill, how did you do the freeway route? I just ran the nodes down the middle and had it as simple two-way traffic because I wasn't able to research getting two lanes to travel in the same direction before my dad intervened. Did you do yours the same way as me or did you do it properly?

Also, did you work out the junction syntax and do the lights automatically determine how cars and peds behave, kinda like the TL property and objects in GTA1 did?

Freeway paths were easy. Just ran a route down the middle and set it to have four lanes. wink.gif

Here's what Odie told me the different fields for a car path do:

node type, connects to, ?1x, y, z, width, lane(s) left, lane(s) right, ?2, X1, ?3

Apparently, there can be a different number of lanes in each direction, and it seems you only need to set it on the entrance and exit node to change the whole path. Width is the ammount of space for a median between the left and right lane(s), and when X1 is set to 2, police roadblocks appear at that node. No idea what ?1-3 do...

Oh, and Ehsan, I found the problem with my paths; I just missed an empty line-return when I was cleaning it up. After deleting that line, everything works fine. biggrin.gif

OMG you are the man!!!!!!!!, finaly i can edit paths for custom maps!!!!! thank you

excellent work, must have been hard to make this, thanks you!!!

"OMG you are the man!!!!!!!!, finaly i can edit paths for custom maps!!!!! thank you

excellent work, must have been hard to make this, thanks you!!!"

thanks, i think i have failed one of my exams for this whatsthat.gif it was Designing Algorithm 2. but it's not important for me cos i findout that ppl are satisfed with editor tounge2.gif i am still waiting for your suggestion and bug reporting music.gif

when i take a snapshot of my map the paths don't match up with it.

maybe your snapshot isn't the same as the real Background of Map.

Edited by ehsan_de_burge

I woke up at 6am today so I'll have a 14-hour stint at my PC, during which time I'll be testing this. Amongst many other things. smile.gif

(EDIT) Well, it's being rather crash-happy with me currently. When I first load a path it only displays a single path node group, which isn't particularly friendly. The interface looks very XP-ish so I suppose it's not an OS problem?

(EDIT2) Hmm, it's looking like the file reading is just very fragile. It can't handle paths which indent using spaces instead of tabs, it doesn't allow for blank lines and doesn't allow for extra commenting! notify.gif

Do you plan to make the file reading more robust for future versions? Because my hands are really aching after re-indenting the 900 nodes in the current Myriad CMP paths file. suicidal.gif

(EDIT3) I've made a topic in the myriad area about my struggles getting the paths to load up and that's where the paths will be co-ordinated in future, I expect.

Myriad CMP paths thread

(EDIT4) Whoops, how embarassing - I was using the wrong paths file! I didn't realise there was an upate to it on the 27th of November because I wasn't here for it! biggrin.gif

Edited by Cerbera