Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,673 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

JernejL

Documenting GTA3/VC memory addresses

DexX

i seem to have no end to this..

Special cam/engine piece on BfInject that rotates, individual vehicle assignments? they each use the default.ide number..

50960d

50971c

5097da

swapping numbers at those addresses with any other vehicle, makes the piece stop moving if you replace all 3, or stop moving in a particular direction if you replace them one at a time. It might be re-assigning those movements to the new vehicle, but since no other car in vice has the same engine piece, i cant test that yet.

BfInject car horn assignment?

597b5b

i swapped the default number there, with the vehicle ID from the moonbeam, and the moonbeam lost its horn. any vehicle i tried, lost its horn. very odd.

Car momentum?

69a647

instead of braking immediatley to a stop, cars will take forever and drive goofy until they eventually stop moving, when shot at. brakes on the vehicle your driving, will take about 5-10 times as long to stop the car.

Some suspension setting, float, 1.0 is default

69a5dc

making the number bigger raises the wheels, but not the car, resulting in unmovable vehicles.

W00t!

i wanted to this for a long time, now i can, the hardcoded co-ordinates of the cuban hermes flame exhaust biggrin.gif

(if you dont get it, by altering the coords, i can put the flames anywhere i want on any vehicle i replace it with)

ON/OFF - 58bcb5

Scale - 69a60c - float

All are DWORD

X - 69a714

Y - driver side - 69a71c

Y - passenger side - nonexistant?!

Z - 69a710

ghost of delete key

i seem to have no end to this..

Special cam/engine piece on BfInject that rotates, individual vehicle assignments? they each use the default.ide number..

50960d

50971c

5097da

swapping numbers at those addresses with any other vehicle, makes the piece stop moving if you replace all 3, or stop moving in a particular direction if you replace them one at a time. It might be re-assigning those movements to the new vehicle, but since no other car in vice has the same engine piece, i cant test that yet.

NICE! I think you just stumbled upon the key to unlock spinners (spreewells) for Vice cars! You've just demonstrated controlling some of the necessary behaviors to modify for this effect.

It seems to me these are XYZ values, and they apparently switch the effect on for whatever ID is defined there.

And I believe you can test it, since the object 'flywheel' is a child of 'wing_lr'.

The Pheonix (sic) has the butterfly in the intake, which operates on a different axis than the Injection, but again, that object is a child of wing_lr.

Incidentally, wing_lr seems to be reserved for use of these special animated atomics, in whatever vehicle they appear. Using this as an actual "wing" dummy, like the front ones, is how I achieved the dropping-trash-bag efect on the Sweeper truck. The engine doesnt seem to know that the object has been damaged and gone, so each successive impact causes the engine to drop the "wing" again, even though it has already been dropped.

Aaaanywhoo...

BfInject car horn assignment?

597b5b

i swapped the default number there, with the vehicle ID from the moonbeam, and the moonbeam lost its horn. any vehicle i tried, lost its horn. very odd.

Hmmm... could be tied to the "special" horns? Probably switches between regular horn and a siren when used in conjunction with another offset? Maybe needs other values set elsewhere to work right?

Car momentum?

69a647

instead of braking immediatley to a stop, cars will take forever and drive goofy until they eventually stop moving, when shot at. brakes on the vehicle your driving, will take about 5-10 times as long to stop the car.

Sonds exactly like when you peg a moving driver with a headshot, or when you machine-gun and disable oncoming chase vehicles; no gas, no brake, and the car coasts to a stop unless it hits something first.

Some suspension setting, float, 1.0 is default

69a5dc

making the number bigger raises the wheels, but not the car, resulting in unmovable vehicles.

Well, if it's a float, I wouldn't say that it's the IS_LOW flag (although this can give the results you describe if used improperly.).

Probably something like "(ab) suspension lower limit".

You said default is 1.0... are there any other "naturally occurring" values for other vehicles? If so, you might be able to match up values with something in handling.cfg.

W00t!

i wanted to this for a long time, now i can, the hardcoded co-ordinates of the cuban hermes flame exhaust biggrin.gif

(if you dont get it, by altering the coords, i can put the flames anywhere i want on any vehicle i replace it with)

ON/OFF - 58bcb5

Scale - 69a60c - float

All are DWORD

X - 69a714

Y - driver side - 69a71c

Y - passenger side - nonexistant?!

Z - 69a710

Freakin Phenominal!!!1!11

You know you're going to have to move to Hollywood and hire bodyguards to keep the adoring masses outta your hair!

I hereby dub thee: "Hero of the NoS-RicerBoy-TunerKids of the World Who Want Wicked Flames on Their Skyline Mods™"

(or HNRTWWWWFTSM for short) wow.gif

Oh, and "Y - passenger side - nonexistant?!"...

It seems that although the Herme's flames are hard coded, the effect is basically an "additional" exhaust setup... more specifically, its another particle effect, but structured and controlled exactly like the standard exhaust.

So even though this one is embedded in the .exe, the above structure makes sense, as the Y position of all "bi-lateral" dummies is mirrored automatically by the engine. Passenger side is already defined in the .dff- the driver side value could be the single / dual switch for exhaust as set by the handling.cfg flag:

3rd digit = 1: DBL_EXHAUST

It would then follow that the other two values for X & Z, along with the driver side Y, would all together constitute the switch for the other exhaust flag possibility,:

6th digit = 1: NO_EXHAUST

ooohhhohoh... inlove.gif <GoDK wanna s3xx0r ashdexx brane> tounge2.gif

DexX

This was a huge undertaking, but ive decided to play my hand at it, im confident i can do this over time. Below is a list of the cars that im aware of, that have hardcoded / non-editable-outside-the-exe, features. Pleae let me know if you can think of anything i missed, or shouldnt be on the list.

#note to myself, the following cars have "special" stuff#137,	firetruk - water hose, lights & siren#142,	voodoo - hydraulics#146,	ambulan - lights & siren#147,	fbicar - EM vehicle, radio and siren#150,	taxi - taxi light#153,	mrwhoop - special horn, the mr whoppee music#154,	bfinject - rotating engine piece#155,	hunter  - weapons#156,	police - same as fbi car and ambulan#157,	enforcer - same as police#159,	banshee - no rear bumper dummy or object#160,	predator - police boat, has weapons, police radio#162,	rhino - tank, has weapon, EM status, same as police, no siren or lights though#163,	barracks - chases you, so its an EM vehicle, no radio, police standard instead#164,	cuban - special flame exhaust#165,	chopper - police chopper that actually chases you, weapons, not flyable#167,	coach - follows a path, can carry 7 peds#168,	cabbie - taxi#171,	rcbandit - rccar#177,	seaspar - sparrow w/guns#178,	pizzaboy - pizzaboy faggio, arms pizza boxes as weapons..#180,	airtrain - follows a path#181,	deaddodo - path#188,	zebra - taxi#189,	topfun - used to start RC missions. main-scm related?#194,	rcbaron - rc plane (replace w/ gta3 dodo for flyable ground plane? add appropriate dummy objects, handling)#202,	coastg - not sure if this is hardcoded, might be. check ingame to see if chases, or has special abilities#207,	pheonix - has another, rotating engine thing#216,	kaufman - taxi#218,	vcnmav - uses Em radio#220,	fbiranch - same as police#227,	polmav - flyable police heli, uses EM radio#231,	rcgoblin - -another rc heli#236,	vicechee - same as police#gang cars are assigned via main.scm

Quite a list isnt it? i REALLY wish R* would have just used .ini files..

my ultimate goal, is to be able to swap any vehicle with any vehicle and change the hardcoded values to match the vehicle swap. Example, putting cuban flame exhuast on any car, AND altering the coordinates to match the new vehicle. Or here's another thought, say we could replace the standard police chopper that chases you, with the Hunter? it fires its weapons, so presumably it would shoot rockets. Anyway, the point of this post is, look over the list and let me know if i missed a vehicle, or have one that doesnt belong on there. thanx.

btw if your curious, ive been looking at the disassembled EXE for some time and have come across references to most of these already, so im not *completely* insane, though it might help if i was.

GoDK - i wont address everything you said, this post is long enough already. I did notice that the special rotating things are always under the wing_lr atomic, if there was a way to duplicate the effect on the bfinject, to maybe 4 times, and the atomic(s) it affected (wheel dummies) we could potentially have working spinners, yes. but who would take the time to program an app that does such a thing?

*looks at Delfi*

For the cuban exhaust, it didnt appear that the driver / passenger side Y locations were mirrors of each other, that being the case, whenever i moved the driver side, the passenger side should have moved as well, but it didnt. it appears to have its own independant coord somewhere.

JernejL

ashdexx, how do you trigger cuban flames?

they seem to appear more randomly but is

there a way to trigger them at any time?

i'm going to think about the app, i already

made one that was tracking cars and made

any car you driven to have hydraulics..

DexX

as far as i know, it is just random, your drive around until they shoot flame out. if there's a manual way to set them off, i dont know it.

swapping the particle effect out would be nice, maybe turn it into a light that flickers on/off. great for junkers wink.gif

soooo many ideas and possibilites..

JernejL
as far as i know, it is just random, your drive around until they shoot flame out. if there's a manual way to set them off, i dont know it.

swapping the particle effect out would be nice, maybe turn it into a light that flickers on/off. great for junkers wink.gif

soooo many ideas and possibilites..

ashdexx, can you find the ID adress for train model?

because gta-lc conversion has the police helicopter on rails atm..

and AIRTRAIN car has no collision effects, airtrain is car!

i'm unble to put hydraulics and flame to blista compact, any idea?

also, none of other cars will get flame exhausts when i change the id, does the car need any specific dummy or setting?

DexX

your sure your modifying the right address?

Cuban Exhaust - byte - 58BCA8

Edit: it uses 2 addresses, that one sets the extra exhuast, this one sets the actual flame part: 58b958

The thing is though, i can get it to draw the extra smoke, but it wont produce the flame part of the exhaust for some reason. The flame part starts when you hit the gas. in this screen, i set the coords to 0..

user posted image

Btw, i stated in an earlier post that you cant have more than one "special" attribute assigned to a car. well i just proved myself wrong, by driving a bfinject with the rotating flywheel, hydraulics, and the cuban exhuast (no flame...) all active and working.

it doesnt seem to affect the tank / water cannon scenario though, those are still either / or.

there are no hidden settings, ie the handling, or special parts or dummies im aware of, except the actual flywheel on the bfinject and that piece on the pheonix. All the effects im getting are from memory modding only.

Train...train.....helicopter on rails...i know what your talking about, i think. but i have no frame of reference, i dont see it listed in the default.ide, like the gta3 train was. what path does it follow?

The airtrain isnt solid, but it HAS collision. check the vehicles.col. what else is odd, is that the police chopper that chases you, also does have collision, but its disabled somewhere in the exe, i spawned one via main.scm, and it fell through the ground. which explains why they can fly through buildings when giving chases. these are both hardcoded, and must be uncovered.

New things:

Pheonix Special Engine piece ? - 591572

same deal with the bfinject, swapping out car id's makes it stop working.

Some form of wheel camber - 69a6a8 -float, default is 1.0

unknown, float, makes cars start on fire by themselves, and have funky suspension: 68f590

This one is REALLY strange, you can alter the model scale of the police car (!!) i had 20ft tall squads driving around - 687120

Edited by ashdexx

Cray
(i don't know how many bytes vehicle blocks "cost")

VC vehicle block is 1500 bytes, actor block is umm ... if my memory holds me correct, around 1752

does the vehicle block size apply to helicopters, bikes and boats too?

Yes, all vehicles. Quite a few pieces of the vehicle blocks relates to certain vehicles though, or do different things depending on the type of vehicle that is being manipulated. So you may find certain bytes that do one thing on a car, and another thing on a boat.

JernejL

The airtrain isnt solid, but it HAS collision. check the vehicles.col. what else is odd, is that the police chopper that chases you, also does have collision, but its disabled somewhere in the exe, i spawned one via main.scm, and it fell through the ground. which explains why they can fly through buildings when giving chases. these are both hardcoded, and must be uncovered.

i know plane has collision, but the actual problem is, the game won't use it!

btw, i jumped onto the police helicopter once when i was messing with tommy-low weight biggrin.gif

- the plane never uses his collision mesh, i want to fly with a plane!!

- the helicopter uses his coll mesh, but is immune (only) to buildings until it is damaged enough to crash.

you can run into a helicopter with a car and you will hit it or land on it on-foot..

JernejL

6924122 = halogen light corona intensity ??

halogen lights off:

6924122 = #00

6924123 = #122

rear lights on all vehicles off (the bug-distant-boxes

are still visible, how do we remove the friggin boxes?? ):

6924135 = 00

ashdexx wide rear wheel offset - it is 69a794

6922647 = map world gamma - byte value

80 is a nice value, 255 makes all cars white

because it affects all colors!

weapon data, as stretchnutter pointed out some variables, i decoded it a bit,

here is how it goes:

read one Byte at player ped pointer + 1284, this gives you selected weapon index

then seek to

blockpointer(ped) + 1032 + weapon_index * 24;

here you'll get 24 bit records in this form:

Dword - weapon data index (from weapon.dat - fists are 0, chainsaw is 11 and so on..)

Dword - armed, if you are shooting this number is 1

Dword - clip ammo - the ammonition in the gun's clip

dword - all - "storage" ammo

data that follows = animation and model pointer

you can manipulate all of this data.. except please

don't touch the animations and model pointer, it

WILL crash (if not instantly then it will when you

switch weapon)

you can change the weapon data index to something

else, but keep it same weapon slot, also the

animation and model reload after you change the

weapon in-game, so changing python to colt will result

tommy shooting like holding colt but with python model in his hand..

you can put tommy some vierd weapons, like this rocket..

* tommy had a accident when cleaning rocketlauncher

user posted image

6878620 = some sort of suspension spring damping,

make it zero and cars will bounce a little wink.gif

10554258 = sun shadow direction??

manipulate with it and you will get vierd effects..

this affects lightning on cars and player shadow direction..

game rewrites this every second - calculates it from time..

10554247 = fast time cheat code on

10554230 = disables rendering and game processing if on

haha! this is awesome!!

10553901 = weather 1

10553921 = weather 2

10554026 = weather 3??

all WORDS (uint16)

the weather changes randomly, change both to get the weather in effect wanted

change first one to change the weather from which the game is going

and the second that tells to which weather the game is going.

setting weather to vierd or super-large numbers will

result in vierd - more like random weather, weather 25088

shows this effects nicely wink.gif

weather 4369 is even better!!! its like.. like extrapolluted vicecity!!

also try weather 35072

10554258 seems to be weather interpolated sky color..

superbike command in developer console:

set this byte to 0:

car block + #678

and this will stop bike to lean when

turning (tommy will still lean)

JernejL
wow ph34r.gif

thats mad delfi, but one question: i wanna use the weapon stuff, where does the ped pointer start? whats the initial offset?

btw, do you think police and swat weapons are stored this way? they have to have some assignment, and i cant find it so far whatsthat.gif

mmmm........swat with miniguns, cops with hammers inlove.gif

to get the "ped pointer" follow the technique i described

in first post of this topic..

i'll post some code for how i am getting ped pointers,

if player is in car i use the driver ped pointer.. but

stretchnutter posted a direct offset to a pointer that

alaways points to player ped somewhere in those pages..

Stretchnutter

Was playing around with some pointers and found a large block full of pointers to live world objects. I did some testing with my camera hack on one pointer and it teleported me (camera) to a ped walking down the street. This is how you would gain control over pedestrians and traffic. (and do some evil things)

Im sure someone has found this before and showed me *cough* eAi *cough*

But a lot is unknown about this 'block' as i didn't investigate much.

the pointer block is around 78F80C (there should be a pointer here)

not sure where it starts...

if you add hex 0x28 (dec 40) it will bring you to another pointer... add again and you'll get another pointer and so on.... also you could subtract as the start offset is unknown to me.

------------------

EDIT: when i had the camera focused on a pedestrian and drove away in my car the pedestrian faded away and the camera stopped moving... soon after i was teleported again to another randomly generated ped (near my position) using the same pointer..... there could be like 10 or more pointers near that offset... all pointing to randomly generated objects loaded into memory !!!

Edited by Stretchnutter

JernejL
Was playing around with some pointers and found a large block full of pointers to live world objects. I did some testing with my camera hack on one pointer and it teleported me (camera) to a ped walking down the street. This is how you would gain control over pedestrians and traffic. (and do some evil things)

Im sure someone has found this before and showed me *cough* eAi *cough*

But a lot is unknown about this 'block' as i didn't investigate much.

the pointer block is around 78F80C (there should be a pointer here)

not sure where it starts...

if you add hex 0x28 (dec 40) it will bring you to another pointer... add again and you'll get another pointer and so on.... also you could subtract as the start offset is unknown to me.

------------------

EDIT: when i had the camera focused on a pedestrian and drove away in my car the pedestrian faded away and the camera stopped moving... soon after i was teleported again to another randomly generated ped (near my position) using the same pointer..... there could be like 10 or more pointers near that offset... all pointing to randomly generated objects loaded into memory !!!

cool stuff, i alaways wanted to have a "kill all peds.. except tommy" cheat biggrin.gif

and same for blow up all cars.. but tommy's..

i'm going to try disassemble the asm code a bit on that point, triying to find out where the peds start and find same thing for cars..

JernejL

just a copy & paste from the gtavc dev console topic:

moving hydraulics and flame exhaust to other cars -

i made this easy accesible trough the console program:

user posted image

so, there is a list of cars at the bottom, and for each special

ability you see another list-box, to add a special ability to

specific car select it in the listbox and drag & drop it to the ability

you would like the car to have, to remove a car double-click it.

couldn't be easier huh? yes it can be, i added a "example"

cartracker.ini file that will make all cars have hydraulics

when you go to game.. haha!

have fun with the tool! and it is STILL BETA!!

http://www.infofeast.com/delfi/temp/DevConsole.zip

and for memory hacking, this can be realy useful to some people:

user posted image

a kind of functional memory hex editor added.. smile.gif

ghost of delete key
I did notice that the special rotating things are always under the wing_lr atomic, if there was a way to duplicate the effect on the bfinject, to maybe 4 times, and the atomic(s) it affected (wheel dummies) we could potentially have working spinners, yes. but who would take the time to program an app that does such a thing?

*looks at Delfi*

For the cuban exhaust, it didnt appear that the driver / passenger side Y locations were mirrors of each other, that being the case, whenever i moved the driver side, the passenger side should have moved as well, but it didnt. it appears to have its own independant coord somewhere.

Wow, I go away for a few days, and this thread just exploded!

OK, wing_lr can have multiple children. I have done this before; if you give the child atomic an "unrecognized name, it will behave just like an ordinary wing... well, except that it acts a little funny (see my sweeper truck trash bags!)

If you give it an "officially-recognized" name of an animated atomic that already occurs in GTA, then it will be automatically animated using the vehicle ID's standard "special" animation.

I have had multiple flywheels going on the BFI, but of course limited to the hardcoded anim axes. I've also posted on this here before <insert search here>

For the cuban exhaust, it didnt appear that the driver / passenger side Y locations were mirrors of each other, that being the case, whenever i moved the driver side, the passenger side should have moved as well, but it didnt. it appears to have its own independant coord somewhere

...vierd [/sT.MU]

#159, banshee - no rear bumper dummy or object

This is one of the "omissible" dummies.

You can add or omit this as you see fit. The banshee should take this one no problem... or are you saying that it has been shown NOT to work?

im not *completely* insane, though it might help if i was.

Heh, you'll always be insane in my book, d00d! wink.gif

BTW, I think your list is going to help me grok the meanings of the comprules flags for those vehicles that use them.

I'm dying to know what they do exactly.

DexX

user posted image

Yes, my cops now have f*cking MINIGUNS!!!

i r teh_evil.

ill edit this post and include the address(es) in a bit, when i finish laughing (and narrowing down exactly WHICH addresses did it) sigh.gif

there's like 4, some for what gun models they actually carry, and more for what weapons they're actually assigned to use. if all dont match, they wont use the new weapons. Shotguns worked well too..

tip: dont batch test addresses, it gets confusing.

Edit: addy's - all have to match - use weapons.dat for ID's, 0 is unarmed, 11 is chainsaw, etc..

Weapon assignment, gun the cop is told to fire - 4ec1e7

model 1 - 4ed782

model 2 - 4ee108

Edit 2: here's a quick little mod i created with TMK, its the Dirty Harry Mod. its gives all police pythons instead of colt 45's tounge.gif

http://gregval.phpwebhosting.com/uploads/dhcops.rar

Installation is simple. extract, while vice is running, press the button on the app, done. Try to do before you get in a cop chase though, itll affect the next "batch" of police that are loaded into memory. if cops are already shooting you, it may not work right / at all.

Edited by ashdexx

Run Down That Guy

OK! Everyone, get the GTAVC console, get into a car, open the console, get the car variables, make sure your on a wide road, and set the car type to 180. it will make it the airtrain, well, just the coll and where the player sits, everything else is the normal car, oh, and the shadow.

JernejL

BTW, I think your list is going to help me grok the meanings of the comprules flags for those vehicles that use them.

I'm dying to know what they do exactly.

they specify invalid and special extra object combos.. like clear the taxi flags

and it won't have the taxi sign anymore..

& @ Delfi, before you ask-

It's because you always spell it with a V instead of a W

It just looks funny to me. tounge.gif

spell error? where? what??

edit:

i just read the PM's, i got this PM and decided to post here:

Smithers2

Ok, you like to hack VC's memory, and I do a bit of it too.

Something im making as an unofficial mod for GTA:LC needed an external client to do something (dont worry, its not another multiplayer) and when i was doing the memory hacking, i found something pretty amzing...

Start up your VC (assume it has to be 1.1, thats what i use).

Set these memory addresses. (All are 1byte integers, in normal order)

Sound Disabler - 00A10B3E - Set it to 0

Main Menu System kinda setting - 00869670- Set it to 0

Frozen Player - 00A10B3E- Set it to 0

Another menu graphic thing - 00869724- Set it to 0

Radio - 009839CC- Set it to 1

Radio 2 - 009839CD- Set it to 1

Ok, you might wanna lock them (set them every ms or something for the next 5 secs) cos vice pauses when it gets back in game automatically.

Then, voila, the game has started... NO LOADING!

I thought it was interesting.

DexX

...and for those of you with v1.0, here's the addy's to skip the menu..

A10B36

86971C

9839C4

9839C5

thanks to delfi, for the conversion tip cookie.gif

more weapon stuff:

Police Baton (nitestick)

Model: 4ed772

assignment: 4ec21d, 4ec228

Swat / Vicechee cops, they use the same weapons..

Assignment: 4ed7dc

model?: 4ed8bc

model: 4ed8c3

JernejL

thanks to delfi, for the conversion tip cookie.gif

which is:

to convert adresses from 1.0 to 1.1 add #8 bytes (decimal)

to convert adresses from 1.1 to 1.0 subtract #8 bytes (decimal)

one thing to clear up the confusions:

if you post a adress in decimal add a ladder '#' before the number

if you post in hexadecimal add a dollar sign - '$' or '0x'

please post adresses in version 1.0, if you do it in 1.1 add a

such notice so we won't crash the game testing what adress it is.. wink.gif

DexX

first a correction to before.

Revision:

Swat Weapons:

0x4ed7d1

0x4ed7dc

Vicechee Weapons

0x4ed8bc

0x4ed8c3

Now, the new ones..

Fbi weapons

0x4ed820

0x4ed827

Army weapons

0x4ed842

0x4ed84d

thats it for the weapons. next up, the skins*

Police

0x4ed762

0x4ed76b

Swat (these ARE separate from the vicechee, unlike the weapons)

0x4ed7c3

Fbi

0x4ed812

Army

0x4ed834

And some random misc crap..

text of last/current cheat activated - 0x78c5f8

water specular level?! - zero it out, 0x78a667

"gta-vc.dat" loader, by changing this text in memory and restarting the game, you can bypass the original gta-vc.dat, and not have to overwrite it. useful for TC's, if you had some kind of launcher. i tested this by copying my gta-vc and renaming the copy to myriad.dat, altering the name in memory, and restarting the game, and it worked. then i deleted my myriad.dat and restarted the game, without switching the memory back, sure enough it crashed.

0x68e59c

*about the skins

They use whatever models are loaded into memory, which if you have 6 stars, is all the police/swat/fbi/army models. I changed the swat to the fireman model, and the game crashed. i loaded the fireman model through the main.scm, and did it again, and it works. same thing for the fbi, i loaded a hooker ped through the main.scm, and changed the value, it works. see?

user posted image

Now before i go back to work, there are some shotgun-toting hookers and magnum carrying firemen chasing me in their voodoos devil.gif

ULTRA

lol.gifsuicidal.gif Hi, nice forum. This is my first post.

I scripted a litte program that is able to change the cop's weapons.

I didn't try all weapons. Some might crash the game. Just try it and

tell me how it worked for you biggrin.gif

This is my first attempt on writing a trainer-like program, so don't kill me wink.gif

Get it >> here (8 KB)<<

Edit:

Okay, it doesn't crash, whatever weapon you choose for the cops.

Even the camera works. But then they are harmless. It looks funny when

they get out of their cars and wave cameras around lol.gif

Give them rocketlaunchers and they will blow themselves up when they try to shoot.

They are a kind of suicide bombers then suicidal.gif

Some weapons like the helicannon won't work. They will then use the

previous assigned weapons.

Edit2: One thing I forgot to mention: Thank you for the addresses, ashdexx! colgate.gif

Edit3: Some pics smile.gif

Hooligan cops biggrin.gif

url

When I saw this, I got a laugh attack lol.gif Two cops running up to you with chainsaws.

url

Man, what a butchery devil.gif

url

They are really deadly with that laserscope sniper rifle!

url

Also don't get too close to a cop with a flamethrower sly.gif

url

They are bad at throwing molotov cocktails. They are only worse at handling the rocketlauncher biggrin.gif

url

ashdexx already showed, how minigun-cops look like. Here's my version tounge.gif

url

Last and also least, cops with shotguns. That's not really spectacular, but they

are quite deadly

when they get their hands on that kind of weapons rah.gif

url

Great

edit by delfi - changed images to url's: when / if i ever get adsl you can post

65535 * 65535 big BITMAPS but until then post smaller pics or provide links,

i and probably most of other people use isdn or something < 5kb, so please

don't post large amout of large images.

Edited by Delfi

DexX

Well i found out for sure, or atleast every time ive tried so far, the machete WILL crash the game if you give it to a cop.

Ultra, thats a neat little app, what did you script it in? good screens too. shotguns, while not impressive to look at, are VERY deadly in the hands of the cops, ive been owned by them numerous times today happy.gif

Btw, welcome to the forums!

here's my version of the app that i made in TMK while i was testing the weapon stuff..

http://gregval.phpwebhosting.com/uploads/weaponed.rar

You need to fill in ALL the fields for the corresponding enemy, so if you change the swat weapons, put the number in BOTH fields under swat, not just one. tmk is rather limited to what you can do with the app, its functional, but not much more. i should really learn more of one programming language..

Got some new addresses too, what vehicles come out at what wanted levels..

Byte

Army - 0x4d1e23

Fbi - 0x4d1e43

Swat - 0x4d1e63

Vicechee - 0x4d1e83

So for example, say you wanted the swat at 6 stars, and the army at 4, go to the corresponding address, and swap the numbers.

Delfi, you know more about the car/ped control blocks than i do, do you have any idea if they might hold the data, for passengers in cars? ie how many, which side, the model, etc..

Stretchnutter

Ok well I've been at it all night.

My main goal was to find car acceleration and car speed limiter. I have an idea for a manual transmission mod.

I found this in someones readme for a vice trainer;

You get the current car pointer at 0x7E49C0 then add 0x120... this is the pointer to the handling data for the current car. Its in a very wierd order though and took me a couple tries to find what i needed.

In the Handling Block it starts off with an ID as a DWORD then next is MASS as a float. there are some other things there that you can match up with the handling.cfg file. But what i was looking for wasn't very blatent. I needed to modify the transmission data in realtime.

Handling Block + 0x7C = Drivetrain type [byte] - this must be a ascii character. The handling.cfg file says valid values are F/R/4

Handling Block + 0x7D = Engine type (has no effect?) [byte] valid values P/D/E

Handling Block + 0x7E = number of gears [byte]

Handling Block + 0x7F = ???flag??? [byte]

Handling Block + 0x80 = Acceleration [float] (very small number) put it too high and you will be stuck doing donuts tounge.gif

Handling Block + 0x84 = Speed Cap [float] (small number) only works on some cars?

Edited by Stretchnutter

ULTRA

I wrote my little trainer app in VB.

Okay, I've upgraded my trainer, so it is able to change weapons of FBI, SWAT and Army. And you can specify an interval that randomizes the weapon

usage of cops, fbi, swat and army. I will update it soon.

Btw: Machetes work fine for me, the game doesn't crash!

And what the hell do you mean by "Vicechee"? Sorry, I don't know what that word means blush.gif

One more question:

The address for the messages on the upper left corner is 0x939028.

Whats the size of that message buffer? I looked at the memory and counted

200 0-bytes. But I think that is too short as the text is stored

in unicode format what means I can only store 100 characters as a maximum.

Is there any possibility to expand that buffer?

Btw: The game will crash if you try to put a long word or sequence of characters without spaces there.

I think this is because the game isn't able to find a possibility to do a line break --> crash

Cray

As you have determined, the default message area is extremely delicate. The amount of text allowed to be displayed is extremely small (around the area that you have discovered), and as you have also found, MUST be broken up into many small chunks to allow for word-wrapping.

As far as I am aware, there is no real way to expand the buffer, but I guess the potential exists for you to rewrite the code that points to the internal text buffer, to make it point to a buffer somewhere else. This will be extremely hard from an outside source though, since the memory must be accessed from the game internally, so must also exist internally.

It is definitely not a nice area to work with if you want to display real messages, but for simple debug messages and the likes it works well.

ULTRA

Hm, I couldn't find a pointer to that buffer.

But I found out, what "Vicechee" means tounge.gif

JernejL
Delfi, you know more about the car/ped control blocks than i do, do you have any idea if they might hold the data, for passengers in cars? ie how many, which side, the model, etc..

sure yeah:

the driver pointer is at car ptr + 424, cars have 3 (or more)

passenger pointers following:

front-right, rear left, rear right.

the rest of data there may be for buses.

and

+ 560 - doors lock, 1 = no, 2 = yes.

ULTRA

Hehe, okay biggrin.gif

I've updated my little program. It can now randomize the weapon usage periodically (you are able to set the interval between 2 and 999 seconds)

You can also change the weapons of SWAT, FBI, Vicechee ( lol.gif ) and Army now.

It also shows a nice ingame message, if you change weapons or if they

are randomly changed by the timer.

It is really great fun, if you don't know what weapons the cops try to kill you with next!

I will expand my trainer app. The next feature I'll implement enables you to

set which units appear on what wanted level. Thanks for the addresses again, ashdexx biggrin.gif

Btw: You can get my new trainer version >> here (11 kb) <<.

If it doesn't start, then you need the VB Runtimes 6 installed (brah, I shouldn't have voted out English suicidal.gif Sorry for my hard to translate English)

JernejL

everyone is now doing it so i had to do it too.. for gta-vc developer console:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...0entry1704272

police weapon changer!!

user posted image

and the different from other tools that change the weapons too is that the list is loaded from weapon.dat wink.gif

vicecity cheetah forces are realy annoying when using teargas..

user posted image

Ultra, just a note - add some credits to ashdexx in your program!

and i tested if cops can use cameras, they can but is glitchy - they only do pictures if

you kill a cop and pickup his camera and turn on the aiming, but then cops start

picturing mad and eventualy crash the game.