Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,391 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
INH

Editing Pickup Type 1 Price

INH

To make a long story short, pickup type 1 is the weapon pickups used in AmmuNation in GTA3. In VC, using it with weapons other than M60, RPG-7, minigun, or remote nades will give you a $400 price tag. The other weapons have appropriate prices. There's no mention of it in .gxt, weapon.dat, or main.scm. I'm guessing its hardcoded, but I thought it would be worthwhile to ask you guys if you know anything or have seen anything about it. Demarest can't edit the prices in GTA3, either.

I want to use it to make black market arms dealers are Phil's and Cortez's yacht (I added a gangplank to it). Otherwise, I'd have to create an AmmuNation-style list, and I don't know positions to put weapons (not pickup, mind you) in the game.

Barton Waterduck

...00D6: if  0?010A:   player $PLAYER_CHAR money >  90000&&004D: jump_if_false £<somewhere 1>032B: $MolotovForSale = create_weapon_pickup #MOLOTOV 15? ammo 2000& at <x> <y> <z>...00D6: if 0? 0214:   pickup $MolotovForSale picked_up 004D: jump_if_false £<somewhere 2>0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += -90000&&00D6: if  0?810A:   NOT  player $PLAYER_CHAR money >  90000&&004D: jump_if_false £<somewhere 3>0215: destroy_pickup $MolotovForSale...

Edited by Barton Waterduck

Demarest

Do these opcodes/this technique work in GTA3 as well? Also, this seems to be a great way to create pickups. Does this mean that the existing one are hard coded?

INH

I haven't touched code for a while, so maybe I'm just losing the golden touch. I'm not seeing how that defines the price. I see how that wouldn't let you buy it unless you had x money. Unless the 2000& is price...?

Demarest
I haven't touched code for a while, so maybe I'm just losing the golden touch. I'm not seeing how that defines the price. I see how that wouldn't let you buy it unless you had x money. Unless the 2000& is price...?

When you pick it up, it deducts $90,000 from your current money. But first it checks if you even have that much before it lets you pick it up.

INH

Seems a bit pricey!

Barton Waterduck

Seems a bit pricey!

...00D6: if  0?010A:   player $PLAYER_CHAR money > <price>004D: jump_if_false £<somewhere 1>032B: $MolotovForSale = create_weapon_pickup #MOLOTOV 15? ammo <bottles> at <x> <y> <z>...00D6: if 0? 0214:   pickup $MolotovForSale picked_up 004D: jump_if_false £<somewhere 2>0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += -<price>00D6: if  0?810A:   NOT  player $PLAYER_CHAR money >  <price>004D: jump_if_false £<somewhere 3>0215: destroy_pickup $MolotovForSale...

Edited by Barton Waterduck

Demarest

Come on, INH, you know better than that! The beauty of coding is that nothing is set in stone. Save for that which is hard-coded into the game.exe such as which icons appear in the AmmuNations and what their prices are.

Barton Waterduck
Come on, INH, you know better than that! The beauty of coding is that nothing is set in stone. Save for that which is hard-coded into the game.exe such as which icons appear in the AmmuNations and what their prices are.

90000 divided on 2000 bottles = 45 silver gta coins for each bottle.

INH

Wow, I'm just flabbergasted you thought I was stupid enough not to realize I can change it easily. That was just a little joke, guys.

Demarest
Wow, I'm just flabbergasted you thought I was stupid enough not to realize I can change it easily. That was just a little joke, guys.

I don't think anybody thought you were stupid. I could've PMed you my post and accomplished the same goal if I thought you were stupid. I said it publically because others might read the post and think that Molotov's have to cost that much. I said what I said in case somebody took those words out of context and put themselves into a mental prison. If you read what I said, it was that you're NOT stupid. And then I went on to explain (more for the public's benefit) the beauty of coding. Usually such sensitivity is only seen in women. I've never had to edit myself as much as I do in these forums. Maybe somebody can explain to me why everybody is so quick to take things the wrong way, fight, whatever?

INH

Well, I can say with certainty that patronizing posts do not help things one bit.

Barton Waterduck

no problem, just make a better joke the next time. sigh.gif

Demarest
no problem, just make a better joke the next time. sigh.gif

Doesn't seem possible around here. Everybody would rather assume the worst.

@INH: Whatever dude. I'm not going to sit here and kiss your butt or beg for forgiveness or whatever when I didn't do anything wrong. Relax. If you take yourself less seriously you may enjoy life more.

redviper88

I know it's a bit late to reply to this topic, but I just found it and it sounds like a great solution for a problem I have.

The only thing is that it doesn't work.

When I pick up the pickup and don't have enough money to buy another one the game crashes.

I just copied the code from Barton and edited it with the right coordinates, ammo etc. but everytime it tries to destroy the pickup the game crashes.

Putting in a wait command before the destroy didn't help at all.

What am I doing wrong????

PatrickW

This is indeed an ancient topic, but since your question is ontopic...

Instead of pointing to Barton's code, please post the appropriate section of your own code. That makes it much easier for us to spot the problem.

redviper88

Ok, here is my code.

I changed the type to 1 so that the pickup would respawn after 3 seconds (or so), because I cannot remember the type that also does this but is also free. (Am I making sense a bit?)

Hope someone knows a solution!

:Rvweapons0001: wait 50 ms 00D6: if  0010A:   player $PLAYER_CHAR money > 19004D: jump_if_false ££Rvweapons032B: $MolotovForSale = create_weapon_pickup #BAT 1 ammo 7 at 274.0 -1281.0 11.1:Rvweaponsa0001: wait 50 ms 00D6: if 00214:   pickup $MolotovForSale picked_up004D: jump_if_false ££Rvweaponsa0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += -1000D6: if  0810A:   NOT  player $PLAYER_CHAR money >  19004D: jump_if_false ££Rvweaponsa0215: destroy_pickup $MolotovForSale

random_download

Well that code seems fine, are you sure that whatever goes after the last opcode is not crashing the game? Try adding:

0002: jump ££Rvweapons

at the end.

redviper88

Thanks Random_Download, that was just what was wrong with it.

Now just to find out how I can create a free pickup that respawns rather quickly, but I think I know where to find that.

Y_Less
To create a free one, just use that code without all the price code.

redviper88

Y_Less, that was not what I meant, I know I could just removed the code to create free pickups.

What I needed was to create a pickup that would respawn after 3 seconds.

But I just changed the code so that it removes the pickup after it's picked up and then wait 3 seconds before checking wether I have enough money for another one.

It is a little workaround but it is working none the less.

But thanks anyway for your reply.