Hello and welcome to GTAForums, the social arm of the GTANet and home of the largest Grand Theft Auto community on the web!
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with these basic rules, enforced to help keep the forums a friendly environment for all of our community:
- No Flaming Language or comments that are antagonistic, provocative, slanderous, derogatory, abusive, aggressive or confrontational. Do not derail topics with unrelated subjects and insist on doing so when a moderator tells you not to. This includes, but is not limited to, arguments about political views or personal opinions, among other subjects that may be more sensitive and instead belong in a forum like Debates & Discussions. We are not interested in a GTA topic becoming a pissing contest between members who have a personal issue with one another.
- No Hate Speech Discriminatory language or comments, such as racism, sexism, transphobia or homophobia, misogyny, ableism and any other kind of bigotry.
No Harassment Continued intimidation, pressurised, pestering or forceful remarks towards a member in public or in private, sexual or otherwise. Although we encourage people to take personal issues to Personal Messages (PM), if either of the members involved reports the PM to staff, it is immediately in our right to decide to act upon it.
Harassment or encouragement of harassment of Rockstar and/or its employees, or other individuals or groups such as voice actors, for any reason, is not tolerated whatsoever and will get you banned from this community immediately, without any chance of negotiation. You are not welcome at all here if you are involved in these situations. We reserve the right to terminate your membership even if we find you doing these actions off-network.
- No Explicit Material Posting or linking to any explicit, pr0nographic or offensive media; such as sex, nudity or gore (this includes signatures & avatars). This includes pr0nography and nudity from video games. Depending on the material and if you heed staff warnings, this may or may not be an instant permanent ban.
No Spam Off-topic, nonsensical, one word, smiley-only or otherwise pointless and non-contributory posts (such as single GIF or image posts). Double posting is frowned upon, and only allowed if necessary. Do not bump a topic unless needed, please always check the date of the last post before posting. If you don't have anything to add to a topic, just don't.
Please report posts or topics to staff that you think are spam, DO NOT contribute to spamming the topic or replying to a spam post further, as this may get you Warned for contributing to spamming in the first place.
- No Warez Posting links to, requesting or discussing illegally obtained or pirated materials; such as games, software or other media.
- No Ripping Stealing or plagiarising other people's work and claiming it as your own; such as game mods, images or written content. Depending on the extent of the situation, you may be permanently banned, especially in the case of game mods.
- No Advertising Promoting your website, YouTube channel, Discord server or other service such as referral links by posting topics/posts in other topics or PMing members. (promotion in your profile or relevant topics e.g. Video topics is acceptable)
- No Multiple Accounts A new account should only be made if there is a legitimate reason (please contact a staff member first); members using another account to break rules or evade bans will be taken care of appropriately.
Breaking these rules will result in a Reminder, Warning, Temporary Ban or Permanent Ban being issued by a Moderator. Your Member Log keeps a record of this and explains the reason why it was issued. Action taken is at the Moderator's discretion and judgement, but is based on the severity of your rule violation, how often it may be occurring and your Member Log history. A member with a longer Member Log, depending on their past history, may have a much lower level of tolerance versus a member who is being Warned for the first time.
Please do not argue about Moderator decisions in unrelated threads. If you have a question or issue with a decision, bring it up in Forum Support or post a private appeal in the Court House. Violations may result in additional disciplinary action taken against your account.
We rely heavily on our community to flag posts, topics or members that break these rules using the Report system, a link of which is found in the ellipsis menu at the top right of each post. We have some automatic moderation rules that help us out with cleaning the forum from certain specific kinds of content, so please use it as much as possible.
Use common sense and you will get along just fine! Like any other forum, there are unspoken 'rules' of etiquette amongst the community regarding spamming (the occasional meme is fine and is actually funny if used in moderation, but please don't go overboard) and trolling (deliberately acting out to annoy or flame the community). While such things aren't generally enforced as rule breaking depending on the situation, Moderators will take action if such posts become a habit, cause problems or result in complaints from other members. We are a fan forum most of all, and we are certainly not interested in brigading or trolling against Rockstar and their games, "criticism" is one of the reasons we have topics named "B*tch & Moan" for each mainline Rockstar game - we don't usually enforce the rules too much on those, unless you are being annoying, toxic, harassing or violating any of the other main rules above. Use some common sense and realise you're in a fan forum, slinging toxicity at Rockstar will be heavily frowned upon.
Last but certainly not least, please be aware that discussion of anything deemed illegal in the real world is not welcome on GTAForums.
Please remember GTAForums is offered as a free service. To ensure our community remains an enjoyable experience for everyone, we may remove you from GTAForums at any time if you are found to be breaking the rules or otherwise abusing our platform.