First of all a general note for all those not knowing what SACon actually is:
SACon is a Quake-style ingame console for GTA SA v1.0.
- Cvar support (console variables) - They can be accessed either through code or through the console.
- Autocompletion - Press TAB and you see a list of commands and/or cvars that begin with whatever you've typed in. The shortest match among all found entries is automatically copied to input line. Additionally SACon provides API functions which allow plugins to implement autocompletion for command parameters.
- Input History - SACon remembers the last 31 commands you've typed in.
- Extendable - Plugins can be written in order to add commands to the console. Plugins can also access the IDirect3DDevice9 interface of GTA which allows them to draw own things onscreen. Furthermore they can use SACon script interface in order to execute SCM script commands on the fly. All plugins can be loaded and unloaded at runtime. Through its plugin system SACon also provides an easy way to load DLLs into GTAs address space.
- Keybindings - SACon allows the user to bind commands to keys. This way important commands can be bound to keys which allows fast access. It's possible to assign multiple commands to one key and to use ALT and CTRL as keymodifiers.
I have made some screenshots which show SACon v2 and the Base Plugin in action:
SACon v2 in General
Spawning a vehicle
SACon v2 running together with spookie's speedometer mod (works with Hook and ProxyDLL version)
A fright train in the city of San Fierro (createtrain in action)
Gay CJ (setwalkstyle in action)
Playing as grandpa (setskin in action)
SACon itself can be downloaded from here:
Make sure to read readme.htm!
The Plugin SDK can be downloaded from here:
SACon Plugin SDK
The Plugin SDK contains header files necessary to write plugins for SACon, the Plugin API documentation as well as an example plugin with source code.
The Plugin SDK is only required if you want to write plugins for SACon.
SACon itself is pretty boring. The interesting stuff is implemented via plugins:
Base Plugin v184.108.40.206
The Base Plugin registers several commands which allow you to
- Spawn Vehicles
- Get any weapon you want
- Control Weather
- Start Missions
Speedometer Plugin v1.0
Speedometer Plugin v1.0 Source Code
The Speedometer Plugin shows an analog/digital speedometer while driving vehicles.
Please note that plugins created for SACon v1.x won't work with SACon v2 since the Plugin API has changed a bit. SACon v2 will refuse to load these plugins.
If you have any questions, drop them here.
Please note that my forum name is INT 03, not ASM since it was already registered by another user.
So if you want to send me any PMs or sth like this, send them to INT 03.