I know you're disappointed about lack of crime stuff, but let me ask you this:
How would you rate the game?
And by that, I mean rate it by what's in the game. Not by what's not in the game.
I'm curious as to what you'd score it without being disappointed by things you wanted that weren't in.
Also, some explanation behind your score would be ideal. Details.
Right. The things I loved about GTA V :
* The graphics and visual effects were stunning to look at, and so beautiful detailed.
* Los Santos looked amazing
* The map was huge, with an extensive variation of landscapes and environments.
* Many of the cars and other vehicles looked superb.
* Some of heists and other missions were pure action-packed, explosive, classic moments of fun (mainly the non-FIB/cop ones).
* A lot of funny, comical moments in the story that made for great laughs and entertainment.
* It was great to see a large variety of weapons once again.
* The convenience store robbery hold-ups were great fun, I was so glad to see this feature return.
* I really liked the random criminal events - it made the Los Santos streets feel much more lively with regards to the crime rate.
* I really liked the police system where you can escape the police if you run out of sight and successfully hide from them.
* I really loved the fact that out of choice, I could kill my most hated protagonist out of the three - TREVOR.
GTA V does many things right in a great way, but it also gets so many small things wrong, that in the end it affected many important aspects of the gameplay and held it back from being the ultimate GTA experience. I won't go into all of that, you know it already. But it is a shame, because V just had the potential and all the ingredients in place to be the best GTA game ever. Regardless, I still had a great time playing the game, it was great fun, I had a right blast for most part. I was still provided with many very memorable and classic GTA moments, and it's definitely worth having in my collection as a big GTA fan. I'm still very much glad I bought it and played it, even though it let me down in certain key areas.
So rather than give it a perfect 10 or near-perfect 9, I'd say it deserves solid 8/10.
Definitely a great game - just not as great as it should and could have been.
Great post...I agree with everything except Trevor. I think he is the best GTA protag to date.
Just because you didn't get your worshipped gang wars or gang recruitment etc doesn't make V any less of a primarily focused crime game.
Talking of which, and for the 2576th time - V is not supposed to be a SA 2.0, and it was never supposed to be. When are you going to get this through that head of yours? Just let go and accept it already...
*Also, since when was pool or bowling or taxi missions or dating or ring racing or basketball or car/boat/flying schools or anything else I missed - crime related? Incase you hadn't noticed, GTA has ALWAYS had non-crime related side activities since Vice City. It's one of the main things that made your precious San Andreas so popular. But because R* decided to expand on them in V to make them more fun for us, you're trying to claim that these activities have taken over as the primary focus of the game. Give me a f*cking break....
My only guess is that your just nit-picking to try and justify your bitterness that V didn't give you enough gangbanging stuff. You should be happy you got any at all. It's pretty obvious R* just threw in Franklin to keep the SA kids happy, and that they really wanted to make their own game revolving around Michael and Trevor.
@ niko bellic half brother
Here we go again. Have you finished your ranting mister ? I've been over this subject with you a million times. I'm not repeating myself to you, and I'm not gonna respond to this recycled rubbish you keep spitting out.
Go and preach your anti-gangsta/ San Andreas sermons to someone else, I've heard it all already TOO many times.
Many people on here agree with my views, so keep ranting on, I could not give a sh*t if it depresses you. Try not to choke on those Prozacs.
"You've put me in my place yet again Niko. Once more, I am at a stump as to counter your points, so I'll simply respond by lazily accusing you of using recycled arguments despite you making this point to me for the first time, by using my own recycled default rebuttal"
Sounds about right.
But please, do tell us again how previous GTA's never had non-crime related side activities...
Damn, you truly are delusional and thick. Ive seen some your replies to General's and I can understand his frustration in dealing with you. It really is pointless in arguing with certain people and you are just one of those guys.
@General, I know you know this but the best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them...I urge you to do so with this guy.