Much more Interiors - What interiors? All I remember is a hospital, some Burger Shots and a few copy and pasted apartment buildings. Interiors were never prominent in GTA anyway.Much better side missions - Like what? Assassinations? GTA V has those too.Much better side activities - Such as bowling and darts yeah really?Much better storyline - To be quite frank I don't really give a crap about the story in any GTA. It's always been quite bland to me. I'd rather they focus on improving gameplay.Much better protagonists and antagonists - You mean whiny Niko Bellic and ''Let's Go Bowling'' Roman? I will agree that Dimitri was a much better antagonist than Steve Haines or Devin Weston but like I said earlier, story is not what I play GTA for.Longer game duration - I would rather a short game full of quality missions than the repetitive ''drive here, kill that'' missions of GTA 4.
I'm gonna include the Episodes in this, don't give a f**k whether you think it's fair or not. I think it is, as the Complete Edition is one game. GTA V should have been miles better than GTA IV plus the Episodes anyway.
* Interiors ? Um, let's see in GTA IV you had Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell fast food restaurants, diners, cafes, nightclubs, bars, not one, but two strip clubs, subway stations, museums, luxury hotel, office tower block, numerous apartments, clothes stores, internet cafes, laundromats, porn shop and I may even have missed a few more. Your memory is SH*T.
Interiors have been a massive part of GTA games after GTA III. Vice City and San Andreas were huge steps forward and revolutionized GTA gaming de to the fact that they contained many different interiors. Sorry, your point is bullsh*t.
* I'm not just talking about Assassinations you idiot. GTA IV side missions include drug-dealing for Little Jacob, stealing cars for Brucie and Stevie, Police Database/Vigilante quest - all of which were great fun, even more so when you took armed back up with you. Ballad Of Gay Tony had Drug Wars, The Lost And Damned had Gang Wars. GTA V had nothing like this.
* Side activities - well in addition to bowling and darts, GTA IV did also have pool which was good, plus there was dating. TBOGT had cage fighting/gambling, nightclub, club management. TLAD had arm wrestling and card games. Much more than GTA V and much better.
*GTA is nothing without a half-decent main story at least. The legendary storytelling aspect of GTA games is one of the main foundations of the success and popularity of the series. Anything less and the game is just a plain and boring sandbox game with no end purpose to it other than kill people and destroy things. Going by your opinion, GTA would just be shallow and lacking in substance just like other sandbox crime games like State Of Emergency or the later Saints Row games. Thank God you don't work for Rockstar.
V did not really improve that much on the gameplay either, the driving felt arcadey, the combat was nothing special, and the gunshot effects were even less convincing that what was in IV.
And if you don't play GTA for the story, then you are better off sticking with GTA III. It had much less of a story, so since all you care about is killing and destroying, you need not bother with later GTAs that had deeper, sophisticated storylines.
* You admit that GTA IV had better antagonists, so I wont go into that. As for protagonists, that's subjective, I just think that Niko was better than any of the 3 protagonists in GTA V. Niko was just more refined and better executed in his creation.
* I'll repeat what the other guy said. Why would you have a preference for any kind of mission in GTA since you don't give a f**k about the story ?? If you don't care about the story, it's not your business to talk about what kind of missions are best for the game, don't you think Einstein ?
Any why should you care about the game's length either ? You don't need to worry about how long or short the single player campaign is, because after all you don't give a f**k about the story.
Holy crap, you take everything way too seriously.
If you're going to continue insulting me like a child (even though I did nothing to offend you), then we're not going to continue having this conversation.
You look very stupid right there. He pretty much nailed every point and you want to sit there and deny it.
- Official General likes this