I must say, this sounds like a neat idea. I think it would be cool to see the buildings under construction actually develop more through out the game. Kinda like how the Saints HQ gradually got more finished as you progressed in Saints Row 2. That or how things appeared in the Mansion and Ocean View Hotel in Vice City as you progressed through the game.
To build on this, I really liked games like Mafia II and Driver Parallel Lines which had two different time periods. I hope a GTA like this comes in the future. It would be cool when they do Vice City in the HD era, where part of the game takes place in the past, like the 80's, and another part is present day. You get that "then and now" view of the map.
Edit: I think its for the mission where you break into the military base, or it may be the home invasion one that has the van parked out side Ryder's house. Anyways, for that, one of them, I remember CJ saying something about the van not being there when he came in. I wouldn't make it spawn for what ever mission that was.
Yeah that van is not spawning before the mission. Yes the aim is to allow buildings to progress and you will also receive awards after certain things.
Anyway this mod is currently on hold because I'm working on a much larger project which will be posted on GTAF soon.
I Just found this, so if you guys are going for super beta or what ever here you go!
Out of all the Grand Theft Auto games, San Andreas may have had the most changes before release. For the first and only time in the series, there were animals in the game (even though there are fish in the water and birds in the air), the player was able to have uncensored sex, drink, and do drugs. There were many interiors that were left unused, though many remain in the game files. There were a considerable amount of missions cut, as well as numerous weapons, vehicles and character models.
- Carl's stance was similar to Tommy's
- Characters including Officer Carver, Larry and Poncho were removed.
- Both Sweet and Big Smoke had their appearances changed. Sweet was originally dressed in black and wore a black skully, Big Smoke wore a white jersey and did not wear a hat, exposing his shaved head.
- Kendl Johnson's facial model and clothing were altered.
- Gang members looked different and wore different clothing.
- Each city had its own motorcycle cop model, whereas in the final release the same model is used for all cities (The beta cop models can still be found on the game´s files)
- According to a strategy guide, the Triad members were originally different.
- According to a preview before the games release, Steve Scott was originally going to return for a "big" action movie in San Andreas.
- In a screen before the games release Carl Johnson looked slightly older than the current one.
- There are many deleted missions which include The Truth is Out There and Impounded, or missions with different objectives which include Doberman, Photo Opportunity and Beat Down on B Dup.
- In the first version of Saint Mark's Bistro, CJ had to chase Marco Forelli with a car in the streets of Portland, but for some reason, Portland is not full in the final version (only Saint Mark's, Red Light District and some place of Chinatown and Portland View) and the road isn't solid everywhere.
- Fish in a Barrel was supposedly an actual mission instead of a mere cutscene.
- In Sweet's Girl, originally Sweet did not have a gun, so CJ escorted him out.
- In Photo Opportunity, unused text implies that CJ hijacked and used a helicopter.
- There was going to be a mission involving a search for Big Smoke.
- There was going to be a different race in the Los Santos Stadium.
- According to cut text, San Andreas was going to have a mission pack.
- In beta, car- and bike school had to run in same place, in Doherty's driving school.
- The Pizza Boy side-mission was removed.
- The Top Fun mini game from Vice City was supposedly to return but its was removed for unknown reasons.
- According to the PS2 files, there was to be originally 50 rampages (non-multiplayer) all over the map, but this was cut for unknown reasons.
- Originally, if Carl Johnson killed a pedestrian, a news van would arrive and the crew would report on the event.
- If Carl crashed into a lamp post a mechanic would arrive to fix it. If the player killed the mechanic the lamp post would remain broken for a time, even if the player left the immediate area.
- The Mulholland Safehouse seemed to have a full interior that can be seen from the outside. The change on final version causes a glitch which allows the player to go through the wall.
- Donut shops such as Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts were places where Carl Johnson could eat.
- San Fierro in the beta had very few docks and more parks. The beta map of San Fierro was very detailed and can be seen in Driving School.
- There was cars driving around the car parks and may park there in San Fierro. (Also in Valet car park)
- The construction yard near the hospital in Downtown Los Santos had a crane.
- The Easter Basin Naval Base had a different outline, it had a dock and the ship is missing.
- San Andreas was much bigger and had several different land masses, such as a larger San Fierro (which resembled San Francisco more closely), A full beta map of San Andreas can be found on a wall in the Lil' Probe'Inn.
- Las Venturas had a different name by the initials "LG". In early screen shots of Las Venturas, Police Cars had the initials "LG" printed on their doors. One can only assume what "LG" stood for.
- Santa Flora Medical Center had 2 helipads on its roof. These pads were most likely meant for the Maverick and Raindance that spawn there in the alpha. Oddly enough, these helipads were absent in the alpha, so the choppers simply spawned on the roof.
- The Clown's Pocket casino was originally called The Ringmaster, its original name can still be seen on the paper map included inside the game box.
- Hardware Stores was originally included in-games, and you can buy tools (like in GTA Vice City).
- Pharmacies from Vice City were originally included where you can buy health and adrenaline.
- The second beta name for Las Venturas (after LG) was : Las Venturra.
- The village of Bayside didn't exist in the beta version.
- The village of Dillimore was smaller in the beta version.
- The Hunter Quarry was smaller in the beta version.
- Some roads present in the Red County beta are absent in the final version.
- According to the beta map, there was a small island in San Fierro bay which was most likely based on Alcatraz.
- The beta map of San Fierro located on the driving school of San Fierro
- The Skateboard was cut from the final game (its icon is still on the disk, and it can still be used but only as a weapon).
- Strategy guides and other prints speak of a Gun Cane available alongside the Cane. The Gun Cane does not appear anywhere in the game.
- The Parachute was originally smaller and blue (it can be seen in the demonstration video in Flight School showing how to control parachute).
- Accorded to some early preview of the games, 150 weapons were originally included in-game.
- Another Rocket Launcher called "M47 dragon" was cut, its files can only be found in the PS2 version.
- A sniper rifle named "M82" was cut.
- The grenade launcher was cut again.
- Two machine guns named "M249 SAW" and "M60" was cut, its files can only be found in the PS2 version.
- The Micro-SMG was removed, it can be seen in early screenshots of the game.
- The Parachute icon was originally a bit different.
- The AK-47 icon was originally different.
- The Jetpack and the cell phone originally had icons on the HUD like the other weapons.
- Animals that would roam the rural areas were cut. (Their models are still available in the game's files, albeit without AI present).
- Originally, there were over 300 gang territories to be taken over all over the map.
- The ability to create and run your own casino was taken out after the alpha version.
- Usable car-washes, similar to those in GTA IV, were cut.
- The ability to ride the trolleys in San Fierro was cut.
- It was possible to hear many vague sounds from your car if it was broken. These sounds can be hear from Rockstar games's beta gameplay video or some of the trailers.
- You can also hear many minor sounds included in beta release which are useless in the final game, but these files are still in GENRL file and can be moddable with mod tools.
- The mobster who Carl kills in Saint Mark's was originally going to be called Marco Forelli but due to deleted audio, his name was never mentioned in the final version.
- The Grove Street Families were originally going to be called The Orange Grove Families.
- Pedestrians would walk into and out of accessible places like stores, clubs, etc. And GSF members would walk into and out of / hang out in your safehouses.
- Pool tables were originally going to be colored green instead of blue.
- The motor bikers had a different design.
- Carl Johnson would be able to use drugs, which would make the camera wobble around making it more difficult to control CJ.
- The ability to drink beer was cut from the final version.
- Through the hidden interiors universe, unused brothels can be found, these were most likely to be placed on top of Strip Clubs.
- Pre-release magazine articles showed that stealing cars was to be much more difficult. In early screen shots, car jacking was shown to involve smashing the car's window and then hot wiring it. This was all removed, possibly due to the limitations posed by the PS2. A similar system is present in GTAIV.
- The ability to rob stores (like in GTA Vice City) such as 24/7 was removed.
- The ability to put many way point on the map was removed at the very end of the development. In the final version, we can put only one way point.
- Accorded to the strategy guide, adrenaline from previous GTA were in the beta version. However their effects can still be activate with a cheat code.
- According to a picture from the strategy guide, there was originally a pool table inside Madd Dogg's Mansion.
- According to Rockstar Game, the game was made on 2 DVDs, that's why a lot of things were deleted when they put the game in one DVD.
- According to american.gxt, there was several phone call and lines which where cut.
- According to gta3.img, There are several more items of clothing available at the clothes stores, including t-shirts, trousers, caps and more - these were all in the game but not used.
- There was a boxcar that the Freight would presumably have pulled instead of, or in addition to the flatcars present in the final version. These still exist in the game, and can be modded on to a train with relative ease.
- A path file exists for the railroad track into Easter Basin, suggesting that it was to feature at some point. This can be utilized through modification.
- Originaly,the prostitute with a braid,had short hair.
- The camera was orginally white as seen in the cutscene The Green Sabre
Thanks for Copying and Pasting from Wikia but it's not all beta, it also has rumors and stuff that's available in TTDISA however they are not beta but brand new stuff that the mod's creator made.
Dan Houser has stated that SA was going to have the 3-Protagonist like in V. The only one of those three whom we know is Carl CJ Johnson, so we can just guess who were the others. My guess is CJ, Sweet, Cesar.This idea got cancelled because of PS2's limitations.
Also, Drive-By was going to be a side mission, a way to gain more territory around the state, in which you could act as one of shooters.
Yes and there are left overs however only codes and we don't know enough and this was in a such an early stage that it will not get included. I know that you want it because it's like V but the beta was nothing like V. And BTW the two other protagonist ware completely removed as Rockstar said that each of the characters would have been in their own city(CJ in LS and the other two in SF and LV)
Hello everyone! Firstly I would like thank you all for visiting this topic it might have a bit weird name however it is what it is, this mod will make drastic or even minor changes to the city as you progress through the story line I.E. construction works progress etc. however that's not the only new thing. You will receive awards in the Johnson House and Madd Dogg's mansion after passing some of the best missions these awards vary from a bag of money from the casino heist or your very own helicopter for completing all the helicopter races. The mod will also effect what type of weapon your gang is using. However it also fixes some of the minor issues like the cars in missions just appear when you start the mission, however in this mod they are there as soon as the mission is available however they are not enter-able.
This mod is currently in a very early stage and the topic is only available for suggestions. The cars are now finished in the LS set of missions.
Her are a few screenshots but only of the pre-mission vehicles: https://imageshack.com/i/2hsnkbp