About 2 weeks ago, it started fading, to the point where it was almost black. These fades happened over about 3 minutes, then would stay like that for a while, then take another 3 minutes to come back to normal, where it would stay again for a while, then repeat.
I've noticed that it doesn't happen until around 2 hours after the computer is first turned on - this makes me think it could have something to do with overheating.
I've tried the monitors degauss option, but to no avail. I'm not exactly sure of what would make a magnetic field, but there are several things around it - 3 satelite speakers (2 either side, one on top), a router and a subwoofer (below, on the floor).
At the moment I take it the el cheapo monitor is buggered, and I should just upgrade to LCD?
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2800+
MoBo: Asus A7N8X-X
Graphics: Leadtek A350XT TDH 128MB (nVidia FX5900)