Photo

Paths Documentation for SA, VC and GTA3

68 replies to this topic
Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:08 PM

hey I use Max7 and when i click run script and select the pathgenerator nothing happens. WTF?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Oct 15 2006, 09:08)
hey I use Max7 and when i click run script and select the pathgenerator nothing happens. WTF?

Check the MaxScript Rollout in your Utility Panel after running the script. Bear in mind that the script will not "generate a path", per se, you'll create that by hand.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (DexX @ Oct 16 2006, 08:29)
QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Oct 15 2006, 09:08)

Check the MaxScript Rollout in your Utility Panel after running the script. Bear in mind that the script will not "generate a path", per se, you'll create that by hand.

oh thank you, will do! didnt think about it, cos KAMs scripts usually have got their own floating windows.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:55 PM

no, it still des not work. just nothing happens after i click runs script and select it

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:10 AM

just go the utilities panel and scroll down there is just paths. script BUMP click and load and there is your window maximize it and done, NOTE it isnt the same floating window as Kam Scripts it stays in place.

insomniacnumba1
  • insomniacnumba1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

asmuch as this is irrelevant is there this precise program for GTA III if so PM the link to me

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

I don't know if this thread still reflects the current state of knowledge but in case it doesn't...

Paths flags revealed (at least for car paths)

Flag1: node speed limit (0-slow, 1-medium, 2-fast); fast means cars can get very well more than 55mph, medium would be more like 40mphm slow means something like 27.5mph. A fourth speed limit could be easily hacked into the exe but high speeds (2xfast) cause after a brief time a stack overflow error in a proc that recursively calls itself. Still my upcoming VC:Traffic mod will enable such a fourth speed limit state.

Flag2:
1st bit("1"): backroad bit, cars don't drive onto the backroads (turn around if necessary) and cop cars don't get spawned on them either when the player has wanted stars.
2nd bit:("2"): police roadblock bit, police can set-up roadblocks only on nodes with the 2nd bit set; this flag gets also accessed when the game sets-up traffic lights on start-up so there might be interdependencies there.
3rd bit ("4"): restricted access area. Cars with a certain flag set (at +168 into the vehicle block, 3rd bit ("4")) cannot enter the path just as normal vehicles do not enter backroads (see above). You can set the flag to true for a specific vehicle with the 0428 opcode

Flag3:
as mentioned in an above post, spawn frequency, float, 0.0f-1.0f; 0 means never spawn, 1 means always spawn when the node has been chosen for a spawn

Alex

Monkee88
  • Monkee88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:50 AM

Ok i am a noob and I reeally wanna add in a new map I downloaded. Can anybody explain how to do it? Would be greatly appreciated.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

Hey, BUMP. How do I use the script? I mean, i ran it (finally!) and created the line, clicked generate path, copied the text from Script listener into my IPL and there are no people there. I did not change any values except for path width, i left it 0 once and then changed into 1, still, nothing happens. Can someone give me a hint on how to use the script... pretty please...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users