Troubleshooting and Optimisations

57 replies to this topic
Zarg
  • Zarg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:39 PM

Hi,

When running GTA 2, the free download, it runs fine on my XP Home at the normal speed. After between 5 and up to 60 minutes later the game just shuts down - I end up back on my windows desktop without a trace of the game ever running. Can anyone help, I'm hooked but fed up of the same first few missions! 

Thanks.

it may be a drivers problem, or your windows is getting bad.
try to reinstall your system, and update your video card drivers (sometimes the newest drivers can fail, only use wich ones works well)

if the game makes your pc reboot, may be an exe infection, usually Win32/Parite.B

Yoshi08
  • Yoshi08

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:51 AM Edited by Yoshi08, 14 April 2006 - 04:29 PM.

I had this problem too i had a frew bluescreens, BAD_POOL_HEADER, videoprt.sys, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I had do uninstall my C-Media AC 97 Driver from the internet (Windows XP Update searcher...)
On my Bios CD i had installed the Driver and now no Bluescreen any more!!!

VCNMaverick
  • VCNMaverick

GTA addict

• Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:51 AM

WTF is going on? Okay, I've had the Rockstar PC copy of GTA2 since July '05 (the classics collection), and the game had perfect graphics until now. It's WAY more pixelly than it used to be for some odd reason (it used to be like you'd see in the PC screenshots, now it's as pixelly as GTA1). Anybody know what to do?

soulofgod
  • soulofgod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:41 AM

can somebody tell me how to play multiplayer?
viddy_pirate.gif

prowler1905
  • prowler1905

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:19 PM

sad.gif I need help about GTA2!! nervous.gif
I dowloaded the GTA2 from http://www.rockstargames.com/classics
It instaled but when i click to GTA2 Manager it give an error like "GTA2 Manager had a problem and must be shutdown...." so i can not play the game.
I have XP Pro SP2 by the way...

Miner
  • Miner

GTA2 Modder, Tank Driver. Uses debug to see car data, it rocks.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:20 PM Edited by Sektor, 30 May 2008 - 10:26 PM.

I have the same windows and such, it works fine for me.

Try downloading the GTA2 Powermanager from:
http://www.gtatools....tion=file&id=11

Also has modding tools, if you decide to mod(modify) gta2, or make maps for it, ect. Both players WILL NEED the same files trough, so best to stay off those gxt files, and sty, and such.

Hmm... or try right clicking gta2 manager(program file itsself, not a... fast way to it), and try to let it run on old stuff? Gah, hard to explain...

ARGH! DAMNED FORUM DECIDED TO QUIT ON ME!!!, when i posted!!!!!!!
Glad i decided to copy and paste...

Or maybe the GTA2 WIndows XP Patch also works?
If you dont have it.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

a solution for many random crashes and freezes in these older direftx games can be solved by turning off write combines, go to display properties > advanced > troubleshooting.

tyrannosaurus__lex
  • tyrannosaurus__lex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:42 AM

At first GTA2 wouldn't run, I changed the compatability mode and managed to get as far as "GTA2 Manager", but now it won't let me enter the game, I get an error message that says "unable to create registry key".

brasilian_girl2
  • brasilian_girl2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (tyrannosaurus__lex @ Dec 17 2006, 09:42)
At first GTA2 wouldn't run, I changed the compatability mode and managed to get as far as "GTA2 Manager", but now it won't let me enter the game, I  get an error message that says "unable to create registry key".

when you`re on administrator u don't have this problem...
because when you are in limited then you are not allowed to access or change the reg. Thats why when you in admin it works.

so..Just install GTA2 into a shared folder using an administrator account so everyone can use it.

i hope it helps u... don`t forget to say here if works...ok?

bye.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

you could run the gta2 manager as admin and just the game without gta2 manager as lua account.

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:36 AM

I got the version off Rockstar's website, the legal free download. It was working fine for about a year, but now when I play it, after about every 10 minutes, the game just minimizes and returns me to my desktop, and I have to click the window to continue. This is very annoying if it happens mid-mission. Any idea why this is?

Solrobot
  • Solrobot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:00 AM

I have no texture filtering in GTA2. It looks ugly, like PSX graphics. I have GeForce 4200 and drivers version 91.31. It was filtering on 4x.xx driver series. But if I install old drivers it will be glitches on new games. Is there a solution for this problem?

Magic Bullet
  • Magic Bullet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

I have Downloaded GTA2 off rockstar classics
but the inataller wont run! what can i do to get it to run?
in the readme it just says ''double clickthe installer to start'' and that's it!
please Help!

mrviper
  • mrviper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:26 AM

hi i am running windows 2000 and i the GTA2 manager works but when i launch the game it says: "gta2.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created"

What is the problem here?

mtrcso
  • mtrcso

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

I'm experiencing lag from GTA 2 lately, idk what it is. I try reinstalling the game and seemed to help but only a little. I check my other games to seee if the same problem persists in those games, but everything seem to run normal.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:35 AM

Has anyone gotten it to work on Vista? Is there a patch or something? I'm getting very low framerates and the cheats don't work.

FulValBot
  • FulValBot

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

on my vista gta2 it works, but i remember that on windows 98 second edition was very faster... and also on vista is faster. (as on multiplayer with fast speed selected -.-) frame limites is already enabled. how can i use gta2 with normal speed?

anobel
  • anobel

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

i have winxp home edition sp2.

i have the ripped version of gta2.

aftersometime, starting the game. like 20s.
the audio works fine and then then after 20s theres no audio.
????

carlits
  • carlits

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

hi, i have the low frame rate problem. i modify the registry and seemingly works good... but when you are driving fast in populated districts the game crashes.

there's a solution for this problem??? please reply, This is really troublesome!!

The_Cheese_Man
  • The_Cheese_Man

I love cheese

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I purchased the GTA complete pack on steam and while GTA 1 works, GTA 2 never starts up. I get the "Preparing to Launch Grand Theft Auto 2" message and then nothing happens? Can anyone help?

I am using Vista Ultimate, SP1.

ayaoldivo
  • ayaoldivo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hi,
im hoping if anyone could help me, i have the original cd for gta2 and im trying to copy it to my pc by making an image and mount it. the installation went fine but when i start to play it, it asks me to insert correct cd-rom.

i would really appreciate anyone's help here!

leper73
  • leper73

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

I'm on the Residential area (Rednecks & Scientists), and the game shuts down just as I complete the last mission in the game (the order I do it in, it's the final Redneck mission). As soon as the Job Complete screen appears, the game shuts down, and I get the "GTA2 has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. Anyone know what's causing that and how to fix it?

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:36 AM Edited by B-$hep, 02 April 2009 - 08:38 AM.

Did you use any cheating? GTA2 usually crashes if there is overflow or corrupted, invalid or damaged file.

I once made alot of money, probably it was over the limit and when tried to save, it crashed.
I lost all. I don't remember exact numbers but there where alot of nine's, almost 99999999

So i recommend you to check maybe you did too much money. I had exactly the same problem in Residential area. Too much money.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

Get GTA2 Working in Windows Server 2008

Not tested by me.

DosSantos
  • DosSantos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hey everyone.. I'm having this problem while running GTA2, I hope you guys can help me.

For some reason I can't make GTA2 work on my computer. (Or well, it works well for a while but then suddenly crashes)
I'm using windows 7.. The error that I get is the following:
"GTA2 main executable has stopped working". Really annoying cuz obviously it doesn't get saved or anything before it crashes.

What do I do? =/
Thanks in advance.

patw
  • patw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

can anyone help, please

i downloaded gta2 from rockstar site and i can not run game at all
it seems that i have to find autodetect and then run it, but i do not know what autodetect is or where can i find it

please help

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Run GTA2 Manager. There is no autodetect, that is a mistake.

Ultimate_CoF_Fan
  • Ultimate_CoF_Fan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:09 AM Edited by Sektor, 15 June 2011 - 10:21 PM.

I have an odd problem. I used a trainer.. once, I didn't turn anything on but now when I run people over theres blood and noone can kill or bust me.. Even without trainer running and restarting the game its the same.. tried reinstalling and still can't die. :|

edit: Clearing the GTA2 registry section will fix that or run GTA2 Manager, goto debug tab and untick the cheats that you don't want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users