Quantcast

» «
Photo

Working pool table at madd doggs mansion (as seperate mod)

3 replies to this topic
GroveStGTAV
  • GroveStGTAV

Admin

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

ans0EER.jpg

I want this one as seperate mod. Like cleo

Can someone find this for me?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 5 days ago

Pool tables need to be installed through a text IPL file. They won't function if added with cleo as SCM objects.

Also, if you install a pool table in Madd Dogg's crib you'll get a glitch similar to the basketball glitch - save too close and the pool player will never spawn again until the appropriate global variable is reset.

GroveStGTAV
  • GroveStGTAV

Admin

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by GroveStGTAV, 5 days ago.

Pool tables need to be installed through a text IPL file. They won't function if added with cleo as SCM objects.

Also, if you install a pool table in Madd Dogg's crib you'll get a glitch similar to the basketball glitch - save too close and the pool player will never spawn again until the appropriate global variable is reset.

So i should use main.scm instead of cleo for that right?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 5 days ago Edited by OrionSR, 5 days ago.

No. As far as I know, IPL is the only way to add a working pool table. Not many people mod their IPL files so you probably won't find many examples. Look for examples in the Data>Maps>Interiors> *.ipl files and see if you can find standard pool table example to work with. GTAModding has reference on the IPL format.

If you get it working then try saving and reloading. If the pool player refuses to spawn then the table is too close to the save disk. You may want to make a cleo script to reset $9462 to 0 when he gets glitched.

Make a backup of your maps folder before you edit anything, and then don't edit them if you can help it. Instead create a new file in your own folder under the Data folder and add a reference to your file in GTA.dat.

Below is my old IPL reference from when I learned to glitch the pool player. The coordinates are for the unused LA Big House, which had a disk from the queen's interior. The # marks the line as a comment; it caused problems so I disabled it, but kept the notes for reference.

inst
#2964, k_pooltablesm, 12, 2316.25, -1142.4, 1053.3, -1.87637009259e-06, -1.87637258215e-06, -0.707106312091, -0.707107250277, -1
#^saving with an active pool player will glitch him like a basketball $9462
end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users