Quantcast

» «
Photo

do agree griefing ceo players in gta online is out of hand?

151 replies to this topic

Poll: do you agree ceo griefers can get out of hand? (95 member(s) have cast votes)

has griefing gotten worse?

1. i get griefed a lot (17 votes [17.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

2. i sometimes get griedfed (42 votes [44.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.21%

3. i do the griefing / i never get gried (36 votes [37.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.89%

do agree r* needs to remove the ability to grief ceo player?

1. yes (31 votes [32.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.63%

2. no (50 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

3. what would us griefers do? (14 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago

^^ Hugh gets a bashing on this forum in general because of the way he expresses himself. He's not very articulate and comes across as a bit off-topic and out-of-touch, hardly ever receives and 'likes' and I feel a bit sorry for him. He plays the game just like everyone else but seems to come off worst in most scenarios. I wasn't focusing on specific people when I suggested people should stop bashing him. People are always looking for the weak link and, to be absolutely honest, Hugh needs to try a bit harder.

ok ok enough! Just when I thought you were out of smacks you somehow keep them coming. Reminds me of this scene in The Naked Gun!
third-hand-slap_o_697698.gif

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 5 days ago

hugh learn to get solo lobbies it's simple as that damn it

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago

(me saying f*ck)

No you didn't just say that! And you call yourself Canadian, eh? I'll pray to the Gods of Maple Syrop for you, you severely need to be smothered in sweet sweet maple love you angry angry man.

lol

A lot of us living in Hamilton are very, very hot-headed. We also swear like sailors. We don't get enough maple syrup here :/

Driving in Hamilton could turn a nun into Trevor...

• HARBUJAHN and PwnageSoldier like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRY HARDER LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GTAF_Crew

• Members
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

(me saying f*ck)

No you didn't just say that! And you call yourself Canadian, eh? I'll pray to the Gods of Maple Syrop for you, you severely need to be smothered in sweet sweet maple love you angry angry man.

lol

A lot of us living in Hamilton are very, very hot-headed. We also swear like sailors. We don't get enough maple syrup here :/

Driving in Hamilton could turn a nun into Trevor...

You wana try near me in birmingham oh gosh especially fridays lol 

• PwnageSoldier likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 5 days ago

l2lagswitch

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRY HARDER LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GTAF_Crew

• Members
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

l2lagswitch

Lagswitchers are a pathetic breed, worthless and scared, shame on them. PATHETIC 

• IamCourtney, PwnageSoldier and FukNRekd like this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

It's NOT GRIEFING OR TROLLING when the game explicitly tells you to blow up items being transported and hands out extra RP for killing other CEOs.

I fully understand that when I register as a CEO I immediately put a target on my back.
  • IamCourtney and FukNRekd like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 days ago

^ It is griefing. These people are not doing it for the cash or the RP, they are doing it to ruin your fun.
  • hugh750 and Sentinel Driver like this

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]

Posted 4 days ago

Let's face it - CEO activities were designed as the lowest common denominator in GTA Online - one that would encourage people to actually spend any time in public sessions, which previously were empty, pointless, but at the same time all of that would not require much work from R* to implement, contrary to heists or Lamar's lowrider missions. That's why CEO jobs are all so generic and often depend on the risk of encountering other hostile players instead of providing proper PvE experience. They are shallow ponds with little to no depth, and in the end of the day, that's what R* aims for. Lack of original depth is meant to be filled with involvement of other people. And that's a huge problem in the age of GTA Online's rampant infestation of cheaters who plague public sessions, as well as tryhards who just want to ruin others' experience, by all means necessary. The latter are a great, gullible demographic for R* to push new, overly expensive militarized vehicles and upgraded weapons - since if you want to stay on the top of the food chain, you need the best equipment. That, naturally requires budget, which can be acquired with Shark Cards purchases, in the long run being the best financial scenario for R*. Compare that to heists, for example - they won't earn R* real money, because they were designed to be played, to be enjoyable and provide entertainment. CEO activities on the other hand are meant to be competitive, to rely on PvP and necessity to upgrade, to spend your money on better equipment if you can't deal with aggressors.

Do I get griefed? No, and the reason is very simple - I don't waste my time gambling in public sessions, hoping I won't encounter any tryhards or cheaters. Instead, I do my CEO jobs exclusively in a solo public session, bacisally breaking R*'s intended cycle of forced PvP leading to more PvP. Yeah, it's pretty boring, because as I said, these activities were designed as the lowest common denominators gameplaywise, thus not featuring real scenarios or properly programmed AI, but at least I don't have to compromise my gaming experience.

Ideally, R* would allow us to do CEO jobs in invite only sessions - that'd be perfect, and I strongly advocated for this solution since the crate warehouses were introduced. But they won't do it, naturally, since it would decrease the demand for the newest, deadliest vehicles and weapons, which can be purchased with Shark Cards, because grinding in freeroam is risky and tedious.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Nutduster, 4 days ago.

^ It is griefing. These people are not doing it for the cash or the RP, they are doing it to ruin your fun.

If I beat you in Capture the Flag and it ruins your fun, did I grief you?

The shame of this is that we are quibbling over whether this stuff is griefing, and what griefing even means, while the real problem is not "griefers" but game design.  Rockstar intentionally set up a scenario where disruptors stand to gain next to nothing other than lulz, and the disrupted stand to lose everything - potentially millions of dollars representing probably hours of effort.  All the vast amounts of time we spend arguing about whether or not this is "griefing" is missing the real point, which is that GTA Online has been made into a machine that makes players angry, and there is no good explanation or rationalization for it other than the fact that paying one group of players very little to prevent another group of players from making anything at all is a good way to sell shark cards.

Next time you want to split hairs about griefing, regardless of which side you are on, please keep this in mind.  The semantics discussion is nothing but a distraction.

• Sentinel Driver and R3CON like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 days ago

Some people would still go after your cargo even if the game didn't tell you to destroy it..

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Some people would still go after your cargo even if the game didn't tell you to destroy it..

I'm sure they would, but in the grand scheme of things that should matter a lot less to you than the fact that Rockstar wants them to do it, pays them to do it, and actively tries to prevent you from playing in empty lobbies without those people.

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 days ago

I'm sure they would, but in the grand scheme of things that should matter a lot less to you than the fact that Rockstar wants them to do it, pays them to do it, and actively tries to prevent you from playing in empty lobbies without those people.
Of course they would, just like a lot of players don't go after other people's cargo even tho the game tells them to. I'm not arguing if it's bad game design or not but imo people are just as much to blame as the bad game design. I don't think 99% of the people going after others cargo do it because they get "payed" to do it
Of course R* have done this to make things more difficult but people are still free to decide if they want to be a ahole or not.
I've seen people say that they go after CEOs no matter if they're selling or not because they themselves expect to be a target as soon as they register as ceo, but the game don't tell you to go after CEOs just because they're Ceo

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Of course they would, just like a lot of players don't go after other people's cargo even tho the game tells them to. I'm not arguing if it's bad game design or not but imo people are just as much to blame as the bad game design.

Maybe, but what are you going to accomplish by complaining about basic human behavior? Lots of people are dicks, film at 11.  At least the developer can do something to curb these bad impulses - it's just that Rockstar chooses not to.  They cultivate them instead.

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 days ago Edited by kenmy13999, 4 days ago.

Spoiler
I wouldn't accomplish anything if I was complaining about basic human behaviour, what are you accomplishing by complaining about bad game design?
I at least agree that it's bad game design to tell players to go after other players cargo..

But you probably think I'm defending R* here because I'm a fanboii?

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Spoiler
I wouldn't accomplish anything if I was complaining about basic human behaviour, what are you accomplishing by complaining about bad game design?

Player complaints on a massive scale have changed the direction of many games just in the last few years.  It's definitely changed the direction of entire game franchises as well.  Sales speak louder than anything else, but no company wants their entire customer base throwing a giant years-long fit about something that's wrong with the product.

So yeah, I do think complaining about this stuff is constructive, as long as you keep calm, express your points intelligently, and make sure to get across your unhappiness and what you might do about it (that is, stop buying their games and spend your money on something else that is less agitating).  It's only been a few months since mass player complaints completely remade the new Battlefront game; I struggle to understand why people think we are helpless here.  Even a company as flippant and seemingly indifferent as Rockstar has to be mindful of the things that cause their customers the most pain.

On the other hand, I can guarantee that complaining - even all day, every day, as loud as possible - about griefing is accomplishing nothing at all as far as influencing player behavior on any noticeable scale.  Griefers simply do not give a sh*t what you think of their griefing.  The only purpose to complaining about it is to vent and make yourself feel a little better.  (That's an OK thing to do, too, but personally I have no interest in it.)

zero..kewl
  • zero..kewl

Keyboard Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

griefing exists in this game, playing the game as intended is not griefing...  the game literally tells you to steal/destroy other businesses product...

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 days ago

Spoiler

Player complaints on a massive scale have changed the direction of many games just in the last few years.  It's definitely changed the direction of entire game franchises as well.  Sales speak louder than anything else, but no company wants their entire customer base throwing a giant years-long fit about something that's wrong with the product.

So yeah, I do think complaining about this stuff is constructive, as long as you keep calm, express your points intelligently, and make sure to get across your unhappiness and what you might do about it (that is, stop buying their games and spend your money on something else that is less agitating).  It's only been a few months since mass player complaints completely remade the new Battlefront game; I struggle to understand why people think we are helpless here.  Even a company as flippant and seemingly indifferent as Rockstar has to be mindful of the things that cause their customers the most pain.

On the other hand, I can guarantee that complaining - even all day, every day, as loud as possible - about griefing is accomplishing nothing at all as far as influencing player behavior on any noticeable scale.  Griefers simply do not give a sh*t what you think of their griefing.  The only purpose to complaining about it is to vent and make yourself feel a little better.  (That's an OK thing to do, too, but personally I have no interest in it.)
Just to be clear, I'm actually not complaining about people's behaviour or the bad game design, it's what it is and I don't have a huuge problem with it, I just think it's wrong to blame everything on one thing when that's not the only thing that is the cause of the problem.

I see your point regarding EA and the Battlefront 2 mess but there are some major differences here, firstly EA and Dice is actually on social media and communicates with their playerbase so that shows that they care more about what their playerbase wants. Secondly a massive down vote with several 100.000 of down votes on reddit have a much more impact on their sales than what seems to be a drop in the ocean compared to how many copies gta have sold.
Let people complain about the griefing if that's what people want to complain about, in the end it's the same goal people actually are after. Trying to dictate how and what people should complain about won't get you that far either imo.
Ill try not to continue this any further because it's not going anywhere, I said what I wanted to say anyway

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 days ago

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's very mean and nasty place"

Yes, I get griefed a lot as a CEO player. But I grief back.

Rockstar won't change anything, they are very pleased with how things are going.

If you are not happy with the current situation, you can help other CEOs by defending them or distracting griefers from the CEO operations. It would be way more productive that b**ching about what R* should and should not do.

Hell you can even prevent some 3rd party cargo from being destroyed for $2K.  You don't have to be a God in order to fight these guys, the majority of such players are very bad at the game.

Crying is not an effective strategy to deal with things.

• Opzeker and kenmy13999 like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's very mean and nasty place"

Yes, I get griefed a lot as a CEO player. But I grief back.

Rockstar won't change anything, they are very pleased with how things are going.

If you are not happy with the current situation, you can help other CEOs by defending them or distracting griefers from the CEO operations. It would be way more productive that b**ching about what R* should and should not do.

You think saving a few crates in whatever random session you are in is more productive than pushing for potential large scale changes?  I disagree whole-heartedly.  And I reject your characterization of simple criticism as "crying."  You can choose to live with whatever sh*t sandwich you have been served, but you also have the choice to call it out for what it is; that's not weakness.

In my view, the absolute worst-case scenario is that A) they never change anything in this game for the better, then B) the next game is more of the same, in which case C) I don't buy it, and my money and time get spent on some other game that doesn't exist mainly to aggravate people.  That means a lot more to me than "saving" some random from losing one measly crate, one time.  You doing that is nice, but it's a tiny drop in an infinitely large bucket. 

For me, the best-case scenario is that eventually Rockstar actually LISTENS and modifies their game (maybe GTA VI/GTA Online 2) for the better.  But that is a slow outcome.  There is never a chance that we will complain today and get a complete reworking of the model tomorrow.  It's work.  It's effort.  And it requires not just accepting whatever they do as the permanent state of things (which strikes me as ridiculous, in a game that changes every three months almost like clockwork).

• R3CON and KWF1981 like this

OptimalShadez
  • OptimalShadez

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

GTA online isn't a hugbox. So deal with it.

Or people can just discuss it like they are doing it right now since everyone got the right to share their opinion.

I know, and my advice to them is...

Deal. With. It.

It's not an opinion, it's a dirty truth.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

We can deal with it and talk about changing it at the exact same time.  Not mutually exclusive concepts, fellas.  I am in here talking about it right now, but I play almost daily and I deal with it every single time I play, in one way or another.

• KWF1981 likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 days ago Edited by flexcreator, 4 days ago.

You think saving a few crates in whatever random session you are in is more productive than pushing for potential large scale changes?  I disagree whole-heartedly.  And I reject your characterization of simple criticism as "crying."  You can choose to live with whatever sh*t sandwich you have been served, but you also have the choice to call it out for what it is; that's not weakness.

Criticism should be constructive, not abstract. This particular thread will NOT change anything, I'm 100% sure about it. The OP is not the first and won't be the last. Stream/R* support forums are being bombarded by these complaints for years. Why waste time on something that doesn't have any impact? Saving a product have small, but very real impact.

Also, my sh*t sandwich is your sandwitch as well, as long as you continue to play this game :)

If you want an example of a constructive criticism, I highly advise to look at the Ghillies petition about the passive mode.  But still, his petition has chances, because this particular change doesn't directly affect the sharkcard sales.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I know what constructive criticism is, thank you.  I have plenty of ideas about how specifically free roam businesses could be improved, without even straying far from the existing model.  And there are threads for that, but I don't think this is one.  The OP asked a specific question, and we are answering it.  And if this is just one complaint thread in a vast ocean of them about this one specific thing, who knows, maybe it will eventually get Rockstar's attention.

Me, I just wonder what you get from asking people not to talk about things that are wrong with the game.  I understand that you think there's no point to it, but why are you actively trying to talk people out of doing it?  If it's not your thing, just don't click on the thread.  Personally I don't often go into these threads either because it's a very repetitive, circular conversation with very little specific impact on the game.  But at the same time, they do have a purpose.  They allow people to vent about very real, frustrating stuff; and they serve to continually remind anyone keeping an eye on this community that there are a few big problems that aren't going away on their own. 

• R3CON and KWF1981 like this

just do it bob1
  • just do it bob1

______________________GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

How is this topic not locked yet?

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

How is this topic not locked yet?

i guess it deals with griefers and how it's kind of gotten a little out of hand. :blink:

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Before I read further into the thread, I wasn't sure if the title referred to CEO players being griefed by others, or to CEO players abusing all of their unique abilities to grief others

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Before I read further into the thread, I wasn't sure if the title referred to CEO players being griefed by others, or to CEO players abusing all of their unique abilities to grief others

it usually seems to involve ceo or motorcycle club or even gun running.

i'm sure we've all been griefer victims.

POOL
  • POOL

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

When in doubt Lester yourself out

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Big Molio, 3 days ago.

That is the way the game has been set up though. We’ve been through this dozens of times, and although you disagree, I believe the freemode “work” gameplay was introduced solely to encourage PvP interaction in public lobbies. The PvE element of those jobs is basic and repetitive, and is just a token gesture toward mission variety. The intent always was that the players become the antagonists towards one another in freemode, and provide the gameplay. That’s why those radar icons on the map and messages on your phone appear inviting you to steal CEO cars or destroy gunrunning supplies for example. It’s pretty obvious.

What happened though, is that the higher payouts for this freemode play became the quickest way to amass money, and so any disruption of that got labelled as “griefing” by players who consider their right to do this unimpeded as sacrosanct. Okay, it isn't the most benevolent of games when you consider why it is set up this way, but that is the intent as far as I can see.

• IamCourtney, R3CON and BOOGIEMAN219 like this

7 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users