Quantcast

» «
Photo

do agree griefing ceo players in gta online is out of hand?

151 replies to this topic

Poll: do you agree ceo griefers can get out of hand? (95 member(s) have cast votes)

has griefing gotten worse?

1. i get griefed a lot (17 votes [17.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

2. i sometimes get griedfed (42 votes [44.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.21%

3. i do the griefing / i never get gried (36 votes [37.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.89%

do agree r* needs to remove the ability to grief ceo player?

1. yes (31 votes [32.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.63%

2. no (50 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

3. what would us griefers do? (14 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by hugh750, A week ago.

i know there's a bitch & thread, but seems like griefing has gotten worse recently with all of military grade weapons and vehicles in gtao.

even i was repeatedly griefed in 3 different sessions this morning even though i did manage to make over $1 million.

do agree griefing has gotten worse lately?

sorry about my typo in the poll, the second choice in the 1sst question was men't to say "griefed", i didn't catch it in time.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted A week ago Edited by Sanches, A week ago.

Boi, judging by your last posts you're taking it way too serious
The current Rockstar's vision on PvP is pure sh1t, but many people learned how to deal with it.

• We Are Ninja, hei3enberg, ZeroSafe and 6 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

How many more threads gon come out your fat mouth
  • gtafan26, El-Gaddafii, SmokesWithCigs and 7 others like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The current Rockstar's vision on PvP is pure sh1t, but many people learned how to deal with it.

i just find it annoying.

• saintsrow likes this

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Um

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago Edited by FukNRekd, A week ago.

Your 1st question and choices don't match.

Has griefing gotten worse should be yes or no. Getting griefed a lot is an entirely different subject and those answers do not belong under that question.

Griefing HAS gotten worse but I get griefed less now because I'm a better, smarter player now and don't give the opportunity to be griefed.
  • bombkangaroo likes this

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I don't get the question, is the whole team getting griefed or just the CEO?

i just find it annoying.
maybe try being annoyed without starting a thread. I know it's tough :)

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRY HARDER LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GTAF_Crew

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

If you sell or source in a public lobby you are asking and inviting trouble, rockstar encourage this and even reward players for doing so 

• PetrolCB, Talisman_83, KWF1981 and 4 others like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

tumblr_inline_mh6w3x4UQX1qz6f4b.gif

For better or worse (and I would say mostly worse), this is the game you sign up for every time you get into GTA Online.  If you don't like it, you really should have switched to some other game by now.  Rockstar has made their intentions quite clear, and their intentions are for players to hassle other players and stop you from earning at the rate you could if people would just leave you alone.

• saintsrow, IamCourtney, El-Gaddafii and 7 others like this

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Playa

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted A week ago

For the record, most people who grief in sessions currently are CEO. :whistle:

• ZeroSafe, Silencer555, kenmy13999 and 6 others like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

This thread is not going to end well... :(
  • PkUnzipper, Skeve613, R3CON and 6 others like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago Edited by Black-Dragon96, A week ago.

Db89bcdfbd088ce680e21d255263b766_should-

Yes it has gotten worse, mostly because of the ugly bike, the scrub mobile amd the boom sniper.
That being said, the amount of attacks has increased, yet the people behind these attacks somehow got worse. I mean, most of the attackers/tryhards/dipsh*ts on PC now need macros to be able to do their sniper dancing successfully or to quickly EWO/blow themself up when you take down their griefmobile.

Edit:
I can't really answer your poll. I mean I get attacked more often but I'm not the one who gets his a$$ kicked in the end. If someone trys to sniperdance I just get my khanjali and most of them imidiatly hit passive to get one of their grief mobiles, that I blow up before they can get in.
  • bombkangaroo likes this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

This is either going to get locked or turn to sh*t then get locked.

Can't answer the poll, I don't get griefed but I don't grief others and although I choose not to attack players making money and think R* should have made it much harder to target players doing business activities if players choose to try and make money in normal public sessions they know what to expect by now.

It's not like the ways to do sales in solo or controlled lobbies are huge secrets.
  • gtafan26, Silencer555, R3CON and 2 others like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Be smart or be a victim. I love griefers, I'd have given GTAO up ages ago without them to keep it interesting. The possibility of being griefed is an essential aspect of the free roam experience.
  • HARBUJAHN, We Are Ninja, R3CON and 3 others like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago

Is it possible to nominate this to a possible worst poll of the year award? Don't mean to insult you op but this poll is doll ;)
  • gtafan26, Lamborghini1335, IamCourtney and 1 other like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

You've just got to play carefully.

Look at the player list before you do anything; If face paint, body armor, rebreather wearing freaks with red eyes to match are in the lobby then it's your fault for starting sh*t.

I avoid doing stuff that they can lock onto, so GR and I/E are basically free to still do. And most mindlessly run around above my Box Truck not knowing it's underground lmao

There are ways around getting griefed.

The occasional player WILL come after you, mostly low levels who don't understand they're doing nothing. Or people just want to be dicks. Just avoid sessions with obvious tryhards in it and you'll be alright. If one gets in and starts something then don't do anything else, just leave and find a new session.

I play in public FR because I like the challenge when I'm doing work. But I won't deal with the side strafing virgins

• bombkangaroo, KazzMajol, dragosani00 and 1 other like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Man dude are you drunck
  • Ryancoke66 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by KWF1981, A week ago.

Sometimes/No.

They should allow us to choose our preference, but not remove the ability for many who enjoy playing a more aggressive game out there. Like anyone, I get some sh*t, but it's far less now I don't do businesses stuff, lol.

I do find it funny though dude. You kick and report folks for killing you. But you can go on a purge when you feel like it against some noobs, lol. Forum gold, IMHO.

• kenmy13999 likes this

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Um

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

Be smart or be a victim. I love griefers, I'd have given GTAO up ages ago without them to keep it interesting. The possibility of being griefed is an essential aspect of the free roam experience.

Liked then un-liked so I could like it again. :lol:
  • KazzMajol likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by hugh750, A week ago.

the griefers that attacked me where higher level players then me 400 - 600 (i'm a level 271).

but i've killed lower level players who've attacked me or got too close.

but admit i've also shot at other players for no reason. :lol:

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Is it possible to nominate this to a possible worst poll of the year award? Don't mean to insult you op but this poll is doll ;)

The "is my friend a tool?" one was just as bad though.
  • varulven, Silencer555, PetrolCB and 10 others like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago

The "is my friend a tool?" one was just as bad though.
Yes it was, you're absolutely right and I think that's why we should be able to nominate and vote on them ;)
  • Ryancoke66 likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Big Molio, A week ago.

Its got worse since that f*cking Deluxo launched. I shoot them down on sight now, because nobody flies that piece of sh*t with good intentions.

In my days as a lone saboteur player, I at least griefed in an honest manner. I was a noble griefer. The Deluxo has made me defect to the side of the kids getting hassled by the dickheads who use that thing.

I hate it.
  • FlacidJack, El-Gaddafii, Nutduster and 5 others like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If you sell or source in a public lobby you are asking and inviting trouble, rockstar encourage this and even reward players for doing so 

This.

There are ways of getting around this.

• HARBUJAHN, gtafan26 and KazzMajol like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • England

Posted A week ago

the griefers that attacked me where higher level players then me 400 - 600 (i'm a level 271).

but i've killed lower level players who've attacked me or got too close.

but admit i've also shot at other players for no reason. :lol:

IMHO, there's little difference between your rank and a 400-odd, but alas, not my point.

Swings and roundabouts as I see it. You, them, either way, GTA's made for that sh*t if you let it be so.

Not me, too rich to be a bitch, lol.

• JustCallMeNiko likes this

Dburger
  • Dburger

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by Dburger, A week ago.

because nobody flies that piece of sh*t with good intentions.

Complete and utter lies. I didn't spend $4.7m to be painted as a griefer who wants to ruin everyone's day. The Deluxo adds convenience to my GTAO experience, and to me at least, it's flat out cool. It's a shame that people use them to grief others, but not every single person who has one does. I'm not automatically a bad player because I own a Deluxo. To say that everyone who has a Deluxo uses their car to grief others is a flat out bullsh*t claim, no buts about it. 

I've never been griefed, but then again, I don't much like being a CEO or MC President. I've always been an Associate or whatever position a MC President wants me in. As for the "allow CEO work in private sessions" argument, I can see both sides of it. The game literally tells you to screw with other people's operations, but then again, it'd be far easier to make money in this new age were GTAO is such a grind if you could do those activities in private sessions. Due to all the talking about griefing I see here on GTAF, it's possible that it's gotten worse recently - but again - not everybody who has a Deluxo, Oppressor, Stromberg, or whatever is out to destroy you or your operation and therefore they shouldn't be labeled as such. 

• gtafan26, ash-274, fartypants and 2 others like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • England

Posted A week ago

@ dburger... Totally agree, me and my son love these toys in our own lil' world. But these things are known for the bad headlines they can create. Bad news always sells better, lol.

If I join a public in one of these toys, they attract pretty instant attention for how easily things get messy with one let loose out there in a more peaceful/respectful session.

• Dburger likes this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Its got worse since that f*cking Deluxo launched. I shoot them down on sight now, because nobody flies that piece of sh*t with good intentions.

In my days as a lone saboteur player, I at least griefed in an honest manner. I was a noble griefer. The Deluxo has made me defect to the side of the kids getting hassled by the dickheads who use that thing.

I hate it.

Seconded. Sometimes recently, all I do is fly around the lobby in an Akula off radar, waiting for someone to get in a Deluxo.  Then I get behind them as they're looking for someone to troll, and I troll them first.  Yesterday I absolutely demolished a few guys who kept calling in Deluxos and Oppressors over and over. 

• El-Gaddafii, MisFit-138, R3CON and 1 other like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

To everyone that says this, **** you all with a sideways crowbar.

I haven't fired so much as a spitball from mine from someone that didn't target me first.

Meanwhile I've been attacked without provocation from stealth Akulas and every other "legitimate" armed vehicle (with unlimited ammo).

It's a chill ride for Contact Missions and various VIP work where it takes some effort to complete with just 20 shots or when it's nice to let more time pass.

• gtafan26 likes this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Designer for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted A week ago

I've never been griefed as a CEO or MC President. Mainly because of the fact that I stick to invite only. The only time I really got griefed was back in 2013 when I had no clue what to do :lol:

There technically isn't anyway Rockstar can truely prevent griefing. They have already added the ghosting effect when killed multiple times by the same player, but even still, it can be exploited something chronic.
  • MisFit-138 likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Complete and utter lies. I didn't spend $4.7m to be painted as a griefer who wants to ruin everyone's day. The Deluxo adds convenience to my GTAO experience, and to me at least, it's flat out cool. It's a shame that people use them to grief others, but not every single person who has one does. I'm not automatically a bad player because I own a Deluxo. To say that everyone who has a Deluxo uses their car to grief others is a flat out bullsh*t claim, no buts about it.

Don’t fly it near me fella. I have a pathological hatred of them and shoot them down with either the Akula or the explosive sniper first, then ask questions later lol
  • bombkangaroo, Silencer555, R3CON and 1 other like this

7 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users