RAGE 2

39 replies to this topic
Doctor Holliday
  • Doctor Holliday

Deputy Marshal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Not terribly excited for this one. I'll give it a go eventually but as it stands, not a day-one purchase. Maybe it's the corny Andrew WK-style music for the trailer or the goofiness of it, not sure. Will have to play it to find out. Game-play could be quite fun. I kind of feel like it's not the game, it's me, I'm outside the demographic. I could picture my 15-year-old self really digging this. 

Did you play the original RAGE?

I don't remember people describing it as a childish game so I'm not sure why RAGE 2 would only appeal to your 15-year old self. For what it's worth, I don't put much stock in reveal trailers either. The gameplay and atmosphere will ultimately speak for itself, like it did with the first game.

If I had only watched trailers, I would have probably skipped the first RAGE because it sort of felt like a poor-man's Borderlands, but I was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong once I actually got my hands on it.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Online co-op would make this game a sleeper hit IMO. There's a big aching for a great, chaotic co-op game, Far Cry 5 could have had it but instead taught a lesson in how not to do co-op (no story/mission progression carried over) and Borderlands 3 is still MIA and seemingly delayed to next year at the earliest, if Take-Two's comments today are anything to go by.

• Tchuck and Actlikeyouknow like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl/Meh Queen

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Japan

Posted 6 days ago

Rage 2 will be a game as service thing......

Well sh*t...

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 6 days ago

Online co-op would make this game a sleeper hit IMO. There's a big aching for a great, chaotic co-op game, Far Cry 5 could have had it but instead taught a lesson in how not to do co-op (no story/mission progression carried over) and Borderlands 3 is still MIA and seemingly delayed to next year at the earliest, if Take-Two's comments today are anything to go by.

You speak the truth. If this game has some decent and interesting co-op online, it would be fantastic. Currently have a game group where we gather twice a week to play R6 Siege and Divinity 2. Would be awesome to get another great co-op to cycle in. 5 players online, at least!

• Jason and Actlikeyouknow like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Yea man this game screams co-op. It would sell a lot of people there and then on the game if they confirm it at E3, I know it would for me.

Rage 2 will be a game as service thing......

Well sh*t...

GaaS is a catch all term that simply means the game will be supported post launch. It is not an indication at all that it's gonna have lootboxes or microtransactions - single player DLC is also included when devs/pubs use the term. Of course, it could end up having microtransactions but Bethesda aren't one of the publishers known to be particularly bad when it comes to those (paid mods aside).

It's a publisher term used in conversation with shareholders, it shouldn't really be read into too much by fans cause it can mean a lot of things. That said, on the other hand, publishers could be a bit clearer about what exactly the post-launch stuff will be knowing the hoodoo and discussion around the phrase at the moment.

fashion
  • fashion

Do not be sorry. Be better.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 5 days ago

Gameplay looks fun enough. Praise the double jump. I do wonder how they'll handle the open world. Will it be something explorable like Fallout or will it be a collectible/activities borefest like old AC games?

If it just serves as a backdrop for the story and side missions and it's not that exciting to just explore, I'd be ok with that too although I'd wait if it costs like 20 euros or so.

PaeganLoveSong
  • PaeganLoveSong

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Count me in with the "gimme co-op" crowd. Even if a game comes out and my friends aren't interested, multiplayer is still a big factor in grabbing my attention and getting my money.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 5 days ago Edited by OurJud, 5 days ago.

It's the hecticness (is that a word?) and overall cartoony style that's putting me off. I like to have the choice to chill and explore at my leisure in first-person open-world games.

Also looks like 3rd person for vehicles, which is a big no-no for me.

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago

I had trouble with the sniping mission on the gate with the first one, the enemy kept going by to fast to snipe!..

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

didn't really like the first one, but the sec one kinda looks dope

like a mix of MM, Borderlands and doom

might give it a try

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users