Is GTA IV actually set in 2005?

35 replies to this topic
Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 5 days ago

Both TLaD and TBoGT were very likely planned from the start judging by the Impossible Trinity achievement. The content of the add-ons were changed, which is mostly visible in TBoGT , but the idea we will be playing as Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez was there from the very beginning.

• Mega likes this

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by southparkmayor, 3 days ago.

the presidential election, none of this is satirized or mentioned in the game if I remember correctly.

the elections were mentioned in the radio stations, there are also some campaign billboards for the fictional candidates John Hunter and Michael Graves

No that was for the gubernatorial election for governor. 

I personally think that GTA IV was supposed to be set in late 2007 judging by the initial release date and the in-game fall weather thats essentially like late September- early November in new york. The delay forced rockstar to edit all the stuff that had year as 2007 to 2008. 

AlexGambino150
  • AlexGambino150

Humble Beast

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 3 days ago

In the Paleto Score Heist in GTA V, if you choose Packie as a gunman he will mention that he wished he had this equipment 5 years ago which is a reference to the GTA IV mission Three Leaf Clover. GTA V is set in 2013 so GTA IV was set in 2008.

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 days ago

It seems that the developers wanted to take place the game in the year it was releasesd despite the game has the overall vipe of taking place earlier, would you agree with that? I found no vehicle yet, that suggests a later date than 2005.

lilchris131
  • lilchris131

I'm no player hater!?

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

One thing I don't think anyone else has pointed out; on the TV there is a commercial for the elections supporting John Hunter, they say Michael Graves has forgotten the "tragic events of a few years ago", which presumably refers to 9/11.

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

One thing I don't think anyone else has pointed out; on the TV there is a commercial for the elections supporting John Hunter, they say Michael Graves has forgotten the "tragic events of a few years ago", which presumably refers to 9/11.

But this are Governor elections, btw. in 2005 there was a mayoral election in New York.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users