Marvel vs. Capcom bombing and DC's Injustice doing well made me think that maybe it's time for Marvel to try their hand at a fighting game solely dedicated to the characters of Marvel. This is especially true since they've said they wanted to get back into the world of gaming. If they did that, what would you want to see out of an all-Marvel fighter?
- Draw from the comics, don't just plug for the MCU. I mean, that just makes for a very boring and uninspired game like MvCI. Just look at how terrible that game did and one of the common complaints was that the roster was horridly dull.
- On that note, include X-Men and FF characters. Since Marvel should be getting the film rights back soon, they won't have sh*t to use for leverage.
- Oh, and make sure to include left-field picks!
- Have a proper budget and development cycle, to make sure we don't end up with well, another MvCI situation.
- Get a talented developer. The one I'd like to see is Arc System Works, because they're on a roll lately.
- Have plenty of content to keep players coming back.
- Support it! Post-launch is important to make sure the game has a long life ahead.