Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why did CJ hide Denise from Sweet, Kendle and Cesar?

12 replies to this topic
Mark_Purayah_II
  • Mark_Purayah_II

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mark_Purayah_II, 2 weeks ago.

I have always wondered why CJ never got Denise to meet Sweet, Kendle and Cesar? I mean it could have been cool if she appeared in the end of "End Of The Line", when Ken, Maccer, Kent Paul and Madd Dogg appeared, and he then introduced her to the others. I mean she lives few meters away from Grove Street. I mean she knew CJ and Sweet as she recognized CJ in "Burning Desire"

In my opinion, there is no reason to hide her from them, I mean why wouldn't they accept her? Imagine if Denise and Kendle became BFF's XD

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Because it's in the scenario and Denise isn't a major character.

If CJ was real I would say he doesn't want his relatives to guess he works for the C.R.A.S.H given the way he met Denise Robinson.

GTA_CAT
  • GTA_CAT

One inconformist

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Andorra

Posted 2 weeks ago

After all the story line and its characters it would be too complicated to set up all the relations between them, the only reasonable way is to add mentions in the mission dialogues but that would make them more difficult to understand. I don't think it's necessary to develop that much character relations.

Another possibility is that CJ is asexual and never pay attention to his girlfriends so he can keep relationships without his friends and family noticing it. Sometimes I think he don't give a sh*t about his girlfriends.
  • lil weasel likes this

SpicyDragon
  • SpicyDragon

Elusive Amphibian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well the other girlfriends, Millie and Denise's random cameo appearances in some missions would complicate the story a bit.

Still would be funny though if CJ had dialogue with Denise when she randomly appeared in some missions

Mark_Purayah_II
  • Mark_Purayah_II

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mark_Purayah_II, 2 weeks ago.

Maybe I need to try DYOM but idk, I fear Cleo might crash my game, again. Because then you can actually make them all meet her :) But DYOM is not story related, nor will it affect the game.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Evil empire, 2 weeks ago.

CLEO v4 is reliable. I used to have frequent crashes with some older CLEO mods but with its latest version it's alright.

Playing some missions with Denise might be funny.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by lil weasel, 2 weeks ago.

In my opinion, there is no reason to hide her from them, I mean why wouldn't they accept her? Imagine if Denise and Kendle became BFF's XD

The culture is use'em and leave'em. He is not Hiding anything. Bringing them home to "meet the family" is something to do when marriage is in the offering. Carl shows no deep interest in any of them. Catalina included.

It would appear you are ignoring the Dialog, "Yup uh huh.."

Questions about Modifying the game, should be discussed in the Modding Forums, or the DYOM forums.
  • SmokesWithCigs, The Eddo and Am Shaegar like this

The Eddo
  • The Eddo

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

Because Denise can be killed at any given time when hanging out with her, and if she's dead, it would cause inconsistency in the missions where she would appear\be mentioned.

So that's why R* decided not to feature Denise in any other missions, simple as that.

• j7n likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

While the players never saw Denise meeting Sweet, etc. It doesn't automatically mean that CJ was hiding his relationship from Sweet. CJ was dating other girls as well. It is not something that I thought CJ was expecting a long term relationship like marriage.
Do you share your experiences about every girlfriend you met in life with your parents or cousins?
There's no indication in game through CJ's conversations with all the girlfriends (correct me, if I'm wrong) that he was serious about having a relationship with either of them. Denise could be said as his first crush or something like that. Maybe at the end, after completing the story, at some point CJ might have decided to settle down. So, it's possible that CJ wasn't hiding anything, just not important enough to talk about the girls at that point in the story.

• Sheriff
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted A week ago

I always assumed their relationship fell apart due to CJ being shipped off to the countryside. Regardless of progress, it is implied that CJ would do better than to return to LS, even though you can technically go back and forth between the two without so much as a second glance. As far as the story is concerned though, CJ has been evicted from the city and now must fill his time delivering farm equipment for paranoid hippies and playing second fiddle to a murderous Mexican woman.

Life went on for them both. CJ continued to date other women and Denise probably did the same. Who here can honestly say they continued to date women after the outfits and vehicles were unlocked?

SanLiberty
  • SanLiberty

Killing Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I lost count of how many times did you say ''I mean''....

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

After Burning Desire, it is up to you if you wanna go out with her or just leave her alone.

It wouldn't make sense if you broke up with her and then the next minute, she's introduced to Sweet/Kendl/Cesar and is back to being your GF.

• lil weasel likes this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't think Denise is really any of their business. CJ may as well let them know about all his other girlfriends. Like I said, that's none of their business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users