Photo

GTA Next's special feature.

17 replies to this topic
Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Domac, 2 weeks ago.

GTA III was the first 3D GTA.
GTA VC had planes, helicopters, more stuff, better weapons, etc.
GTA SA was way ahead of its time, it has three cities, countryside, lots of vehicles and weapons, etc.
GTA LCS, VCS and CTW were released on PSP, first LCS and VCS were first GTAs with official R* multiplayer.
GTA IV was the first HD GTA, new systems, Euphoria ragdoll, etc.
GTA V was the first GTA with three protagonists, massive map, lots of vehicles, DLCs, a completely new multiplayer system, etc.

So, what could be the next special thing/feature about GTA Next?
- maybe we will be able to ride animals?
- maybe we will be able to destroy big buildings and smaller ones like houses?
- maybe we will have an inventory system that's more advanced?
- maybe we will be able to be a cop?
But, to be honest I think it may be multiple GTA maps in one (e.g. Vice City and Las Venturas connected with a bridge or seperated by a desert, and overseas could be San Fierro with a surrounding countryside area.

What do YOU think, what will be special about the next GTA?

You never know what to expect from Rockstar.

If there's a similar post to this, don't bother moving moving this post to it, just lock this one and that's it.
  • MojoGamer likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Big Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

It will be the first GTA where Shark Cards completelly replace money.

• (Ambient) and zanesix like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 2 weeks ago.

It's really hard to think of something from a mechanical standpoint unless it has a completely different engine/physics. So I'm thinking it might be more story/narrative related like if the switching mechanic is retained one of the protagonists being female. Something just tells me R* have toyed with the idea at some point. It would be a risky thing to do with a singular protagonist game, but a female protagonist along side a male one (or more depending if R* expand on it) wouldn't be that unrealistic.

Also I'd love to see a muti-year/decade GTA where it starts off in the past and ends up in the present. 

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Becomes the first GTA to be heavily multiplayer focused title on release

OR

the first GTA with a lot of interactivity and complex systems to make the world truly come alive, not only in terms of gameplay but also from the story standpoint. Kinda hybrid RPG

OR

the first GTA with a female lead that I personally don't wish to become true.

That's all I could think of.

Rockstar are the masters of creating beautiful open worlds than coming up with something innovative or substantial game-changing ideas.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MojoGamer, 2 weeks ago.

Without a doubt, its going to feature a smoking hot female protagonist like Megan Fox's 2 characters TMNT's April O'Neil and Transformers's Mikaela Banes.

TommyTheMan
  • TommyTheMan

Crackhead

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Probably first GTA you can play in VR from start to finish.

luisniko
  • luisniko

*cue high-pitched sfx "Hooaaaaah! Yahhh!"

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The first GTA with 15 minutes first mission as the only single player content before the protagonists you just played with become NPCs and the game turns fully online after that, then you will see 'how to buy Cash Card' in the beginner tutorial.

TheGeneralZarbin
  • TheGeneralZarbin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I believe it looks as though Rockstar has listened to alot of the criticism about GTAV, regarding the lack of interiors. And from what they have said in interviews it looks like for the next red dead redemption that they are going to really focus on making sure there is plenty of interiors. So i imagine for the next GTA this will be a big thing aswell. 

Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The next GTA will probably include a female protagonist, which I don't know how to feel about. Sure, it will be new, but GTA V had lots of new stuff and it doesn't even feel like a GTA game now. Imagine the 12-year olds dressing up the female protagonist into only a bra and some panties, omg

What would be cool though is more interactivity with the world around you. By this I mean that you could so some minor stuff like turning the lights on or off, opening the garage with a button, being able to enter lots of houses with random interiors, opening house windows, being able to have a proper conversation with the pedestrians (similar to GTA:SA, but with some random outcomes), etc. Take a look at what Mafia II allowed you to do.

Also, maybe the character could actually go to prison if busted or wasted with a maximum wanted level. The player could escape prison and get a wanted level, or serve their sentence (5-20 minutes).

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 weeks ago

REALISTIC STEAK.
  • Algonquin Assassin and TheOneLibertonian like this

Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

REALISTIC STEAK.

What?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

REALISTIC STEAK.

What?

Anyone who wasn't on GTAF between 2007 and 2012 probably wont get it. Now I think of it since 4k is a thing I want my realistic steak and BBQ sauce with 4k resolution thanks.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Honestly, I always wanted GTA to go to a more RPG-esque dialogue system that affects choices and the way you tackle missions and side quests. I know that RDR 2 is going to have a similar feature, but I felt that GTA is in need of more ways to tell a story that can affect both the player's benefit and the in-game world. A Witcher 3 esque dialogue tree together with an expanded version of choices from IV and Heists from V would be a solid step forward from a storytelling standpoint for the series. Lastly it wouldn't hurt the replay value and it would make Single Player less stagnant as well.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

manana500
  • manana500

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I agree with TommyTheMan: perhaps Virtual Reality (VR) integration?

Or perhaps leading a 'crew' or gang from the outset / early on in the game?

tsto
  • tsto

Connoisseur of sorts...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

GTA Online 2 - massive multiplayer open world bigger than ever before with real-time changes to the economy, and to the landscape based on players' decisions and the chaos they bring. Destructible environments, NPC interactivity similar to what RDR2 is doing but also for online, and over 50 players in a session. I'm just talking outta my ass at this point.

.Smaher.
  • .Smaher.

Mr. Triangle Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I believe it looks as though Rockstar has listened to alot of the criticism about GTAV, regarding the lack of interiors. And from what they have said in interviews it looks like for the next red dead redemption that they are going to really focus on making sure there is plenty of interiors. So i imagine for the next GTA this will be a big thing aswell. 

You got links to where they said this about RDR2?

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Being a pure MMORPG video game without the story mode whatsoever.

Thefames
  • Thefames

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Thefames, 4 days ago.

New and Advanced Rockstar Games Range Engine 

New AI system

AI will be more clever in combat system

More Organic gameplay

Authetic intreractions with gameworld and NPC

innovation of gameplay aspects will change with more interacting with game world with talking with every NPC in game

Every area of the game will feel different and unique identity

Dynamic events or Random events will be on another level 

Construction site around game world  will be finish overtime in gameworld

Evolving real time game world such real progression of time 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users