Quantcast

» «
Photo

Next confirmed open-world first-person game on console?

26 replies to this topic
OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

You may ask why I don't just search the interweb for the answer, but I have and the answer isn't as easy to come by as you may think. For that reason I'm asking here.

Does anyone know of any confirmed (or even rumoured) first-person, open world games coming to console in the near future? I own Far Cry 5, for what it's worth.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

Red Dead Redemption II

Crackdown 3 (Xbox one exclusive)

Spiderman (PS4 exclusive)

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by OurJud, 3 weeks ago.

Red Dead Redemption II

Thanks, but the second two both appear to be third-person (unless they have first-person option), and as far as I know, no first-person view has been confirmed for RDR2.

fashion
  • fashion

Do not be sorry. Be better.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Walking Dead (2018)

Not much info yet, but it's a solo/coop open world experience. I could swear I heard it was FPS but I can't find any sauce anymore. Might be worth looking into.

However, it's zombies. Some people are sick and tired of zombies so I'm not sure if it's your kind of thing.
  • OurJud likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

Red Dead Redemption II

Thanks, but the second two both appear to be third-person (unless they have first-person option), and as far as I know, no first-person view has been confirmed for RDR2.
My bad misread the title

I think Anthem is open world
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by OurJud, 3 weeks ago.

The Walking Dead (2018)

Not much info yet, but it's a solo/coop open world experience. I could swear I heard it was FPS but I can't find any sauce anymore. Might be worth looking into.

However, it's zombies. Some people are sick and tired of zombies so I'm not sure if it's your kind of thing.

Thanks.

I don't mind them, so long as it's done well. I'll take a look.

My bad misread the title

I think Anthem is open world

Thanks. I'll look that up, too.

There doesn't appear to me much in the near future that will be catering for my tastes. I'm not really interested in all this sci-fi / fantasy stuff. Much prefer my first-person games with grit and realism.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 3 weeks ago

You should give Prey a try.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not really interested in all this sci-fi / fantasy stuff. Much prefer my first-person games with grit and realism.

:)

Turan
  • Turan

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Metro:Exodus

Did you play Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

• OurJud likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not really interested in all this sci-fi / fantasy stuff. Much prefer my first-person games with grit and realism.

:)

Prey is one of the most imersive sims I've ever played. If you've played Deus Ex you'll love Prey.
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Prey is one of the most imersive sims I've ever played. If you've played Deus Ex you'll love Prey.

What makes it a sim? Not sure if we're talking about the same game but when I do a search for gameplay it comes up with a very generic looking FPS set in space.

purevil101
  • purevil101

Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Afghanistan

Posted 3 weeks ago

H1z1 is coming to the ps4 (freeplay)

• OurJud and Tigereyesxx like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Ännu en dag, ännu ett slag, i betongens krävande skugga

• Sheriff
  • European-Union
  • Best Poster in Debates 2017
    Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 3 weeks ago

What makes it a sim? Not sure if we're talking about the same game but when I do a search for gameplay it comes up with a very generic looking FPS set in space.
RPG elements, coherent and largely open plan world, non-linear narrative and karma system that changes gameplay to suit the player's decisions. Basically a homage to System Shock which is granddad of the Immersive Sim genre.

It's fantastic, FWIW- hugely engrossing and spooky as sh*t. There's nothing "generic" about it and the slightly clumsy gun play is possibly the worst aspect of the whole title. Much less "generic" than FC5.
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by OurJud, A week ago.

Metro:Exodus

Did you play Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

I'm still excited about Metro: Exodus, but it seems the open-world aspect is not open-world in the true sense. I read a quote from one of the developers stating there will be levels with areas much larger than normal, which encourage exploration, but it is far from open-world in the sense we know it.

I'll go look up KC:D, as I've never played it.

Thanks.

ETA: Meh, KC: D looks a bit clumsy and amateurish. Is it a Kickstarter or something? I'm guessing you can't turn all the HUD crap off, and I really don't like the hands bobbing in and out of view as he walks - very cheesy.

H1z1 is coming to the ps4 (freeplay)

I thought this idea had long since been ditched?

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I only like open World games myself ,linear just bores me, for example Hitman, you as the protaganist can virtually do whatever you want, this is exhilarating...

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

There doesn't appear to me much in the near future that will be catering for my tastes. I'm not really interested in all this sci-fi / fantasy stuff. Much prefer my first-person games with grit and realism.

what games have you been playing that that aren't "fantasy stuff" ?

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

what games have you been playing that that aren't "fantasy stuff" ?

I suspect this is a loaded question, and that you'll go on to explain that every computer game, by its very nature, is 'fantasy' :D

If that's the case, then I need to explain I'm talking about fantasy as a specific genre.

Regardless, the first-person, open world games I've enjoyed over the years include the Far Cry series, GTA V, Fallout 4.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

not loaded, just curious to see at what point you start labeling them as fantasy. i would call fallout fantasy

on topic: you can join the rest of us and wait for mount and blade 2 :)

• OurJud likes this

purevil101
  • purevil101

Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Afghanistan

Posted A week ago Edited by purevil101, A week ago.

The closed beta has started

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

not loaded, just curious to see at what point you start labeling them as fantasy. i would call fallout fantasy

on topic: you can join the rest of us and wait for mount and blade 2 :)

Mmm, not sure that's my thing from the looks of it. Again, fantasy.

The closed beta has started

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

Oh, well there you go. I'd given up hope on this. Unfortunately I'm guessing I'll need a PS+ account to play this, yes? As I don't bother with online gaming I never bothered to renew when my 3 month freebie - that came with the console - ran out.

I was hoping it would have an offline campaign, but I guess not?

trip
  • trip

😺

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

RPG elements, coherent and largely open plan world, non-linear narrative and karma system that changes gameplay to suit the player's decisions. Basically a homage to System Shock which is granddad of the Immersive Sim genre.
It's fantastic, FWIW- hugely engrossing and spooky as sh*t. There's nothing "generic" about it and the slightly clumsy gun play is possibly the worst aspect of the whole title. Much less "generic" than FC5.

It didn't get a bit samey for ya'll? That is my only complaint. Still a great game. Loved the setting and atmosphere.

purevil101
  • purevil101

Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Afghanistan

Posted A week ago Edited by purevil101, A week ago.

Oh, well there you go. I'd given up hope on this. Unfortunately I'm guessing I'll need a PS+ account to play this, yes? As I don't bother with online gaming I never bothered to renew when my 3 month freebie - that came with the console - ran out.

I was hoping it would have an offline campaign, but I guess not?

If it's like fortnite you don't need ps+.

I was going to PM you this code. But I feel it won't be appreciated as h1z1 is online only. As far as i know.

Enjoy

https://imgur.com/a/kuibBff

https://www.h1z1.com...esting-schedule

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago

Thanks very much, @purevil101. I appreciate the gesture but will let someone else take advantage. I really don't enjoy online gaming.

fashion
  • fashion

Do not be sorry. Be better.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 6 days ago

Hey purevil, thanks for the gesture as well. I wanted to grab it or check if it's already redeemed but it says that it's not for my region. I tried redeemimg it on an US and Dutch (EU) account. I also have a couple more accounts, could you tell me for which region it is?

But either way, I'm not dying to play it or anything. You guys are welcome to grab it before me if you figure out the region. Thanks a lot though.

purevil101
  • purevil101

Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Afghanistan

Posted 6 days ago

I'm in England, UK. 

purevil101
  • purevil101

Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Afghanistan

Posted 3 days ago

No Mans Sky Next looks interesting with multiplayer .   I may renew my PS+ membership to grief fellow explorers.

It's being released for Xbox One in July.   I assume the Next update will roll out for PS4, PC around the same time.   

https://twitter.com/...423250677235712

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 days ago

I'm just here to say Prey is f*cking bananas and everyone should experience it at least once. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users