Quantcast

» «
Photo

When do you think GTA 6 would have come out?

25 replies to this topic
DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

Due to GTA Online's success, the release of GTA 6 is being delayed.

So I thought, when do you think GTA 6 would have come out if GTA Online wasn't so successful?

• SanLiberty likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Sheriff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

...removed the silly posts, let's try this again :p

Personally I'd go with late '19; RDR2 might have been released a couple years earlier and would give a neat 6-year gap between V and VI with ample breathing space around RDR2.
  • EVOLUT7ON, MojoGamer, jaljax and 4 others like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Personally I'd go with late '19; RDR2 might have been released a couple years earlier and would give a neat 6-year gap between V and VI with ample breathing space around RDR2.

Totally agree with your opinion on when it would've released.

Like many others have said "There would've been news on a next installment if it wasn't for GTA Online being so successful"

SanLiberty
  • SanLiberty

Killing Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

2018-2019

• EVOLUT7ON and MojoGamer like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Big Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Pretty much this, an announcement in mid-late 2017, a trailer in late 2017-early 2018, a second trailer by the end of 2018, a 3rd by early 2019 with an announcement on release date, a 4th or gameplay trailer by mid-2019 and the release.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 3 weeks ago.

2017 would have been perfect the 20th anniversary of GTA 1997-2017.

Now maybe 2019 at the earliest if they announce it after RDR2 comes out or 2020.

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

"So long-a-Bowser!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jack Lupino, 3 weeks ago.

early 2017-First trailer like gta 5 in 2011

late 2017-Second trailer launch with release date set to spring 2018/RDR 2 release

-release date postponed to fall of 2018
:r*:

-delayed a little and GTA VI released on xbox one/x and ps4/pro in November,2018.
PC version coming spring 2019 like gta 5 on 2015.

-Rockstar also brings gta 4 10th Anniversary edition to next gen consoles

-Spring 2019 :GTA VI PC launch worldwide

korhan332
  • korhan332

Peon

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

in my opinion they will release it in 2020 because gta 5is  a huge success right now and they will continue to bring update at least 1 year thats mean 2019, the year gta online dies (why I Sayed that because its already dying you can see, and they don't bring updates forever they will finish it after 1 year in my opinion)  after couples updates to rdr2 they release trailer for gta 6 in 2020 and release gta 6 in late 2020's
'

• MojoGamer likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MojoGamer, 2 weeks ago.

There is already a Pinned Topic for this, c'mon now.

Its called "When to expect GTA VI", please don't copy topics.

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

There is already a Pinned Topic for this, c'mon now.
Its called "When to expect GTA VI", please don't copy topics.

Dont start an argument here, I already had this topics comments removed by the mods due to someone starting a similar argument.

I said when WOULD have GTA 6 come out if GTA Online wasnt so successful, not when to expect GTA 6.

Next time, read carefully before you comment.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

​  Don't critize me for an argument, I'm not them.

​ There isn't an major difference between both topics, since they both expect when it would've release with or without online's success.

​ Its kind of tedious to continue this topic, since your ripping his posted topic. *No pun intended*

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

​  Don't critize me for an argument, I'm not them.

​ There isn't an major difference between both topics, since they both expect when it would've release with or without online's success.

​ Its kind of tedious to continue this topic, since your ripping his posted topic. *No pun intended*

This topic is not the same as the 'When to expect GTA VI' topic. That topic discusses when GTA VI would be released in the future while this topic talks about when GTA VI could've came out in the past had GTA Online not been as successful.

How is it tedious to continue this topic? I literally just said that (the post before this one) this topic greatly differs from the one about speculating the release of GTA VI.

I see you didn't read my 3rd point:

Next time, read carefully before you comment.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MojoGamer, 2 weeks ago.

Please stop criticizing me!

Anyways GTA 6 would have not been released before 2020.

Rockstargames is not a every year trend video gaming selling company and they take their time creating games. They wouldn't have released another gta game just yet, since they take longer to develop a gta game and delay their games to develop it even better.

I wouldn't rush to conclusions to say it would have been released already if it wasn't for online's success.

The game its self is still an award winning game and it still doesn't feel tedious that they havnlt announced gta next yet.

The President of Rockstargames said they release gta's every 5-6 years.

Sure 5 years has passed, making there be a possibly that gta 6 would of been released by now. But R* delays game left and right, so wouldn't expect a release window in the past    

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

It'll take a long time. I recently read about Online will still continue getting more support for another couple of years. Rockstar seems to be undecided about the next GTA.
It's really a long wait maybe, another 4 to 5 years till we get to see or know about the game.
  • Official General likes this

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

same year as half life 3

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

same year as half life 3

This is so far the most accurate comment sadly

• Am Shaegar likes this

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

2020-2021. 

• MojoGamer likes this

TheGeneralZarbin
  • TheGeneralZarbin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would assume that alongside the online distraction also that all the delays with red dead redemption 2 has also contributed to the next GTA taking longer than usual. 

If it wasn't for these things i would of expected a 2018-2019 release for the next GTA. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

*cue high-pitched sfx "Hooaaaaah! Yahhh!"

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by luisniko, 2 weeks ago.

If RDR2 turned out to not have Online, then probably by late 2019 or early 2020. If it does, then probably teaser trailer by mid 2019, gone MIA until 2021 while they are jerking off to Shark Card-equivalent of RDR2's, then resurface again on 2021, topped with delay until early 2022, then receive half support because the actual game is supposed to be released on mid 2023 for PS5, Xbox Something, and PC.

And I really hope it's set in Vice City and has female protagonist (the last female protagonists were in GTA1; I'd like to see R*'s take on it in 3D world), switchable or not. Those are the only thing that would give me a breath of something fresh in yet-another betrayal story GTA that gets more linear and slower, especially with all the Online stuff.

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

-2019 rdr2 PC
-2020 announcement
- 2021 release if it dont get delayed

interfreak
  • interfreak

Thug

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

2021 at the earliest.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has apparently involved all studios within Rockstar Games, and has been in solid development for eight years.

https://rockstarinte...-2-consolidate/

GTA VI would obviously be in development as well, but probably just in terms of the story (voice acting, motion capture perhaps) and setting and possibly some early map work etc. Now that production on RDR2 is winding, up all resources can be poured into completing GTA VI instead.

2021 would be the eighth anniversary of GTA V (and Online).

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

2021 would be the eighth anniversary of GTA V (and Online).

I'll rather have GTA 8 be released in 2021 instead of GTA 6.  :lol:​ 

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 2 weeks ago.

It'll take a long time. I recently read about Online will still continue getting more support for another couple of years. Rockstar seems to be undecided about the next GTA.
It's really a long wait maybe, another 4 to 5 years till we get to see or know about the game.

Yeah my same thoughts. They are still milking Online and beating a dead horse, but only in creativity only, they are still making a killing financially off it. I don't really think they know what they wanna do, keep making more money doing the same bullsh*t or start to develop a new GTA - they are not sure. 

Either way it will still be another 2 years at least before we even hear of a new GTA, and that's only after RDR2 has been released. 

McAgent
  • McAgent

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

September 2013: GTA V Original Release
November 2014: GTA V Enhanced Release

Early 2016: Bully 2
Late 2017: RDR 2
Late 2020/Early 2021: GTA VI

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

If Rockstar was anything like they used to be and if the times were different, we'd probably already have GTA VI. But instead, they seem to be dragging out Online for as long as possible, and Red Dead 2 is also taking up a lot more development time and resources. I don't think we'll see another GTA until after 2020. Heck, it wouldn't even surprise me if there was no new GTA until 2023 (10 years after V).

mrpotsworth
  • mrpotsworth

GTA Livery in GT Sport

• Members
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

It all comes down to how well RDR Online does... hopefully this doesn't turn into the next cash cow as I don't like western films so i'm not even hyped about the game 

If it doesn't do that well first trailer fall 2019 and maybe 2 years of hype building screenshots and trailers and then delay then release fall 2021

And if the game breaks record sales and microtransactions go through the roof then god help us lol 

Another thing Rockstar may want to sell the game on both PS4 Pro Xbox One X and next gen 1 years later so when ever PS5 comes that's when GTA VI is here 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users