6 replies to this topic
Lockharte
  • Lockharte

bloob

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hi, guys.

As somebody know, Russians also have DYOM community. We have 4 groups in VKontakte social network.

You can ask your questions in this topic.

Because, you know, I thought that Americans would like to know, what happens in Russian community.

• spyderblack66 likes this

spyderblack66
  • spyderblack66

recreating gta stories missions and sounds

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by spyderblack66, 2 weeks ago.

https://libertycity....na-russkom.html

dyom v8.1 russian language 

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

How would you compare the effort and thought put into mission/storypacks of the Russian dyom community as to that of the gtaforums dyom community? When I began there were guys like Jimmy Leopard, Jackal, Matatatta, LnD, etc that created elaborate story based missions that took time to develop. A lot like BK90s, who I have a lot of respect for. Who are the innovators in the Russian DYOM community?

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia
  • 2017-2018 GTAForums Premier League Predictions -Bronze

Posted 2 weeks ago

Who are the innovators in the Russian DYOM community?

Santal and Tandem Untitled, for sure. they broke the boundaries of your common storytelling and designing to bring some of the best projects to the community, while also recognizing the fact that you don't need umpteen missions to tell a story - most of Santal's mission packs, for example, have less than 8 missions in them. also, the themes in their missions are very well thought out, and the stories they tell are insane (in a good way)

if you look at something a bit more grounded, Altermann should be among those names, at least for me. his projects are thrilling and exciting, and he almost singlehandedly gave a second life to the action genre which has been plagued by amateurs for years

Several other people brought new ideas to the table, like 'quick-time events' or efficient use of scripts in their missions

• Platinum Card likes this

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've always enjoyed Santal missions that you translated. I felt like he possessed a unique form of story telling. I think I'll check out work from Tandem.

Lockharte
  • Lockharte

bloob

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted A week ago

Hi, Satourn! You abandoned your YouTube channel, I see...

Santal is Russian DYOM veteran

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia
  • 2017-2018 GTAForums Premier League Predictions -Bronze

Posted A week ago

Hi, Satourn! You abandoned your YouTube channel, I see...

Santal is Russian DYOM veteran

yea, sadly, although I do mean to return to making videos at some point. maybe even this Summer

mind if I ask what is your nickname in Russian community?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users