Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which execution in Grand Theft Auto IV you liked the most?

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Which execution in Grand Theft Auto IV you liked the most? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one?

1. Dardan Petrela (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Vladmir Glebov (23 votes [46.94%])

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

3. Mikhail Faustin (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

4. Ivan Bytchkov (1 votes [2.04%])

5. Tom Goldberg (3 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

6. Teddy Benavidez (1 votes [2.04%])

7. Aiden O'Malley (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Darko Brevic (12 votes [24.49%])

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

9. Dimitri Rascalov (8 votes [16.33%])

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

10. Dwayne Forge (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Let's go bowling.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Penguin Bob, 3 weeks ago.

*i have left out some executions because some of them are generic* My favorite execution in my opinion is Vlad's. I just love it when Niko shoot him in his head point blank and then blood squirt out...

• Arrows to Athens, Mr_Rager, AreWomanMadeFromSand? and 1 other like this

The Rockstar Gamer 108
  • The Rockstar Gamer 108

Desperado - Legend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Cutscenewise, it is Vlad's execution in UNCLE VLAD mission of GTA IV. The Cutscene after it looks great, especially at nights in game. Niko explains Roman about his past, pointing his doubts towards Bernie and Darko.

Ray Bulgarins execution in TBOGT is great too. Luis jumps after from the plane after it's explosion.
  • AreWomanMadeFromSand? and Penguin Bob like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 3 weeks ago.

It's hard to choose between Vlad and Darko so I just chose both. "Uncle Vlad" is still one of my favourite missions and the first time I played it I was shocked by how raw and visceral it was given that GTA IV broke aware from the cartoon/silliness of the 3D era where the gore always looked kind of stupid. Of course by today's standards it's tame, but I'll never forget my first experience and you know what they say about first impressions.

Darko's execution had a similar impact. I thought maybe Niko would've just shot him in the head, but the fact it's drawn out with Darko gasping after every bullet is fired into him makes it brutal and strangely beautiful poetic justice. 

• Tycek, AreWomanMadeFromSand?, TheOriginalGunslinger and 1 other like this

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Voted for Vlad - as The American Army 1775 said, the cutscene not only looks great, but has some strong narrative backstory. When it comes to targets you can spare, I usually do, and I never killed Darko during my 4 or so playthroughs. I've felt pity for the guy, death would be an easy way out of his misery, and Niko, on the other hand, would gain nothing from killing him. It wouldn't even deserve to be called revenge.

So yeah, Vlad it is.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

Darko, overkill ftw.
  • Penguin Bob likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's hard to choose between Vlad and Darko so I just chose both. "Uncle Vlad" is still one of my favourite missions and the first time I played it I was shocked by how raw and visceral it was given that GTA IV broke aware from the cartoon/silliness of the 3D era where the gore always looked kind of stupid. Of course by today's standards it's tame, but I'll never forget my first experience and you know what they say about first impressions.

Darko's execution had a similar impact. I thought maybe Niko would've just shot him in the head, but the fact it's drawn out with Darko gasping after every bullet is fired into him makes it brutal and strangely beautiful poetic justice. 

It's actually Niko who grunts after firing a shot :p

OT: I voted for Dimitri's execution simply because it feels incredibly badass, kneecaping the motherf*cker and then shooting him in the head with one hand. I like to do the executions with a Desert Eagle.

• Algonquin Assassin and Penguin Bob like this

Copcaller
  • Copcaller

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Dimitri cause God did it feel satisfying to finally kill him
  • Jeansowaty and Penguin Bob like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 3 weeks ago.

Probably not the most badass one but I really like the Faustin one. Niko shooting him and him falling over the roof with the distant thunderstorm really sets the mood in that moment. Did Niko want to do it? Probably not? This moment showed Dimitri's true colors in my opinion.

The Master and the Molotov is such a good atmospheric mission. Cloudy and rainy, shootout in the building, shootout in that little alleyway in the back with it all headed up to the roof with the Niko and Faustin confrontation ending it all.
  • Penguin Bob and oClucker like this

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by RetroMystic, 3 weeks ago.

I wouldn't choose it personally because it's not how I do my playthroughs, but Darko's execution is so well done. Super intense, you can really feel Niko's anger. The build-up and subsequently the 12 bullets for all of Niko's lost friends was the perfect way to "execute" the scene.

• theGTAking101, HigorSM and Penguin Bob like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Dimitri and Goldberg.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Voted for Vlad but not gonna lie, Goldbergs murder was hilarious. I beat Goldberg up with a baseball bat lmao
  • ElMattineu likes this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 3 weeks ago.

I wouldn't choose it personally because it's not how I do my playthroughs, but Darko's execution is so well done. Super intense, you can really feel Niko's anger. The build-up and subsequently the 12 bullets for all of Niko's lost friends was the perfect way to "execute" the scene.

https://www.youtube....h?v=rlhrdXoQ_k4

I've always wondered... Where does Darko go if you spared him? He runs off but I wonder where he'd go? Perhaps live the dumpster diving life in Algonquin or another run down area of the city?
  • RetroMystic and ElMattineu like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've always wondered... Where does Darko go if you spared him? He runs off but I wonder where he'd go? Perhaps live the dumpster diving life in Algonquin or another run down area of the city?

I believe he would kill himself soon after that. Perhaps he'd run under the wheels of a car or jump from a height.

• TheOriginalGunslinger likes this

robotman5
  • robotman5

PS3/PC Gamer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Vlad's

• Penguin Bob likes this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I liked the Ivan execution, pretty cold way to kill someone.

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

Clarence pissed me off. 

I spared his sorry ass and then see him on the streets later on.

He then proceeds to start shooting at me.

F*ck you Clarence.

That's why his execution is my favourite.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Although not an execution carried out by Niko, Ive never laughed so hard in a death scene (considering that its usually not a laughing matter) more than when Elizabeta murdered Manny Escuela and Jay Hamilton the cameraman.

Open up, its the streets! - Manny not too long before his organs were being harvested by Niko
  • Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101 and Penguin Bob like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 2 weeks ago.

Although not an execution carried out by Niko, Ive never laughed so hard in a death scene (considering that its usually not a laughing matter) more than when Elizabeta murdered Manny Escuela and Jay Hamilton the cameraman.
Open up, its the streets! - Manny not too long before his organs were being harvested by Niko

I was just about to say this lol, but you beat me to it. I didn't like Manny very much, but that was a pretty awful way to go.

Also when Faustin kills Andrei. With most of the executions you kind of know something's about to go down, but Andrei was killed in cold blood literally for no reason other than to exhibit Faustin's volatile and unpredictable nature. I mean he was only in the game for not even 5 minutes and I felt bad for the guy.

• Journey_95, theGTAking101, Jeansowaty and 3 others like this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm really torn between Vlad's and Dimitri's. Vlad's is so simplistically brutal and had so many long term story implications that I initially felt like voting for him. It helps that it's also the first one in the game that we see and the great cutscene that follows it adds a lot of gravity to the situation of what just happened. Yet Dimitri's is incredibly cathartic for the player and it also is the major role in setting the stage for the ending that you get, an ending that's one of my favorites in any video game story, so I decided to go with that one.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Teddy got it good. I love the way he helplessly frails around to his death after you shoot him off the roof.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Domac
  • Domac

Snitch

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Domac, 2 weeks ago.

Darko Brevic because Niko then shoots him 7 or 9 times as revenge for the 7 or 9 of Niko's friends' murders he was responsible for.

But my favourite one in all GTAs was killing Brian Jeremy in TLaD with this song playing in the background:
Go to 19:40
  • Femme Fatale and Penguin Bob like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Where's Playboy X? I liked the most Vlad's execution. His predeath rant was funniest. In Vlad's case I never felt sorrow after killing him. This bastard deserved to die.

• Penguin Bob likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Like many others have said, I liked Vlad's. I liked his monologue as well as the slow motion animation of him falling to his death. The Algonquin skyline in the background was the icing on the cake.

I liked Darko's as well. Even though I always spare him, you can notice all the anger built up inside of Niko and it's nice to see him let it all out. I liked the touch of him getting shot once for every squad member he had killed.

Also, special shoutout to Mikhail Faustin - I enjoyed his monologue, especially knowing that he was right about Dimitri all along.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Let's go bowling.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Where's Playboy X? 

It seemed like a generic execution so I didn't really add it. Sorry. 

SanLiberty
  • SanLiberty

Killing Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I like Darko's execution, and Dimitri's only because in that execution Niko kills someone i really hated.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Last Breath

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr_Rager, A week ago.

Just wanted to use this thread to comment on how odd executing Cherise feels. Niko justifies it in such a disgusting way too, saying she'd do anything to get out of it. It's not like she killed somebody, I know we're hard on thots out here but god damn Niko, that's cold. The only feeling I can compare it to is when you play as a bad guy in RDR, turning Marston into an asshole, breaks immersion between the cutscenes and gameplay.

Speaking of Cherise, Dwayne's execution is kinda badass. He just says f*ck it lol. It's actually a pretty powerful moment. Niko can't even look.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Penguin Bob like this

Ohhh123r
  • Ohhh123r

*Cornette Face*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Execution in GTA IV I liked most is Vlad and Darko, nuff said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users