*Advice* Building New Gaming PC

6 replies to this topic
Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ai家Cob家, 3 weeks ago.

I am building a new gaming PC and could use some advice so far this is what I have picked out - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mz8j29

I need some advice on what Power Supply I need for this build and if you have any advice or would change anything that I've already selected feel free to let me know what you would change and what you would put in it's place or if you would like do your own pcpicker profile and show it to me.

My budget is around $1,500 but I could go a little more but no part can cost more than $350 by itself except for CPU & Graphic card those two I can go around $400 on.

I found a local PC store that has an i7 Intel CPU for $299 hoping it'll still be on sale on Thursday so I can get it

Finished

f130d1af8b9682a84297408aa7029b96.png

e3a6f1e1e970d60ad4213964fd6f6f80.png

• Azazel likes this

Noale
  • Noale

Got baguettes?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Maybe this is just me, but I don't bother with network cards or sound cards anymore.

Unless you use that DVD/CD writer a lot, you could just get an external one powered by USB. That's what I did, and I just bust it out whenever I have software that is on a CD. This way, the drive itself isn't stuck in the PC. I can just plug it into any of the computers in the house and not have a CD/DVD writer on each one.

• Azazel likes this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Andreaz1, 3 weeks ago.

My suggestion: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kzn8J8

Throw in a case you like and and you'll end up at around $1500. Just make sure if you are going to stick with that Noctua cooler that whatever case you choose can fit it, it is huge.

You could splurge a bit on the GPU if you want a model that is a bit quieter, I chose the cheapest 1060 available. Also as above, no need to buy separate network and audio gear. I'd also skip a DVD drive but if you want one, again make sure the case you choose actually has space for one.

If you are going to build the PC yourself, buy the Retail version of Windows 10 and not the OEM version. They cost the same and that way you'll be safe from any possible headache in the future.
  • Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Mexico
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah I was gonna say 1060 instead of 1050Ti and going 16GB for RAM. Andreaz1's list is good  :^:

• K^2 likes this

yojc
  • yojc

2A03

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

You're going to overclock the CPU, right?

I found a local PC store that has an i7 Intel CPU for $299 hoping it'll still be on sale on Thursday so I can get it

Which i7 is it precisely? Only i7-8700k 8700 and 8700T will (officially) work with this mobo.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ai家Cob家, 3 weeks ago.

You're going to overclock the CPU, right?

Which i7 is it precisely? Only i7-8700k 8700 and 8700T will (officially) work with this mobo.

Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHz LGA 1151 Boxed Processor

http://www.microcent...Boxed_Processor

As for the Graphic Card, I do plan on going with the 1060 but for some reason PCParkPicker didn't have 1060's listed so I just selected a 1050 for now the Graphic card will be the last thing I buy as I can only spend around $400 per month on parts so I plan on buying as many parts as I can at once and leaving the big priced items until the end unless the i7 is still on sale when I get paid if so I'll buy that right away

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 3 weeks ago.

if its really the 8700k then go for it, its a great discount, but the pricing looks a bit strange 499$  when its costs 340$

edit: the new lian li PC011 is a good looking case for 120$

Spoiler
  • Audi likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users