Photo

Downgrading the music patch through Steam

8 replies to this topic
MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MrEWhite, 2 weeks ago.

To downgrade, make note of the location for your Steam.exe

Then, paste "steam://nav/console" into your browser. This will open the Steam console.

To downgrade GTA IV, paste "download_depot 12210 12211 4406763129603688303" into the console and hit enter.

To downgrade EFLC, paste "download_depot 12220 12221 9113424693229214791" into the console and hit enter.

If you go to Library > Downloads, you'll see download activity, but no progress. This is intended, just let it download until "Current" hits 0 KB/s.

I have noticed that the download might start slow. If this happens, just wait a few minutes.

Then, the content of the previous version will be in the folders here (in relation to Steam.exe).

steamapps/content/app_12210/app_12210 (GTA IV)

steamapps/content/app_12220/app_12221 (EFLC)

Move the content of these folders into their respective game folder and you should be good to go!

• Claude_Lib, Gravarty, CartmanKusanagi and 3 others like this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

For me it just downloaded files that were updated back on November 2016, not the older versions of those which were updated today. So no original radio unless one has the game backed up.

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MrEWhite, 3 weeks ago.

For me it just downloaded files that were updated back on November 2016, not the older versions of those which were updated today. So no original radio unless one has the game backed up.

EDIT: Read below.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Claude_Lib, 3 weeks ago.

Oops, indeed, sorry, turned out it just needed more time, not mentioning that the progress was much harder to track without any visual indication. So it downloads not only the updated files, but the whole depot, nice.
I wonder now if that'll allow me to download the older version of Mafia, from before the soundtrack was butchered, if I buy the game now.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is a pretty interesting thing actually. Would be great if someone made an app that would fetch the depots for a game and show them on a timeline. And then when you select the date it would either make Steam download those versions of all (or selected by checkboxes) depots that were active at that moment or maybe output the commands into a txt file for the end user to paste into the Steam console input field. You know anyone who does commissions? I'd actually pay for such an app.
  • CartmanKusanagi likes this

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MrEWhite, 3 weeks ago.

This is a pretty interesting thing actually. Would be great if someone made an app that would fetch the depots for a game and show them on a timeline. And then when you select the date it would either make Steam download those versions of all (or selected by checkboxes) depots that were active at that moment or maybe output the commands into a txt file for the end user to paste into the Steam console input field. You know anyone who does commissions? I'd actually pay for such an app.

SteamDB should tell you all the required info to downgrade properly.

MeatSafeMurderer
  • MeatSafeMurderer

Republic of Kekistan

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MeatSafeMurderer, 3 weeks ago.

You can save downloading the entirety of IV again and only the changed files by adding a delta manifest. Then you just copy the downloaded files into your IV folder. This works both directions, from any one version to any other version.
For the files needed to downgrade to the unmolested 1.0.8.0 just use this:
download_depot 12210 12211 4406763129603688303 6345365364346988350
The second ID is the delta manifest. I used this the other day to downgrade to 1.0.7.0 too. Unfortunately SteamDB doesn't have depot manifests for any lower versions listed so that's as far as you can go.
  • BlackScout and The7thOne like this

step2ice
  • step2ice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

You can save downloading the entirety of IV again and only the changed files by adding a delta manifest. 

I'd like to save on the whole download and get the mentioned files only. Could you give me the exact step by step process to get the soundtrack back for both games (GTA4 and EOLC)?

Thanks in advance.

zanesix
  • zanesix

Stupid Malaka

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd like to save on the whole download and get the mentioned files only. Could you give me the exact step by step process to get the soundtrack back for both games (GTA4 and EOLC)?

Thanks in advance.

http://gtaforums.com...dio-downgrader/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users