I was thinking what Rockstar really want to do and I came up with their "end game",
A fully fleshed out fictional version of the United States that is purely online and is VR enabled for the next-gen consoles.
I'm going to list it out.
- Ability to create your character from scratch with various voice actors to represent your voice in-game defined by race.
- VR-enabled and online, meaning you would be playing in a 4k High Resolution universe which would be connected to a server.
- Here's the kicker, featuring mutiple cities from new cities such as Capital City to Vice City to LIberty City, New Alderney, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Los Santos and many others - each server would be City or State defined.
- You could begin like this - if you pay money you could begin as a player with some cash to get started, say you join the Liberty City server there you come across the Gambetti crime family... And you find out it is ran by a Rockstar employee. Yep. Every head of every criminal organization and gang that is canon are ran by Rockstar's own gaming division.
- The story would be controlled by them and there you would have the ability to become a Cop or Criminal. You could begin as a Cop and possibly go undercover or you could rise up to become a FIB or IAA agent.
- The point is - the story would basically be controlled by Rockstar and you would be the star of it.
- Imagine being initiated by Varrio Los Aztecas by being jumped in by the head of the street gang who would be a Rockstar employee, you are in the gang then you are busted. Now, you are in Prison and there you find out there's a whole other world going on inside prison.
- Gangs in prisons are also led by Rockstar employees with their own unique characters and the story is all up to you guys - cut scenes and cinematics would be initiated where you would hear employees playing as Bosses to kill a snitch.
- Or you rise up through the Mob, became a Made guy and find out that your Crime Family is ran by an elderly don played by a Rockstar employee.
- What would this mean? A revolutionary way to tell a story.
- The point of the game is to basically earn money and either become a "somebody" or a "nobody"
- I would become a freelance hitman (by the way deaths are permanent) and there would be deathmatch servers but for the Official City servers they would ALL have their own City wide stories going on.
- Imagine setting up a major gun deal between two sets of Criminal Organizations like the Aryans and the Mexicano Mob for guns and cocaine - the deal has been given to you by a Shot Caller from Prison. The deal goes well and you earn respect - the Employee entrusts you are you are given more. To the point where they give you power over your own crew.
- But what about deaths? So deaths or being shot - will only put you into Hospital. Permanent deaths would be decided by the Rockstar Employees and the Rockstar Employees only. They are the only ones who are given a loose script of where to take the story resulting in an epic ending for every single Cop and Criminal in GTA.
- One of my favourite scenerios would be working for a Mob, the Don has told me to whack a good friend of mine (another player) and this would be a permanent death, as a passenger I turn the gun on him and shoot him in the head and his death is quite cinematic. Meanwhile, I find out that my friend the whole time was wearing a wire so I am bombarded by the players who have joined the FIB and am sent to Prison - after a month in there (which would be about five years), I become close to a Shot Caller and find out that those who are in Prison have more control of the Streets. They are able to sneak me out to do hit jobs and return to my cell that night.