Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Trevor be considered the worst GTA character ever created?

56 replies to this topic
MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Lets get this sh*t straight, if he didnt kill J.K, he would be considered one of the best and most charismatic characters of all the saga

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Let's go bowling.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

No. But he is considered the most overrated character.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Lets get this sh*t straight, if he didnt kill J.K, he would be considered one of the best and most charismatic characters of all the saga

Not by all GTA players he would.

I don't like the pointless and totally unfitting way Johnny was killed, but initially it didn't bother me as much. It was Trevor's bickering and antics powered by personality disorder that put the sand in my gears. I wanted to like him at first, but further into the game he became just a liability. His idiotic switching mechanics (waking up at the end of the map guaranteeing 10 minute trip to the nearest road while looking at his dangling hose or constant intoxication which lead to many pointless cop chases) combined with already mentioned problems with grey matter, made me hate him. Only reason why I didn't kill him in my second playthrough was McKenzie airport missions and Oscar Guzman.

• Algonquin Assassin and ThatBenGuy like this

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Trevor is either a character you love or hate. I'll say that he is the most fun to play as and does provide some fun comic relief, though I can understand how his schtick would get old for some people real fast.

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

@Bully2Info @RedDead2Info

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think he is one of the best. He was definitely the most fun to play and actually had an interesting story to his character.

• ChiroVette and Vertighost like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think Trevor is the most brilliant GTA character, hes deffo my favorite. I liked that he got rid of that Johnny clown. As someone before me said  - he fits the madness of the GTA5 universe perfectly. Come on now - we spend our time in this game running over people, shooting them in the face and beating them with bats after all ahaa! 

All three characters have brilliant voice acting so full props to the voice actors. I like the other 2 characters also. 

Why is Johnny a clown?

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Why is Johnny a clown?

Because he is.

lol Seriously, some people consider Trevor a clown, or Michael and/or Franklin. I am playing through the Episodes now, starting with TLaD, and I can kind of see how Johnny is a clown. So far, the guy has like zero personality. Not just because I hate IV, either. I am just not feeling the guy's almost deadpan demeanor most of the time. Add to that the fact that he turned into a drug-addled cockold in Blaine County and was stomped out by Trevor, and I can kind of see why some people might consider Johnny a clown.

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

No he shouldn't. Trevor is a badass, loyal, and funny. Dude gives no f*cks. Off-topic but I really wanted to see what Trevor and Johnny's relationship was before GTA V. I can see Trevor rolling his eyes as Johnny is telling his past glories lol.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

He is too cartoony to take seriously but still overall an entertaining character imho. think he gets too much hate on these forums

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

I wonder how it would be like to use Adblock in real life

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

Everybody, how can you like that ugly twat? He is ugly

Dude, you're playing as him in a videogame, not dating him.
Niko, The Forgettable! :r*: :r*:

Uhm. I know that, but nobody would ever play as an ugly character. Niko and johnny where much better characters. Niko was awesome, thought it would suck if he will get killed in GTA 6.

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by VictorVance1239, 2 weeks ago.

Trevor definitely the most globally unlikable from what I've seen over the years of this games existence. Should have been made the final villain that starts out as your friend imo.

oh cool. people are still posting hate threads about gta 5. thats funny. i mean seriously. the game has been out nearly 5 years and people still keep hating on this game. but to answer the question. no he is not the worst character of the series. in fact he is one of my favorites.

No info on a new game so there's not much else for the offline GTA fanbase to talk about.

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

I wonder how it would be like to use Adblock in real life

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

Trevor definitely the most globally unlikable from what I've seen over the years of this games existence. Should have been made the final villain that starts out as your friend imo.

Finnaly someone understands the truth!

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by VictorVance1239, 2 weeks ago.

Everybody, how can you like that ugly twat? He is ugly

Dude, you're playing as him in a videogame, not dating him.
Niko, The Forgettable! :r*: :r*:

Uhm. I know that, but nobody would ever play as an ugly character. Niko and johnny where much better characters. Niko was awesome, thought it would suck if he will get killed in GTA 6.

Super Mario isn't exactly the handsomest character ever yet no one ever complained about that. They just play the game. I don't think it's any different with GTA. Definitely not for me anyway.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ChiroVette, 2 weeks ago.

You know, I was going to say that Niko was the WORST character in the history of the franchise. But then I remembered that I started playing the Episodes last week just to see what they were all about. I started with TLaD. After shooting all the dumb birds, getting far enough to open up the bike races and the gang wars, completing all 50 gang and all the races easily enough, then I got bored and stopped playing. I now realize that Niko may not be the worst GTA protagonist. Johnny K actually is worse, more boring, with almost zero personality. More on topic, Niko may not be as bad, deadpan, and lackluster as Johnny K, but he is definitely a close second!

Trevor, on the other hand, is arguably the single best, or at least one of the best, GTA protagonists.

Not only because of Ogg's stellar performance, but because he is written, timed, and juxtaposed with Franklin and Michael so well. Hopefully GTA 6 will see Niko get the same treatment as Johnny K received in Mr Phillips.

On a side note, I did take the time to apply the music restoring mod that George Castanza posted, so I will try my best to summon the will to at least soldier through TLaD.

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hope Mr Phillips gets that treatment instead. To each their own. For me Johnny had great character. He had a vision to turn the Lost into a biker gang that made smarter choices but Billy just wanted the do the same old gun blazing crap. Him and Trevor would probably get along. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I hope Mr Phillips gets that treatment instead. To each their own. For me Johnny had great character. He had a vision to turn the Lost into a biker gang that made smarter choices but Billy just wanted the do the same old gun blazing crap. Him and Trevor would probably get along.

The writing wasn't bad. It just feels really cliche a lot of the time. For instance, I think a show like Sons of Anarchy really nails the biker theme and was incredibly enjoyable. Maybe its more the voice actor that played Johnny that irks me. But some of the dialog in TLaD is decent enough. Its just from a narrative standpoint the story feels forced and stilted a lot of the time. Like I said, maybe its the voice actor(s).

MDNA
  • MDNA

Trick

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Franklin is soooo much worse than Trevor.
  • Journey_95 likes this

.Smaher.
  • .Smaher.

Mr. Triangle Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lol, no.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

Umm...Ending A.

.Smaher.
  • .Smaher.

Mr. Triangle Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Killing Trevor =/= killing final villain. Its just a mission where you end up killing your friend out of circumstance.

eCola
  • eCola

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

No, of course not. I pray to Trevor every night

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's a bit of a stretch to say he's the absolute worst character in the entire series, but he was more interesting as a concept than in practice IMO. He'd be much higher up for me atleast if he was treated less of a circus side show comedy act and more of a genuine psychopath that makes people fear him. A bit like Vaas from Far Cry 3.

He has his moments sure however like Tycek I wanted to like him, but every time I just end up being irritated and only switch to him if I absolutely have to. I appreciate the idea just not the execution.

• Tycek, gunziness, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Definitely not. I think Trevor's character was the most authentic and original (after CJ) in the series so far. Most protagonists are total rip-offs of some movie characters, or lack the authenticity that is required to make them more credible. Trevor certainly doesn't come across as a total rip-off. I have read about him from the Housers and what inspired them into creating a character like Trevor.

I find this write up very interesting to understand about him in more details.

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Umm...Ending A.

I know all about all 3 endings. I'm saying I'd rather he'd been a NPC contact up until a certain point where he becomes the villain and you kill him in the end similarly. 

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Every character has its flaw but option C is my only choice.
No way would I let some annoying piece of scum like devo or haines dictate my choices.
Hes annoying, sure but Devo was a selfish ass who never paid up. Run here, run there like a loyal dog that gets no bone in the end!
Trevor saved Lamars ass for Frank, Mike who didnt have saved Lamars ass for Frank when F needed his frirnds to help, loyalty doesnt run any deeper than that.

Just my 2 cents.
  • ChiroVette and Journey_95 like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 2 weeks ago

Plus he killed Johnny.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! HE KILLED JOHNNY!!!! WHAT DO I DO???//

Trevor's character is meh... but he brings up the destructive, kill everything on sight, Twisted Metal style in me. And I usually play GTA as a smooth driver that tries not to run over people and obey traffic laws when not in a mission. Such style is displayed here:

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, history, politics, and firearms lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I’m in full agreement with Tycek and Algonquin Assassin about Trevor. There were times where I wanted to like him or give him a second chance but he still later on down the road managed to screw it up and ruin it for me. Do I think he’s the worst GTA character ever? No. Even though he killed Johnny Klebitz, which was totally a douchebag move in my honest opinion, considering he initially provoked Johnny, there are still characters I dislike more. Mostly within GTA V though.
  • Algonquin Assassin and eCola like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users