Video games with the best sound design

8 replies to this topic
OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Sound design is one of the most important aspects of a video game in my opinion. It can really help with the immersion in making you believe that you're really there in that world. I think the original Dead Space has the most impressive sound design I've heard in a video game before. Take a listen at this short 1 minute video and then imagine hearing those noises for several hours straight. Chills you straight to the bone...

• Mr. Scratch likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 4 weeks ago

Seeing as Dead Space is basically Alien in third person I feel like this deserves a mention as well. There's atmosphere and then there's this.

• Ivan1997GTA and Noale like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Elite Dangerous.
  • Official GTAF Crew likes this

Ruin
  • Ruin

☿️️

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Battlefield series. Sound design is probably their best feature.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Noale
  • Noale

Got baguettes?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Seeing as Dead Space is basically Alien in third person I feel like this deserves a mention as well. There's atmosphere and then there's this.

I've barely even started Alien Isolation and both sight and sound in it is amazing.

The absolute minimal UI and the atmosphere just makes it feel like you're playing a movie, rather than a game. Actually part of the reason I've barely started Alien is because it convinced me to buy a larger 4K TV just to play it on. Now that I've got it hooked up, I can finally continue a more immersive experience. :lol:

Official GTAF Crew
  • Official GTAF Crew

Home Team

• GTAF Crew
  • Burkina-Faso

Posted 4 weeks ago

Elite Dangerous.

Came in to say this.

• JON22 likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl/Meh Queen

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Japan

Posted 4 weeks ago

gow

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

dough a deer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Last of Us excelled at this. I recall themes were played far more sporadically which really gave breadth to the isolationism you were thrust in, in it's bleak world.

The noises and bustle of the city substituted for the reclamation of nature with the comforting yet simultaneously unnerving silence interrupted by gunshots ringing out and intermittent powerful scores - which would cease as you found yourself in close quarter fights really emphasising the brutish tones; the crunching sound of a plank repeatedly thrusting against a foe's skull or shotgun shells turning an enemies leg into mush. 

In the games more human interactions we heard Gustavo's familiar guitar strum out. Heavier plucking highlighting darker tones and more delicate picking, the lighter ones.

This variety in sound gave us a world which promises to wear you down but also gave way to rare but welcoming glimmers of hope.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 4 weeks ago

This one was pretty cool. Makes you connect with the character you play as, as he's living in his own hell with the voices in his head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users