Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should the Orbital Cannon be removed?

158 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove it or Keep it (194 member(s) have cast votes)

Orbital Cannon

1. Keep it (65 votes [33.51%])

Percentage of vote: 33.51%

2. Try to balance it (32 votes [16.49%])

Percentage of vote: 16.49%

3. Remove it (97 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by MeisterJazz, 5 days ago.

Ok so in the last update Rockstar added the Orbital Cannon. A weapon of massive trollstruction to the likes we've never seen besides modders and all the other crazy sh*t in GTA of course :bored:  However pretty recently there's been a glitch that allows players to constantly use the orbital cannon with no cooldown. In my opinion this is obviously horrible given that people will obviously abuse it to the max there by just completely making any lobby unmanageable. Once again though in my personal opinion I believe that it should be removed completely from the game since it just seems so overpowered and unbalanced. Wha are you guys thoughts? 

• alkaline_ and Happy Hunter like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 5 days ago

Try to balanace. I think that in addition to the cooldown timer, it should double in price to use it, resetting after a real-life week.
  • Chrome Toyota Prius and Killer Whale like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 5 days ago

Double the price to use it? wtf man :p it's almost a million already. I can't see any reason it should be more than 50k to kill a person once.

• DylRicho and Jammsbro like this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Double the price to use it? wtf man :p it's almost a million already. I can't see any reason it should be more than 50k to kill a person once.

Honestly I want it removed all together. Especially since there's a glitch that allows it to be used infinitely without 0 cooldown. 

• gtafan26, -KM-, Arrows to Athens and 5 others like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Sinister Chipmunk

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 5 days ago

Honestly I want it removed all together. Especially since there's a glitch that allows it to be used infinitely without 0 cooldown. 

Not in the same lobby though, unless you rejoin via an invite from a friend. It's not like they can just boom boom boom all day long.

• Ker Juice likes this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Not in the same lobby though, unless you rejoin via an invite from a friend. It's not like they can just boom boom boom all day long.

I only agree with half of this statement. While yes they have to rejoin I disagree with them not being able to boom boom all day long. They pretty much can if they want to.

• Silencer555, irish.chr and KWF1981 like this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 5 days ago

Problem isn't really that it just kills a player, though. I haven't fallen victim to it yet but from what I know it also destroys whatever vehicle you're in and that would include any vehicle containing precious stock that you're trying to sell, no? IMHO, it should cost more than what the player loses to blow them up then. They also had to put in time, money or both to get that stuff.

But about that and the poll, I found a third option. I removed myself from most public sessions.

• R3CON likes this

Rykjeklut
  • Rykjeklut

Thug

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 5 days ago

Are they really that big of a problem? I'm passive all the time when I'm not alone, but still. I rarely if ever see the popup for someone being killed with it
  • HARBUJAHN, MeisterJazz, Ker Juice and 1 other like this

coffeemug
  • coffeemug

Law Abiding Citizen

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 5 days ago

i think it's perfectly balanced as it is. if someone thinks they need to spend 750k to kill me, i take that as a compliment.

i very rarely see orbital cannon shots in sessions though, so it doesnt really strike me as a problem.

• IamCourtney, bulldog385, Silencer555 and 4 others like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 days ago

Get that thing out of the game. Its nothing but a trolling tool for salty tryhards with tons of scriptkid cash.
  • Lc gta, FlacidJack, Arrows to Athens and 10 others like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRY HARDER LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Members
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

Are they really that big of a problem? I'm passive all the time when I'm not alone, but still. I rarely if ever see the popup for someone being killed with it

It can be if you leave yourself open too it 

• Talisman_83, KWF1981 and Happy Hunter like this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 5 days ago Edited by nido997, 5 days ago.

yeah I´d rather remove it .... usually I´m welcoming every new addition to the game , but this is a pure Troll tool IMO , despite its price+cooldown ( but really R* , you know that so many ppl have Billions of modded money :D ,so money ain´t a problem for them).

Plus if you got hit by it , you can do absolutely NOTHING about it ... talking about balance :D

• gtafan26, Silencer555, R3CON and 3 others like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

Remove it.

This and research are the 2 worst things added. Though, as this is yet to be an issue for me personally. Research is still my number one disliked addition. That just hampered my natural game more than this has. But seen folks bombarded by this and lobbies turn to sh*t quickly because of it too. Pathetic stuff really, as one time, some nut job was thinking he was good at the game with it, lol.

What an embarrassment!

• gtafan26, joel15cat, -KM- and 7 others like this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

It really is man. Maybe you missed it but there's a glitch that allows it to be used over and over again. R will most likely patch it but unfortunately knowing how persistent and annoying trolls in online can be there'll be another way for them to get unlimited orbital cannon shots within the week of it being patched. 

• Silencer555, irish.chr, KWF1981 and 2 others like this

Randoom.
  • Randoom.

i have no soul

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Randoom., 5 days ago.

Honestly, it's pretty funny to see someone obliterated, I just can't help but laugh at it, even if I'm the victim. I've seen it used plenty of times (PC..).

If you're worried about your freemode grinding...idk what to say to you...it's been ruined long before DDH. I've been doing all my work with my crew in solo public sessions ever since crates came out.

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Event 2017

Posted 5 days ago Edited by R3CON, 5 days ago.

Remove it. We don't need an instant kill button at any price.
  • gtafan26, Commander S, alkaline_ and 8 others like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • European-Union

Posted 5 days ago

Should never have been added. One of the most ill conceived additions to the game.

There absolutely shouldn't be a one button auto kill even when accompanied by the price tag it has. I'm poor at ground PvP, but I shouldn't be able to teleport away from someone and make use of my 9 figure bank balance to f*ck them over. Sales/supply/heist prep vehicles should be immune.

Most of us know counters to it like MOC and Avenger or go passive/heist teleport if we see someone make a beeline for their Facility, but Orbital Cannon really shouldn't be a thing.

It's a lazy, money draining, troll tool.
  • HARBUJAHN, joel15cat, -KM- and 11 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 5 days ago

Of course it should be removed lol. Though it never will be. I don't think they've removed any weapons - only nerfed them into uselessness, or added other things that make them pointless.

It's not as much of a problem as I figured it might be, since off radar takes away the auto-lock option, and by the time I'm back on the radar I'm in an Avenger/MOC, just waiting to waste their money. Invariably glitched money, but meh, it's still a kill denied.

That said it has no place in the game to be honest. Drones would've been a better idea. Since, you know - at least they could miss, be shot down, etc. And even those would've been really annoying. Maybe RC vehicles should've been the most similar thing we got to this. A tiny little helicopter dropping bombs, Vice City style.

• Coranub, HARBUJAHN, gtafan26 and 16 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 5 days ago

It shouldn't be here in the first place. Not in any of it possible variations.

• Archangel0934, Suzuki Azure Vulpine, alkaline_ and 8 others like this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 5 days ago Edited by joel15cat, 5 days ago.

Remove it.

Or:
Increase the price.
Remove autoaim.
Solve the glitch:shoot, leave the lobby, return and shoot again (without countdown and losing money).
Warn that someone is using it.
Add protection ($$$) against orbital shoots.
  • HARBUJAHN, -KM-, MeisterJazz and 4 others like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by StangOne50, 5 days ago.

Ive had plenty of fun with the cannon but it should be removed and everyone refunded their 900k.
The problem is the glitch that comes with it. No one is paying. Its a free shot.
These kids are running to the cannon after u get only 1 kill on them then its a waiting game till they leave the facility. Its just as bad or worse than ghost org.
  • KWF1981 and ALifeOfMisery like this

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

It was a bad move by R* to implement it in the first place.

Quite frankly, just making it a surveillance satellite was good enough, just drop the price to like 100-200k.

You can still use it to survey the map and see what's up, see who's where and what the dealio is.

• MeisterJazz and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

It's ridiculous and should never have been added. Don't care about the cost or cooldown. sh*tty thing to put in a PvP game.
  • Archangel0934, joel15cat, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 5 others like this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Thug

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Heck no! As a matter of fact, for 5 million you should be able to fire it like that girl from blade runner. Free if it's being shot at the hobos 😂

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 5 days ago

there are many things i could advocate for removal, but if things when down and the game was shaped based on my likings, the game may not appeal to the broad audiences.

with that said, i have no issue with the orbital cannon, it can be annoying when targeted by multiple users but overall its a once every 48mins thing, so yeah while you can kill me for a cool 500/750k, i can easily go get whatever vehicle i was in and continue doing my thing.

i'd rather remove stuff that had a major negative(imo) impact on the pvp side of the game like the explosive sniper, flying bike and the missiles of the deluxo.

The-Ghost
  • The-Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by The-Ghost, 5 days ago.

Try to balanace. I think that in addition to the cooldown timer, it should double in price to use it, resetting after a real-life week.

It should be removed since Rockstar can't patch the glitches that abuse this thing, it won't be removed or even changed knowing Rockstar though.

• StangOne50, joel15cat, REXX and 4 others like this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

On top of it most likely never being removed it'll just make doing freemode work unbearable.

• irish.chr and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

El-Gaddafii
  • El-Gaddafii

CEO

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 4 days ago

I have a better question, why was the orbital cannon ever added?
  • Amy Vinewood, irish.chr, Talisman_83 and 1 other like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 days ago

Remove it, because the whole idea is goddamn stupid and it only rewards those who glitch money.

No sane person that actually works and grind their cash would continually use this unless it's for free.

It's just cancerous.
  • El-Gaddafii, KWF1981, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 4 days ago

I have a better question, why was the orbital cannon ever added?

I have no idea..I've used it only once and that was for the trophy.. I still have the free shot from Christmas..
  • El-Gaddafii, irish.chr and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users