One thing i love about the focus of GTA 4

3 replies to this topic
greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

is the focus on actual criminal organizations instead of the government, that was the best part of GTA 4

• Zello and Derphoe like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I just like how the government focus was minimal. It was there, but we were only the lapdog for the UL Paper guy for a brief period in the game. It's more relevant to the story with how they actually help us out in the end, it kind of helps explain how Niko manages to stay out of jail and not face deportation, and Rockstar didn't force it. V felt like they lifted too many elements from Agent and tried to shove it into the weak story to pad it out more.

• Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, CartmanKusanagi and 3 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Everybody Won

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I think it fit into one of the overall feelings of the city, that you're just a dot on the map. The world isn't revolving around Niko, you watch him take part in it.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 3 days ago.

The best thing about how GTA IV encapsulates its story is by making Niko feel like he's truly apart of Liberty Citys underworld. It achieves this brilliantly by placing him as a freelance criminal and whilst it's not the first GTA to do it it's definitely pulled off extremely well.

With regards to the government angle I honestly don't mind it in any GTA game even GTA V. The problem I have in GTA V it suffocates the rest of the story too much leaving out less focus on more relevant origanisations such as Mexican drug cartels.

I like that the UL Paper Contact is presented as a shady and mysterious fellow, but his missions aren't too stupid and the character himself is important to Niko's quest to find Darko. There's no COD or Splinter Cell type of moments for the sake of having them like GTA V and San Andreas to a lesser extent. It all feels seamless without an unnecessary road bump in the story and by no means doesn't overrule the more traditional criminal organisations we're all accustomed to.

• Tycek, Mr_Rager and Interface like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users