1 reply to this topic
paulbursnall
  • paulbursnall

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

Hi,

Recently bought a new Sony Bravia KLD-40RD453, to replace a faulty Blaupunkt unit. I'm having a problem with GTA which looking at Google, seems to have really only been an issue on a 360/PS3. The textures at night are terrible - see images below.

I have since connected the PS4 to a different model of Bravia, which looked fine, same as my now broken Blaunpunkt.

I've tried each 'Scene' setting available on the TV, and adjusted each setting - brightness, contrast, gamma etc on each. I can't honestly any of these changes make it less noticeable.

Does anyone have advice on correcting this? To be honest, if this can't be fixed on this particular TV, I'll probably end up buying a refurbed Blaunpunkt - the 'point to point' ratio on their sets makes GTA look better than Sony's 'full pixel' option IMO.

gta-night-sky.JPG

gta-night-car.JPG

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 18 hours ago

Hi,

Recently bought a new Sony Bravia KLD-40RD453, to replace a faulty Blaupunkt unit. I'm having a problem with GTA which looking at Google, seems to have really only been an issue on a 360/PS3. The textures at night are terrible - see images below.

I have since connected the PS4 to a different model of Bravia, which looked fine, same as my now broken Blaunpunkt.

I've tried each 'Scene' setting available on the TV, and adjusted each setting - brightness, contrast, gamma etc on each. I can't honestly any of these changes make it less noticeable.

Does anyone have advice on correcting this? To be honest, if this can't be fixed on this particular TV, I'll probably end up buying a refurbed Blaunpunkt - the 'point to point' ratio on their sets makes GTA look better than Sony's 'full pixel' option IMO.

gta-night-sky.JPG

gta-night-car.JPG

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

Sadly for some reason PC games don't react well to TV when they act fine on PC Monitors so i'm afraid this might actually be a case of the TV being the problem.

Have you tried plugging into a regular PC monitor?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users