Photo

Identity Game

25 replies to this topic
mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:29 PM Edited by mayrakis, 09 April 2018 - 01:29 PM.

What do you guys think about this game and how close will it be to GTA online?

https://www.instagram.com/identity.hq/

http://www.identityrpg.com/

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:21 PM Edited by OurJud, 09 April 2018 - 03:21 PM.

Thanks for reminding me about this. Didn't realise it was so close to release.

I saw some footage about 12 months ago now and was very excited by what I saw. Must go and take a look if there's any new gameplay out there.

If it's going to get a console release, and can be played offline, I'll be even more excited.

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for reminding me about this. Didn't realise it was so close to release.

I saw some footage about 12 months ago now and was very excited by what I saw. Must go and take a look if there's any new gameplay out there.

If it's going to get a console release, and can be played offline, I'll be even more excited.

There is a recent video out you should definitely check it out!

I am also very excited!

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

PC only, unfortunately.

Ah well.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:38 AM

It looks decent, I dunno. I feel like it's gonna have the same problems APB and other very promising MMORPGs had.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:58 AM

Not even close to GTAO.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:22 AM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 10 April 2018 - 09:29 AM.

I feel like no ones gonna play their roles properly. How well can we really expect the average player to play the role of a cop before he decides to randomly rampage or gets distracted.

Even if someone played the police objectives properly, they aren't gonna park up outside a property in a realistic way then get on their radio for back up. More like crash straight into the objective and run in gun blazing. To expect people to behave accordingly is naive i think.

I'm basing my comment on this video:

• universetwisters and Ivan1997GTA like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:37 AM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 10 April 2018 - 09:49 AM.

I feel like no ones gonna play their roles properly. How well can we really expect the average player to play the role of a cop before he decides to randomly rampage or gets distracted.

Even if someone played the police objectives properly, they aren't gonna park up outside a property in a realistic way then get on their radio for back up. More like crash straight into the objective and run in gun blazing. To expect people to behave accordingly is naive i think.

I'm basing my comment on this video:

If by some miracle people do behave themselves while playing, i'd get a PC, quit GTA forever and play this game, start assaulting people in pubs, robbing banks, mugging people on their way to work and dealing crack on the streets. Sounds way funner than GTA Online. Sounds like it's what GTA Online should be. Although i suspect i'll be going through a lot of characters as their would probably be a lot of suicide by cop. If it has perma death that is.

Sorry for double post, accidentally clicked quote instead of edit.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

I think this game has great potential, if it turns out what it promises to be it will be huge!

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:23 PM Edited by OurJud, 10 April 2018 - 02:27 PM.

I wish the devs would stick to first-person when demonstrating gameplay of this title (or at least include more footage). The whole of the short drive is in third. I want to see how it looks in first, being driven!

And why are third-person animations always so feckin crap?? In this day and age?? It's like they hand-animate the character you control, but MoCap all the NPC. Why can't they MoCap the character you control, too?

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:01 PM Edited by mayrakis, 10 April 2018 - 04:01 PM.

I wish the devs would stick to first-person when demonstrating gameplay of this title (or at least include more footage). The whole of the short drive is in third. I want to see how it looks in first, being driven!

And why are third-person animations always so feckin crap?? In this day and age?? It's like they hand-animate the character you control, but MoCap all the NPC. Why can't they MoCap the character you control, too?

Well the game is still at its very early phase, so personally even though i was dissapointed at that video as well i can't judge them too much.

I guess we all have to wait until the Town square module release in 2 weeks to see what this game will prove to be

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:11 PM Edited by OurJud, 10 April 2018 - 04:12 PM.

Well the game is still at its very early phase, so personally even though i was dissapointed at that video as well i can't judge them too much.

I guess we all have to wait until the Town square module release in 2 weeks to see what this game will prove to be

But I'm talking third-person animations in general. It's one of the main reasons I prefer first-person games, because the animation of third-person characters is so awful, even today, they break any possibility of immersion.

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

But I'm talking third-person animations in general. It's one of the main reasons I prefer first-person games, because the animation of third-person characters is so awful, even today, they break any possibility of immersion.

I agree even though first-person is more rarely seen

Darth Yokel
  • Darth Yokel

A Sith now, aparently.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

I find the idea that people are going to fit neatly into their roles quite laughable.

• universetwisters and Cosmic Gypsy like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

This game gets mentioned now and then but I don't think people really understand what it is. It's not GTA:O or a game like it, it's a standalone role playing life-sim in the style of Arma 3 or GTA V modded roleplaying servers. There will be official servers to play on but players and communities will rent servers that they setup and play with their own rules.

If you're expecting some massive lifesim where you load up and and play as a cop in an online world that's setup and waiting for you like a more typical MMO or GTA:O... Well then this isn't that game.

• ARTHUR. likes this

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

The game's module release date has been delayed  :facedesk:

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by D9fred95, 4 weeks ago.

I got excited at the title because I thought it was a "guess the game" thread. But it's just an MMO. :(

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

I really think this is going the way of the star citizen funding route. Concentrating on making these modules and forget they actually have a full game to release then have to start cramming stuff together.

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Satisfactory Participant 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Haha, of course it is. This is the fourth time they've delayed it. I was active in their Discord, but about 6 months ago I stopped bothering to check because it was delay after delay after delay. I doubt this game releases before another comes outta nowhere.

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Haha, of course it is. This is the fourth time they've delayed it. I was active in their Discord, but about 6 months ago I stopped bothering to check because it was delay after delay after delay. I doubt this game releases before another comes outta nowhere.

we just have to wait and see :p

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh my god they raised over a million dollars for something that may or may not work

I'm actually impressed tbh

5s6mk76.png​

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I know right but i think it will work

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Satisfactory Participant 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh my god they raised over a million dollars for something that may or may not work

â

I dont know. The problem is them delaying things over and over again. It makes people lose faith and trust in them. We'd have to see but I'm not putting money in this until it's actually released.

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

â

I dont know. The problem is them delaying things over and over again. It makes people lose faith and trust in them. We'd have to see but I'm not putting money in this until it's actually released.

lets hope we will

mayrakis
  • mayrakis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

15 Tasks left and the module will be released, my guess would be 2 more weeks what do you guys think?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted A day ago

In terms of game development who knows it's a wild stab in the dark. Can't really predict how these 15 tasks will affect the game in terms of bugs could be another 2 months for all we know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users