Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Cesar underrated and should we get a game from his perspective?

12 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we get a remastered GTA:SA where you play from Cesar's perspective with the same storyline (when you help CJ and stuff)? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we get a remastered GTA:SA where you play from Cesar's perspective with the same storyline (when you help CJ and stuff)?

1. No. (11 votes [52.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

2. Yes, but make a seperate storyline for him. (7 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Yes! (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Domac
  • Domac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago Edited by Domac, A week ago.

Cesar did a lot of things to help CJ, like:
- metting him up with Catalina
- introducing him to Woozie (thanks to the races)
- informing him about the betrayal in 'The Green Sabre'
- informing him about the Loco Syndicate
- helping him kill Ryder and T-Bone in 'Pier 69'
- hijacking a rig in a mission CJ was doing for Toreno
And list goes on. Cesar has done all these things for CJ because CJ, let's say, let him date Kendl.
In the end, CJ kind off turned into a selfish prick when he didn't want to help Cesar take back his own teritorry, until Sweet told him to do so.
Cesar plays a very important role in GTA:SA, and, I think there should be like a remastered version of GTA:SA where you play from Cesar's perspective, but the same storyline as in GTA:SA, because the way I see it now,
Cesar is pretty underrated.

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Another remaster? And with a different character? Like never will happen lol.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Cesar doesn't have much charism, I rather find him overrated.

• RetroMystic likes this

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

Cesar, played an important role in the story line.  CJ has to be concerned for him for the sake of Kendal's happiness.  Now, not all the family agrees with things here.  Los Santos is basically a representation of L.A.  Culture, Sub-Culture and Cross Culture issues are fanned pretty heavy on the fire in this representation and things happen. 

Cesar has his own hood to be concerned with and frankly Grove Street, and CJ, are as selfish as it comes.  It happens with power and ambition.  I don't agree that Cesar is ever a selfish prick at all.  I'm not sure we need his perspective, it's pretty clear yet I'm not against it. 

It would be nice to let main characters live in future games, though.........call it useful romanticism if you like.

Anyway, enjoy!

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Am Shaegar, A week ago.

Cesar didn't do a LOT, but his support is definitely something that needs to be appreciated. I don't find this "support" as something that can be valued as some "underrated / overrated" thing. Cesar did everything because of Kendl, and her relationship with his brother CJ, and that's somehting Cesar values the most, which CJ has already given his consent.

What more do you expect CJ to do?

Regarding "informing him about the betrayal in 'The Green Sabre'" then it didn't make much of a difference in CJ's life since Sweet ended up in jail anyways. Had the information came in early before they were going to get ambushed then that would have certainly given GSF an upper hand w/o Sweet getting into any serious trouble.

I don't see him underrated. I think Cesar was totally unnecessary addition as a character. I mean, he wasn't that interesting as say, Ryder would have been, if CJ and Ryder worked together for something Cesar was made a part of the story throughout.

Going by the thread, and the opinions in general, I think Cesar is overrated and given more importance than his character deserves.

• Evil empire likes this

CHARMANDER50
  • CHARMANDER50

Rat

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Yeah I agree I think JOHNNY KLEIBITZ is a better option since TLAD release.
Cesar is only a sidekick to the main character in SA.
As for the death of Trevor it was the prerogative of Johnny since the storyline
was bewildering to the player.
Cesar may have killed Trevor or Johnny did it.

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by gts., A week ago.

Yeah I agree I think JOHNNY KLEIBITZ is a better option since TLAD release.
Cesar is only a sidekick to the main character in SA.
As for the death of Trevor it was the prerogative of Johnny since the storyline
was bewildering to the player.
Cesar may have killed Trevor or Johnny did it.
Spoiler

Nothing has sense and even GTA IV universe mixed with the GTA 3D universe? Jesus...

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

To see the same story as in the original SA from Cesar's perspective is pointless in my opinion. There was not much Cesar did in the game apart from be the occasional eyes and ears for CJ, and help CJ out here and there at a few points in the game (with CJ repaying Cesar the favour a few times himself). Not really worth the effort. 

• Evil empire likes this

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

I always though Cesar was a bit boring TBH. Would have rather preferred sharing a garage with Ryder (if he wasn't a busta) than Cesar. Also, Cesar probably only helped CJ so he could f*ck Kendl, who DOES look like a hooker.

Domac
  • Domac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

I always though Cesar was a bit boring TBH. Would have rather preferred sharing a garage with Ryder (if he wasn't a busta) than Cesar. Also, Cesar probably only helped CJ so he could f*ck Kendl, who DOES look like a hooker.

He does love Kendl though since he asked CJ if he could talk ti Sweet about proposing Kendl.
I would have also liked if Ryder took Cesar's spot in the game, and Cesar dying instead, but things turned to be like that and that's it.
  • Evil empire likes this

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Seems everyone has there sides chosen.
It would have been interesting on Ceasers part of the story, Dealing with KendL as Ceaser while getting the phone all from CJ. The problem I see is, this game is so good that every posibilty is endless.

I dont object the idea too much. We control CJ but I did wonder the hell Ceaser must have been through with his gang in hiding or betrayed. All while getting his girl to safety.
Great game, great game.
  • Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Seems everyone has there sides chosen.
It would have been interesting on Ceasers part of the story, Dealing with KendL as Ceaser while getting the phone all from CJ. The problem I see is, this game is so good that every posibilty is endless.

I dont object the idea too much. We control CJ but I did wonder the hell Ceaser must have been through with his gang in hiding or betrayed. All while getting his girl to safety.
Great game, great game.

An SA Stories spin-off with Cesar having is own story would be great, especially if it included Mexican drug cartels. 

lkz
  • lkz

Whoop-de-doo

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

Rockstar likely won't touch GTA SA again, sadly. i mean, they probably won't even touch the 3D era ever again, is my guess. though it'd be interesting to have such thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users