Photo

Chances Of A GTA IV Remaster

14 replies to this topic
Negromancer
  • Negromancer

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Negromancer, 2 weeks ago.

Speculation about this has been rampant only recently, but I think i've been one of the only few who have wanted this long before the 10th year anniversary of GTA IV finally rolled about. Rockstar for the last couple years have done things to celebrate the releases of their game, updating San Andreas's graphics and putting it on next generation consoles, putting the older GTA's on phone devices. But as you know GTA IV is a very demanding game, even to this day it struggles to run as good as it should on a PC; so I doubt it would come to any mobile device. Do you think there's a chance Rockstar would remaster GTA IV, not completely, but just improve the games' graphics; hell maybe even put it into GTA V's engine, and release it for next generation consoles, I would definitely pay money for that. GTA turns 10 on the 29th, I wanna see something! Let me know what you think.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

We already have a bunch of threads about this...

• Gravarty likes this

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

Tember Mitle

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gravarty, 2 weeks ago.

You know, people who love GTA VCS are still waiting for a 10th anniversary release today and it's anniversary was nearly 2 year ago.. R* is not interestet at remastering old games, i'm pretty sure that T2 wanted to have some* games on Android and iOS and contacted some small game developers (WDS & LG) to port the game to mobile systems. 

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

You know, people who love GTA VCS are still waiting for a 10th anniversary release today and it's anniversary was nearly 2 year ago.. R* is not interestet at remastering old games, i'm pretty sure that T2 wanted to have so games on Android and iOS and contacted some small game developers (WDS & LG) to port the game to mobile systems. 

Yeah tell me about it...I'm one of those people..  It seem's like they don't care .

Exactly my point lol

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Rat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Wolver_321, 2 weeks ago.

Yeah this is the 4th topic about the same discussion...

You know, people who love GTA VCS are still waiting for a 10th anniversary release today and it's anniversary was nearly 2 year ago.. R* is not interestet at remastering old games, i'm pretty sure that T2 wanted to have some* games on Android and iOS and contacted some small game developers (WDS & LG) to port the game to mobile systems. 

Some months ago ESRB registered GTA LCS and VCS for PS4 (probably as PS2 Classics), so before a GTA IV Remastered I think they want to release them first. GTA VCS is the last game of the 3D era that didn't receive a mobile port, if I remember correctly they've celebrated Bully 10th anniversary.

• Negromancer likes this

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago

Yeah this is the 4th topic about the same discussion...

Some months ago ESRB registered GTA LCS and VCS for PS4 (probably as PS2 Classics), so before a GTA IV Remastered I think they want to release them first. GTA VCS is the last game of the 3D era that didn't receive a mobile port, if I remember correctly they've celebrated Bully 10th anniversary.

Bully didn't have songs to get removed, just a graphics downgrade(not even an upgrade) and it's ready for mobile. 

xXElRadioDJ913Xx
  • xXElRadioDJ913Xx

Bouncer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I hope someone made a thread about what songs that are cut for the 10 year anniversary. According to Kotaku, a rep from Rockstar said that there will be replacement songs if most of the songs in the game are actually cut... 

• AlexanderPierce likes this

Rahmana4978
  • Rahmana4978

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted A week ago

I hope someone made a thread about what songs that are cut for the 10 year anniversary. According to Kotaku, a rep from Rockstar said that there will be replacement songs if most of the songs in the game are actually cut... 

prove it

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 6 days ago.

A MW2 remaster is much more likely than a IV remaster at this point.

Rahmana4978
  • Rahmana4978

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 5 days ago

Do you think this game will be remastered for mobile devices/ modern consoles?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Vehicle 2017 [IVPack]
    Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 5 days ago

0%, thank you.
  • Mastah, Hmmm nice bike, Jeansowaty and 1 other like this

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Rat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 5 days ago

0%, thank you.

Yep, probably even less than 0%

Rahmana4978
  • Rahmana4978

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 5 days ago

0%, thank you.

Your welcum b****

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

A few months ago, I was hopeful that we'd at least get a PS4 release for the 10th anniversary. While a remaster would have been nice (and it might have been something they were actually working on at one point a few years ago, if this screenshot accidentally published by a former artist there is anything to go by, and when you compare it to IV it's obviously heavily upgraded), I really don't think we're going to see that. They never did anything for the VCS anniversary (probably because some of the previous 10th anniversary releases didn't sell to their expectations), and with Shark Cards and GTA Online being their main way of making money (plus the fact that V managed to earn them $6 billion), they probably figure that they aren't going to waste anymore time or resources bringing back old games and would rather just stick with made them their first couple of billion.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 5 days ago

The problem with the VCS 10th anniversary would have been the music licences
  • jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users