Quantcast

» «
Photo

Itís april and GTA4 Remastered is right around the corner.

159 replies to this topic
Domac
  • Domac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

If they remaster it for the love of optimize it! I don't need any new fewtures I just want to run it in 60FPS without lowest settings, no trees patch, low poly cars, 1 ped per city, and with OUT OF MEMORY errors.
  • Arrows to Athens and Yinepi like this

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Markhosdangerous, 2 weeks ago.

Wouldnt it be good a sound remastered version like this one of GTA III with GTA Vice City FX sounds?

• adub, Voit Turyv, Arrows to Athens and 1 other like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hmmm... What about GTA VI remastered? My friend works at Rockstar, and that's what he hinted at.

Is your friend the one the cleans the toilet too cuz I heard the same thing! Also hinted that CJ and Niko will be in the VI remaster!

YES! What the hell?!?!?!? You think he's telling fibs? I've heard he's telling sorts of things to all sorts of people.

• Boozey St James likes this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

In order of likelihood, most to least
- world ending
- ChiroVette or Osho realising they're wrong always
- GTA V SP DLC
- IV remaster
  • Mastah, Algonquin Assassin, Arrows to Athens and 3 others like this

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago Edited by AlexanderPierce, A week ago.

Actually a remaster is possible because:

-When Take-Two was asked if it had any interest in remastering the Grand Theft Auto titles. Strauss Zelnick said that it's "something [Rockstar Games] will decide in due course" and that it "wouldn't do anything that's not going to look great creatively."

"The starting point is, 'Is this going to delight customers, is this going to look good?'" Zelnick asked. "You know that we're a company that is not driven first and foremost by 'Can we create revenue this way?'
"We would start by saying, 'Will this be exciting to consumers, will they be happy with it, will it reflect well on our brand, will it reflect well on our company?'" he added.

-GTA IV and EFLC beta branches are getting updated on steamdb.

-GTA IV and EFLC received a 579.35 MB update on Xbox One only on march with unknown changelist and confirmed not to be enhancements for the Xbox One X.
  • InfiniteTias likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pitô
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted A week ago

-When Take-Two was asked if it had any interest in remastering the Grand Theft Auto titles. Strauss Zelnick said that it's "something [Rockstar Games] will decide in due course" and that it "wouldn't do anything that's not going to look great creatively."
"The starting point is, 'Is this going to delight customers, is this going to look good?'" Zelnick asked. "You know that we're a company that is not driven first and foremost by 'Can we create revenue this way?'
"We would start by saying, 'Will this be exciting to consumers, will they be happy with it, will it reflect well on our brand, will it reflect well on our company?'" he added.

-GTA IV, EFLC, and Complete Edition beta branches are getting updated on steamdb.

-GTA IV and EFLC received an update on march with unknown changelist.

Source when he said that?

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago

-GTA IV, EFLC, and Complete Edition beta branches are getting updated on steamdb.

-GTA IV and EFLC received an update on march with unknown changelist.

Source when he said that?

https://www.gamespot...-/1100-6439941/

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago

Also, on TBoGT and TLAD websites GFWL logo was replaced by PC logo just like the one on GTA V website.

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Rat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

Also, on TBoGT and TLAD websites GFWL logo was replaced by PC logo just like the one on GTA V website.

https://steamdb.info...d Theft Auto IV

GTA EFLC's SteamDB page got update 3 hours ago... It's very likely that we'll se some songs deleted (as we saw with previous GTAs), but for me it's seems a bit weird all these updates for removing only some audio files. Probably this patch will get rid of GFWL, but I hope in a little performance boost.

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago

GTA EFLC's SteamDB page got update 3 hours ago... It's very likely that we'll se some songs deleted (as we saw with previous GTAs), but for me it's seems a bit weird all these updates for removing only some audio files. Probably this patch will get rid of GFWL, but I hope in a little performance boost.

If it's something big, it won't be just for PC, and we know that it won't be for PS3 and Xbox 360... Also a Mobile version is Impossible since GTA IV uses rage+euphoria and has around 35GB on pc and 17GB on xbox 360/PS3. Removing songs, why would they do that, if they won't re-release it for at least another platform... It's probably something big, specially with all these updates.

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

-GTA IV and EFLC received a 579.35 MB [/size]update on Xbox One only on march with unknown changelist and confirmed not to be enhancements for the Xbox One X.

why would updates to the original game indicate the possibility of a remaster? for me, it just reinforces even more that the game will just get a new patch for its anniversary and not a remaster

Spoiler

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago

-GTA IV and EFLC received a 579.35 MB [/size]update on Xbox One only on march with unknown changelist and confirmed not to be enhancements for the Xbox One X.

why would updates to the original game indicate the possibility of a remaster? for me, it just reinforces even more that the game will just get a new patch for its anniversary and not a remaster

Spoiler

Well, you're right, but a celebration with an update just for the pc is unlikely...

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Rat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

Surely we won't see anything for the old gen, now they're practically dead consoles... GTA IV's size on PC is about 15GB, 35GB (more or less) are required for the Complete Version (GTA IV + EFLC). High-end smartphones (and also middle ranged) are technically impressive nowadays, surely they beat PS3/Xbox360 but, as an "old style gamer", it's hard for me to imagine a game like GTA IV on a phone, especially with all the tiny buttons on the angles of the screen. From what I understood that update on XboxOne was probably a Microsoft side thing, in that period a lot of Xbox360 games with backwards compatibility received a similar update.

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

GTA IV's beta branch got updated.

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

Well, you're right, but a celebration with an update just for the pc is unlikely...

a remaster is even more unlikely since we're already in the month the game was released and Rockstar hasn't even announced anything yet.

maybe they will release an update for PC and consoles, judging by some videos I watched, the game seems to run quite bad on consoles in the same way it does on PC, I think an update for PC and consoles to optimize it and fix some bugs would be a good way to celebrate the game's anniversary

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

a remaster is even more unlikely since we're already in the month the game was released and Rockstar hasn't even announced anything yet.

maybe they will release an update for PC and consoles, judging by some videos I watched, the game seems to run quite bad on consoles in the same way it does on PC, I think an update for PC and consoles to optimize it and fix some bugs would be a good way to celebrate the game's anniversary

The consoles the game was released on are pretty much dead, and it runs well on Xbox One.

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

A dance with the Devil might last you forever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'm calling it. By 2023 someone out there will ask if GTA5 is getting a remastered version for 9th-gen consoles.

Don't see any reason to remaster GTA4 if there's nothing wrong with it. HD LC is perfect as it is.  

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I hope we atleast get R* to recognize this anniversary. Of course I would love to see a remaster, I know LC right now still look great. Would love to see it in a more refreshed look.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pitô
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Don't see any reason to remaster GTA4 if there's nothing wrong with it. HD LC is perfect as it is.  

So is Goldeneye 64, but it would still look a lot better remastered. Gta iv is 10 years old, obviously there is room to improve it today. That doesn't mean they have to or will do, but you can't say it doesn't look dated by modern standards.

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Rat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

GTA IV Screenshot of Middle Park:

Spoiler

GTA IV Screenshot of Middle Park with GTA V's engine:

Spoiler

For sure the second image isn't a screenshot made with GTA IV mods, it's impossible to achieve these results! If you look at the water, the rocks and the trees you will see a big improvement... Idk if this screenshot is real or fake, the only thing I know is that this was an old news: https://www.gamesrad...ists-portfolio/

• AlexanderPierce likes this

Absolut
  • Absolut

Homie

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A week ago

I'm calling it. By 2023 someone out there will ask if GTA5 is getting a remastered version for 9th-gen consoles.

I just want GTA IV on PS4. I quickly played it through once on XBOX360, which got struck by a lightning a bit before I got it to 100%. I didn't even get to explore the city properly. I don't give a rats ass if it doesn't get a new, vastly improved graphics or anything. I just want to wander around that city. :( I didn't love the map on IV nearly as much as SA and V, but I'd throw a couple of moneys in a heartbeat if there ever will be a PS4 GTA IV.

Loved the handling model, btw. Way more fun (and frustrating) than in V.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Vehicle 2017 [IVPack]
    Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted A week ago

It’s april and GTA4 Remastered is right around the corner.

Around which corner?

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted A week ago

Many people says GTA 4 don't need to be remastered, seems like these people don't have problems with the bad performance, the lack of anti aliasing, poor draw distance, flickering textures, square and ugly reflection, no ambient occlusion... etc.

So yes, why we need new gen version, it's just a gta4, this's not the game of the decade, this's not the best gta of R*  and the story is so short and simple and the most of my friends and people around the world love and play this game because of the problems that I counted above.

R* must be so stupid if they make new gen version.  

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

GTA IV Screenshot of Middle Park:

Spoiler

GTA IV Screenshot of Middle Park with GTA V's engine:

Spoiler

For sure the second image isn't a screenshot made with GTA IV mods, it's impossible to achieve these results! If you look at the water, the rocks and the trees you will see a big improvement... Idk if this screenshot is real or fake, the only thing I know is that this was an old news: https://www.gamesrad...ists-portfolio/

Also in November of the same year 2016 rockstar released update 1.0.8.0 then in december 5th of the same year began once again updating the beta branch, which means that if this picture is legit, then rockstar began working on the 10th anniversary in beginning/mid 2016.

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Rat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago Edited by Wolver_321, A week ago.

Many people says GTA 4 don't need to be remastered, seems like these people don't have problems with the bad performance, the lack of anti aliasing, poor draw distance, flickering textures, square and ugly reflection, no ambient occlusion... etc.

So yes, why we need new gen version, it's just a gta4, this's not the game of the decade, this's not the best gta of R*  and the story is so short and simple and the most of my friends and people around the world love and play this game because of the problems that I counted above.

I can only agree on the first part of your message, GTA IV has a lot of problems (especially on PC) that a Remastered version could solve. But I can't agree on the second part... GTA IV has sold over 25.000.000 copies and, according to Metacritic it is the 3rd game of all time (http://www.metacriti...tered?sort=desc), so surely it was of the best games of the past decade. GTA IV might not be the best GTA for you, but a lot of people (including me) loved this game, so why would Rockstar be stupid if they'll release a PS4 version? GTA IV's story short? It has nearly 100 missions and a lot of secondary quests for achieving 100%, so at least 50 hours of gameplay for complete the game (unless you're a speedrunner).

@AlexanderPierce

I didn't notice that, it might be a good sign! That screenshot was 100% made with GTA V's RAGE Engine, the trees, the water and the rocks are identical to GTA V... The next patch can't be only for deleting a bunch of songs, for sure they're doing something else. Only 20 days left :)

• AlexanderPierce likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Patch 9, but I don't see this speculated patch including a remaster of the game. Bringing IV's graphics and terrain up to speed with V's version of the RAGE would definetly be a separate release.

Boozey St James
  • Boozey St James

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

You're in the wrong neighbourhood cuz.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

http://www.kotaku.co...will-be-removed
Happy 10th anniversary! Play GTA Online and buy Shark Cards, Sincerely - Rockstar

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted A week ago

Happy 10th anniversary! Play GTA Online and buy Shark Cards, Sincerely - Rockstar

Damn if it's really a lot of music as said in the article, it would somehow make sense with that many updates.

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Rat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

Yesss!!! Thanks Rockstar, I was hoping in a patch that could give more utility to Independence FM... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users