Bunker Sales: Solo Full Stock

42 replies to this topic
brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 4 weeks ago

I buy 75k of supplies and sell at 210k. All delivery methods are easily doable using this method, although the dune fav sell mission is always horrible to do.

The downside to that approach is that you have to do five sales (at 15-30 mins each) rather than just one to get a full Bunker's worth. Apart from the cost to your time, when you're selling, the Bunker isn't producing stock.

Compare that with the full bunker sale method, where you'll only take a small stock hit when going to creator then coming back to get a different delivery mission (that'll easily be doable solo).

I'm not sure how it works when it comes to how much you lose. I have only noticed it with slightly under 25% stock and with slightly less than 50%. In the first case i lost 1 unit(of which there are 100 in a full bunker). And with the second one i lost 2 units. That means that it would have taken me 7 or 14 minutes respectively to get that back(plus the cost of supplies for it). If that trend carries on up then with a full bunker you will lose close to an hour just to exit a sale. If we are lucky and it stays at 2 units then you still lose 14 minutes which is the same as you get with a usual sale with one vehicle. And that is given that the next mission is one of the 2 you can do solo.

It is a balance and personal preference thing. With a full bunker you risk(if you get the wrong mission) losing product which is both time and money. With a one vehicle sale you only pause production for as long as the sale lasts. Which for the Phantom Wedge, black insurgent and Marshall is usually less than 5 minutes.

This is in no way, shape or form an attempt to undermine the strategy by the OP or you. Your tactic could be the most effective overall but there are a lot of things to consider. 

• AStiffBreeze and Astrohurricane like this

AStiffBreeze
  • AStiffBreeze

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm not sure how it works when it comes to how much you lose. I have only noticed it with slightly under 25% stock and with slightly less than 50%. In the first case i lost 1 unit(of which there are 100 in a full bunker). And with the second one i lost 2 units. That means that it would have taken me 7 or 14 minutes respectively to get that back(plus the cost of supplies for it). If that trend carries on up then with a full bunker you will lose close to an hour just to exit a sale. If we are lucky and it stays at 2 units then you still lose 14 minutes which is the same as you get with a usual sale with one vehicle. And that is given that the next mission is one of the 2 you can do solo.

It is a balance and personal preference thing. With a full bunker you risk(if you get the wrong mission) losing product which is both time and money. With a one vehicle sale you only pause production for as long as the sale lasts. Which for the Phantom Wedge, black insurgent and Marshall is usually less than 5 minutes.

This is in no way, shape or form an attempt to undermine the strategy by the OP or you. Your tactic could be the most effective overall but there are a lot of things to consider. 

I just sold a full bunker solo. I had to retry twice, and I lost $42K of product by the end. However, I avoided four extra sales, plus any stock production halts during those sales.

When talking about sales times, don't forget the 30 minute green IPC when talking about the single vehicle sales either. You don't get those (or dune FAVs, or Marshalls) when selling full Bunkers solo.

And finally, the AFK nature of the full bunker sales is not to be underestimated, and, frankly, the most attractive thing about the whole proposition. Your only proper interaction is one full bunker sale, the other times it's just popping in to buy supplies. The latter is negligible in terms of time, so again your personal time investment becomes one sale per day, instead of five sales per day.
  • brahmabull likes this

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Bunta Fujiwara

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 4 weeks ago

...except then you have to make a long drive from Sandy Shores/Paleto Bay to Los Santos and back so unless you have the Oppressor, or even a lightning-fast aircraft like the Pyro, you'd have already ran out of time before you can even complete the deliveries. I know I have, it was never fun without the additional players. There's always a thing called strength in numbers, especially with friends or trustworthy players.

AStiffBreeze
  • AStiffBreeze

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

...except then you have to make a long drive from Sandy Shores/Paleto Bay to Los Santos and back so unless you have the Oppressor, or even a lightning-fast aircraft like the Pyro, you'd have already ran out of time before you can even complete the deliveries. I know I have, it was never fun without the additional players. There's always a thing called strength in numbers, especially with friends or trustworthy players.

Just read the OP, it explains how to do it ;)
  • Foreverpast likes this

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just sold a full bunker solo. I had to retry twice, and I lost $42K of product by the end. However, I avoided four extra sales, plus any stock production halts during those sales.

When talking about sales times, don't forget the 30 minute green IPC when talking about the single vehicle sales either. You don't get those (or dune FAVs, or Marshalls) when selling full Bunkers solo.

And finally, the AFK nature of the full bunker sales is not to be underestimated, and, frankly, the most attractive thing about the whole proposition. Your only proper interaction is one full bunker sale, the other times it's just popping in to buy supplies. The latter is negligible in terms of time, so again your personal time investment becomes one sale per day, instead of five sales per day.

Well you don't get the green insurgent because you choose to not do it at a cost. 42k is 42k lost plus the 42 minutes it will take to produce it. But as we pretty much both are saying, it comes down to personal preference and how you play the game. I sometimes go AFK for the bunker to fill too but i do it in a mission to not pay any daily fees at all. Plus when the bunker is just about finished i end the mission for an extra 20k. So i already have to do stuff and doing a little sell mission doesn't bother me.

• AStiffBreeze likes this

AStiffBreeze
  • AStiffBreeze

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well you don't get the green insurgent because you choose to not do it at a cost. 42k is 42k lost plus the 42 minutes it will take to produce it. But as we pretty much both are saying, it comes down to personal preference and how you play the game. I sometimes go AFK for the bunker to fill too but i do it in a mission to not pay any daily fees at all. Plus when the bunker is just about finished i end the mission for an extra 20k. So i already have to do stuff and doing a little sell mission doesn't bother me.

Well if we're going to factor in that there are the small stock losses when exiting, which we are, then we need to also factor in that that means you never have to do the crappy sales when selling solo, you only get the best ones (black IPC and phantom wedge). No more annoying dune FAVs, or monster trucks, or 30 minute IPC deliveries.

If we're talking about playing the game actively when doing the bunkers, don't forget that by selling full stock solo, you can replace those four smaller sales you would've done otherwise with I/E work instead: instead of doing the five small sales, you could source and sell two high end cars ($160,000 profit) and then do a full bunker sale in roughly the same time frame (being very conservative).
  • brahmabull likes this

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well if we're going to factor in that there are the small stock losses when exiting, which we are, then we need to also factor in that that means you never have to do the crappy sales when selling solo, you only get the best ones (black IPC and phantom wedge). No more annoying dune FAVs, or monster trucks, or 30 minute IPC deliveries.

If we're talking about playing the game actively when doing the bunkers, don't forget that by selling full stock solo, you can replace those four smaller sales you would've done otherwise with I/E work instead: instead of doing the five small sales, you could source and sell two high end cars ($160,000 profit) and then do a full bunker sale in roughly the same time frame (being very conservative).

Having never attempted a full bunker sale i can't be sure but i assume that each of those 2 would take almost the entire 15 minutes to sell since it is 2 trucks or 3 black insurgents. And if i get any of those 2 or the marshall i will have those done in less than 5. So i can do 3 of those in the time someone could do one full bunker sale. I think the effectiveness in both cases are very close and personal preference plays the bigger part. Plus there is the safety factor. I have done Phantom Wedge missions where i got really unlucky when hitting a car and it sends the truck into a pillar on the freeway and the trailer detaches and is placed in a really bad position. And when i try to attach to it cars and police cars keep driving between my truck and the trailer and i waste a lot of time. I can still make it with one truck and 15 minutes but with 2 trucks i would have, on at least 2 missions, lost the second trailer and thereby half of my stock had it been a full bunker. That would have been a guaranteed rage quit.

But the thing that matter is that we have our own methods and that we like it that way.

AStiffBreeze
  • AStiffBreeze

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

In about $80,000,000 of full bunker solo sales, I've never failed a single solo sale that I've attempted (Farmhouse Bunker). There is a heap of time for both Phantom wedges and the black IPCs. I think the Marshalls would also be possible, but that one is too close for me to bother risking when the fee for exiting is so small.

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Um

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by FukNRekd, 4 weeks ago.

^^^ this. Also at farmhouse.

This weekend I came close though. 3 IPCs and all about 3 to 4 miles away (usually one is only 2 to 3 miles away so it's real easy even if you screw up a bit). I did it with about 40 seconds left. Being able to fly the buzzard in at speed, touching down inside the horse corral and sliding under the trees stopping next to the IPC has been a big help. :)

Withnail67
  • Withnail67

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I was helping a crew buddy do the dreaded FAV sales mission (we didn't get them all delivered) and I noticed that when one buggy was destroyed, the "crate" was left on the map. Does anyone know if you can destroy the FAV at the start of the mission and then pick up the guns you're selling in another vehicle (eg the Buzzard)?

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Um

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

That would be nice...

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted A week ago

I was helping a crew buddy do the dreaded FAV sales mission (we didn't get them all delivered) and I noticed that when one buggy was destroyed, the "crate" was left on the map. Does anyone know if you can destroy the FAV at the start of the mission and then pick up the guns you're selling in another vehicle (eg the Buzzard)?

You didn't try picking it up after you saw it?

Withnail67
  • Withnail67

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I should have picked them up, but I was trying to get one more delivery done for him before the timer ran out. Newb mistake I know!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users