Quantcast

» «
Photo

I found out a trick to use your underused armoured vehicles again.

15 replies to this topic
taken250
  • taken250

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

I remember when I was so excited to buy the APC, the Half-track, the Insurgent, Insurgent Pickup, Nightshark, etc. But it seems the oppressors, the deluxos, the vigilantes, and the new planes have ruined that for that.

With their vehicles being able to constantly spam rockets without cool down turned the most amored vehicles into mince meat. Especially the oppressor and the deluxo since they can fly.

I couldn't remember the last time I used my APC or my Khanjali....until now.

The trick is simple.

GET 5 STARS!!!

The players will simply lock on the numerous cops around you and they will have a hard time locking on to you with endless cops around.
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE likes this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:12 PM Edited by Gaffa™, 24 March 2018 - 05:12 PM.

10/10 guide. 

Will be using it daily.

:/

• -KM- and kovaandr like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:29 PM Edited by Nutduster, 24 March 2018 - 05:29 PM.

10/10 guide. 

Will be using it daily.

:/

It's actually helpful advice that a lot of people won't know or will forget about, but thanks for weighing in. 

• BLACK DYNAM1TE and Forza Harrd like this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:37 PM Edited by Gaffa™, 24 March 2018 - 05:38 PM.

Yeah, these days I'm surprised how much "helpful advice" and "common sense" mean the same thing. I'm sorry dude, it's limited scope for a guide when people can just switch to homing off.
There's also a more apt "Guide's & Strategies" section of the forum which had to be scrolled past for this. 

• imdabeast2114 and -KM- like this

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

Chrome Toyota Lootbox

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

That actually sounds hilarious. Imagine you're trying to blow up some dude in his chrome armored kuruma, but he has a massive writhing convoy following him everywhere and screaming "INBRED DICKWAD!" and "CAN'T WE DROP A MISSILE ON THIS MORON?".

• SilverRST likes this

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

Yeah well they can just use unguided missiles then.

• imdabeast2114 likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

Considering the Insurgent Pickup and Nightshark (maybe the APC....? Haven't tested myself) can both literally take more missiles than any of the ground vehicles with missiles can hold, it's not that hard to get away provided you haven't taken too much damage already.

Getting a bunch of cops to follow you is massively beneficial with the Khanjali however, because it can't take nearly as many rockets as the vehicles noted above, but can basically run through cops cars without taking damage like a Rhino would and the driver is essentially immune to gunfire.... the same is not true of whoever is trying to fire missiles at you, however, and I've gotten numerous Oppressor riders killed thanks to them hitting or being shot by cops.

• chef_archie likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

I got two words for ya:

Phantom Custom

;)

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Playa

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

Problem here that APC and Insurgent have been designed for long range battle and don't protect you from cops themselves.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

That actually sounds hilarious. Imagine you're trying to blow up some dude in his chrome armored kuruma, but he has a massive writhing convoy following him everywhere and screaming "INBRED DICKWAD!" and "CAN'T WE DROP A MISSILE ON THIS MORON?".

LOL

The cops and merryweathers really screams funny things.

And I'd take either the Insurgent pick-up Custom or Nightshark. APC gets rekt easily it's not even fun anymore.

taken250
  • taken250

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:32 AM

Considering the Insurgent Pickup and Nightshark (maybe the APC....? Haven't tested myself) can both literally take more missiles than any of the ground vehicles with missiles can hold, it's not that hard to get away provided you haven't taken too much damage already.

Getting a bunch of cops to follow you is massively beneficial with the Khanjali however, because it can't take nearly as many rockets as the vehicles noted above, but can basically run through cops cars without taking damage like a Rhino would and the driver is essentially immune to gunfire.... the same is not true of whoever is trying to fire missiles at you, however, and I've gotten numerous Oppressor riders killed thanks to them hitting or being shot by cops.

Yeah but it's good for the Khanjali or APC players. They sadly don't take as much punishment as the Insurgent or Nightshark

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

it's effective

unfortunately they'll still get hits and you'll die a little later. and good luck hitting an oppressor with an apc.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:47 AM Edited by flexcreator, 26 March 2018 - 12:48 AM.

I have another tip - just exit  the vehicle. If the person is so bad that he needs a lock on in order to hit you, you can take him down with a sniper.

If he is good enough to missle you without a lock on - the police trick won't help you anyway.

I remember when I was so excited to buy the APC, the Half-track, the Insurgent, Insurgent Pickup, Nightshark, etc. But it seems the oppressors, the deluxos, the vigilantes, and the new planes have ruined that for that.

These vehicles are still up-to-date and can be very useful if you know the ways.

good luck hitting an oppressor with an apc.

You don't need luck, you need to stay mobile and drive towards the bike. Wait until hes out of missles or crashed into a wall. Smash the guy and use proximity mines.

In case of Deluxo - hide under the cover like a bridge or a tunnel.

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

​

True. But you'll have to be dealing with a very experienced troll for them to pull this off if they're using flight mode with the Oppressor or Deluxo so this tip does have some effectiveness. Even skilled pilots know hitting moving targets without lock on is about timing and maneuvers even with traditional aircracts, and a pain with non-traditional.

I don't see Vigilantes (no pun intended)on the streets like most players seem to, but I figure planting or tossing proximity mines out the windows is recommended for those, the Stromberg, and other land pursuits.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

Most people can't hit a moving target with an unguided missile to save their lives. Hell, many can't even hit a stationary target.
  • IamCourtney likes this

taken250
  • taken250

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

Most people can't hit a moving target with an unguided missile to save their lives. Hell, many can't even hit a stationary target.

Thank you! I find it easier to hit targets unguided with the buzzard then the oppressor or deluxo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users