Quantcast

» «
Photo

SSA: Super Sport Series Update - First Impressions

118 replies to this topic

Poll: First Impression (174 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your quick first impression on the new update?

1. I think it was really well done, its going to have me busy until the next update around summer (16 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

2. I extremely dislike it and would have expected more from rockstar (70 votes [38.04%])

Percentage of vote: 38.04%

3. I am in the middle, Im not sure about either 1 or 2 (54 votes [29.35%])

Percentage of vote: 29.35%

4. I honestly don't know anymore at this point. Nothing can express my views on the subject matter (10 votes [5.43%])

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

5. "Meh" (34 votes [18.48%])

Percentage of vote: 18.48%

After reading through the thread, have your original opinions changed? (Read the thread first before voting on this poll)

1. Yes (3 votes [4.11%])

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

2. No (70 votes [95.89%])

Percentage of vote: 95.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Rykjeklut
  • Rykjeklut

Thug

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's alright. We don't need, or aren't, as some think, entitled to a huge update every month. Some real nice cars coming out it seems.

A shame about the dripfeed, but I can see why they're doing it.

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by just do it bob1, 4 weeks ago.

A shame about the dripfeed, but I can see why they're doing it.

To extend the longevity of the DLC so they can milk it as much as possible.

• Mattoropael, LeakyLine and -KM- like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Runner-Up

Posted 4 weeks ago

As far as March fillers go, I give this one a B+ for content & C for quality. 15 cars & a helicopter! Not only it beats previous fillers (4 & 6), it actually rivals both F&F (14) & Cunning Stunts (15).

Granted, quality beats quantity, but quantity has a quality of its own.

Unfortunately, the majority of the cars in this update are not for me & I'm cool with it. I bought the Fagaloa so far & I'm not sure whether I'll keep it or trade it once the Michelli GT comes out.

I'm definitely the SeaSparrow once it comes out though.
  • Rafae, carnerd3000 and Chrome Toyota Prius like this

DevilDaRebel
  • DevilDaRebel

I tread near "perm ban territory"

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DevilDaRebel, 4 weeks ago.

Lol, 18k signatures on a bike update petition. Piro, what were you saying about bikers also being a minority with the guys who want a boat dlc? Numbers don't lie, compare a mere 200 votes with 18k. 18-THOUSAND with a mere HUNDRED. Lolo,loollloool, Im out before I get banned again. 

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector & Avid Helisexual

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 weeks ago

^

One explanation might be that people who want a bike update are whining bitches, while people wanting boats are calm, cool-tempered and patient, lol

Numbers don't lie, but people do. People also tend to use numbers in favor of their own point of view, refusing to see the full picture...

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mattoropael, 4 weeks ago.

Hotring would be good if the exclusive car's performance doesn't suck so badly.

It doesn't corner well (which is fine), and its top speed is laughable for what it's supposed to represent. With the Hotring Sabre in its current state, I'd have more fun if they allow me to use any Sports and bring my Pariah, for the simple fact that the Pariah would have been so much faster on those boring straight line-dominated tracks.

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector & Avid Helisexual

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 4 weeks ago.

So, the tires of the Overflod Tyrant clips through the body when you're steering apparently? They cut right through the sides of the hood. Another overlooked detail of this update..?

It shows here, timestamped:

https://youtu.be/6TmM0TBdk3A?t=35m2s

(I'm not much for hanging on YouTube, I just Googled to get a showreel of the new vehicles.. Also, why can't I ever seem to get gifs or videos to show in my posts? And why am I too lazy to really try?)

• rlk232 and just do it bob3 like this

rlk232
  • rlk232

GTA King (1188)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

This really was their worst update yet. If the two new supers don't get a performance bump, they have to take them down to sports or sports classics or some dumbass cat, bc they are NOT super cars as it stands.

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

First impression: total moose arse!

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by just do it bob1, 3 weeks ago.

Instead of mentioning how bad it is, I would also like to see people say some good things about it. Don't bash it completely guys. Some updates are way worse than this. 

I would also like it if you guys did that so I could add some good things to one section on the OP. 

*COUGH* the supercars are an exception to this... *COUGH*

(I'm not much for hanging on YouTube, I just Googled to get a showreel of the new vehicles.. Also, why can't I ever seem to get gifs or videos to show in my posts? And why am I too lazy to really try?)

Only you could answer that age-old question yourself. 

• Dr.Rosenthal likes this

A.C.M.
  • A.C.M.

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

nice cars (dont care for less performance since im not racer type) and even nicer ones coming next week already

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by IceDree, 3 weeks ago.

Instead of mentioning how bad it is, I would also like to see people say some good things about it. Don't bash it completely guys. Some updates are way worse than this. 

Well:

- It brought cars to underrepresented brands. Weeny, Overflöd*, Vulcar, Cheval & the first Dinka car since 2014.

- It brought a new manufacturer to the GTA universe (Rune). The last one we got before that was Progen in 2015.

- It brought 2 new Muscle cars, one of them is the highly requested Vapid Ellie.

- It brought a new Entity.

- It brought a new addition to the Compact class, the last one was over a year & a half ago.

- It brought a new NASCAR car & races.

- It brought a big update to the creator.

- It bought a highly requested Helicopter.

- It brought a highly requested Sports Car. Sadly this one seems to have backfired on them because they half assed it.

- It brought 2 new Rally cars to compete with a Omnis & Tropos.

- It brought 2 new cars with Ski racks & European plates to keep the Pigalle companied.

Mach finally finally got his Mustang, Rexx got another EV, Hunter got another Helicopter (3rd update in a row! Lucky u) & whole bunch of people got cars they requested (sorry I can't remember your screen names at moment) & I'm happy for them.

I also hope R* make it up for Commander S, JD95 (or JV?) & the others with a proper ZR350 in the coming dlcs.

Now R*, don't forget about my X6 M.
____
* DDH introduced the second ever Overflöd.
  • Fluffy Sock, hei3enberg, Rafae and 2 others like this

mojito
  • mojito

gta addict

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well:

- It brought cars to underrepresented brands. Weeny, Overflöd*, Vulcar, Cheval & the first Dinka car since 2014.

- It brought a new manufacturer to the GTA universe (Rune). The last one we got before that was Progen in 2015.

- It brought 2 new Muscle cars, one of them is the highly requested Vapid Ellie.

- It brought a new addition to the Compact class, the last one was over a year & a half ago.

- It brought a highly requested Sports Car. Sadly this one seems to have backfired on them because they half assed it.

Mach finally finally got his Mustang, Rexx got another EV, Hunter got another Helicopter (3rd update in a row! Lucky u) & whole bunch of people got cars they requested (sorry I can't remember your screen names at moment) & I'm happy for them.

I also hope R* make it up for Commander S, JD95 (or JV?) & the others with a proper ZR350 in the coming dlcs.

____

Please don't forget Sentinel classic 4 door.

• LeakyLine likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Please don't forget Sentinel classic 4 door.

Yessir!
  • LeakyLine likes this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

As a fan of cars. This update is better than nothing.

• carnerd3000 and nido997 like this

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

I'm so clever I confuse myself sometimes.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

The thing about this update, people are accusing each other of being entitled when we have the right to be with something like this. Deny it all you want, but this was half-assed. Some of us have wanted proper Hotring since the game released. See the horse track, it's a proper oval, people wanted oval races. Four years wait and we get rebadged stunt races? It's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And more drip feed crap. Do they really think it keeps us playing? Because it doesn't. You think they'd realize most of us play something else the entire week, get on GTA for an hour on Tuesday, buy new car, toy with it for a bit, then boom, off to some other game. Some serious f*cking changes need to be made.

• just do it bob3 likes this

jamsroob
  • jamsroob

youtube.com/c/jamsroob

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by jamsroob, 3 weeks ago.

If RDR2 wasn't postponed, this SSASSS-dlc would have been the update to keep GTA Online alive after (a lot of) players switched their interest to RDR2...

And with that in mind you'll understand a update around racing, but if it was intended to keep people interested in GTA Online, the dlc should have more freeroam content imho...

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

i have no issue with this update due to the fact the dom classic aka elli is finally coming, along with other cool cars...

to some this update may seem lame or meh and i understand, i mean a bare car pack update as follow up to one of the biggest updates ever released by R*, it doesnt stand a chance with those that like big, flashy updates.

i like cars, we got cars, so im happy!
  • carnerd3000 likes this

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh nice one!  Is there a comprehensive list of whats changed with the creator?

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't really like anything that was originally released,but I love many of the dripfeed cars (Ellie, Issi Classic, Michelli GT, Jester Classic and Cheburek),I can't wait for them to get released.

• hei3enberg likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's getting worse every day!!

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well:

- It brought 2 new cars with Ski racks & European plates to keep the Pigalle companied.

____

WOW.

Thanks for replying this! I will be sure to add some of these points to the OP when I update it!

• carnerd3000 likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh nice one!  Is there a comprehensive list of whats changed with the creator?

I'm not sure, I haven't seen one yet.

The updates to the creator are still locked, its part of the dripfeed lol.

We're also adding a heap of new tools and updates for the Creator coming later this Spring, including more weather options, custom team names and Warp Checkpoints for Transform Races, as well as a number of other highly-requested features.

I read somewhere that you'll be able to set wanted levels, add customized Weaponized Vehicles with upgraded weapons & set their health, the prop limit will be increased from 150 to 200 & I'm sure there'll be a ton of new props, I assume that includes the ones in the Hotring Circuit. Those are the ones I remember at the moment.

Thanks for replying this! I will be sure to add some of these points to the OP when I update it!

My pleasure. Glad I can help.
  • Claude4Catalina, Rafae and just do it bob3 like this

varulven
  • varulven

Deus pascit corvos

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by varulven, 3 weeks ago.

I didn't vote, as the options are quite limited.

All in all a good update as far as the vehicles go (or don't, looking at you Taipan) 

I think R* missed the boat a bit with this one, a perfect opportunity to add an interior/s for the Maze Bank Arena.

Which could have included a dedicated Hotring track (instead of some garbage stunt tracks),

A Bloodring, with the option to play alone against AI or against other players.

And a Kickstart course (easily my favourite past-time from SA, I'm a big Dougie Lampkin fan)

A simple job trigger at the front doors of MBA, which would take you to an options screen to choose which of the three events you'd like to join, and Bob's your uncle an epic update, sadly this is not the case. For shame R*.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 3 weeks ago

meh, ye, guess the cars are ok 

• hei3enberg likes this

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by just do it bob1, 3 weeks ago.

I didn't vote, as the options are quite limited.

All in all a good update as far as the vehicles go (or don't, looking at you Taipan) 

I think R* missed the boat a bit with this one, a perfect opportunity to add an interior/s for the Maze Bank Arena.

Which could have included a dedicated Hotring track (instead of some garbage stunt tracks),

A Bloodring, with the option to play alone against AI or against other players.

And a Kickstart course (easily my favourite past-time from SA, I'm a big Dougie Lampkin fan)

A simple job trigger at the front doors of MBA, which would take you to an options screen to choose which of the three events you'd like to join, and Bob's your uncle an epic update, sadly this is not the case. For shame R*.

Is there any possible way that I could improve the poll options? Some suggestions would be much appreciated!

meh, ye, guess the cars are ok 

Personally, the only car I like is the hotring racer. The liverys it has are insane :D

rlk232
  • rlk232

GTA King (1188)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

As a fan of cars. This update is better than nothing.

I disagree, nothing is better than terribly overpriced cars that perform like crap in a race update. It is a cash grab bordering on robbery.

a1dopeman
  • a1dopeman

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by a1dopeman, 3 weeks ago.

Fantastic Original Post. I completely agree that not using Maze Bank Arena was a huge missed opportunity. Im tired of these Speed Racer stunt tracks, how about an actual arena, which logically can be rearranged to fit several track designs. Lame

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Fantastic Original Post. I completely agree that not using Maze Bank Arena was a huge missed opportunity. Im tired of these Speed Racer stunt tracks, how about an actual arena, which logically can be rearranged to fit several track designs. Lame

Thank you :D for the compliment and I'm glad you agree 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users