Quantcast

» «
Photo

SSA: Super Sport Series Update - First Impressions

118 replies to this topic

Poll: First Impression (174 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your quick first impression on the new update?

1. I think it was really well done, its going to have me busy until the next update around summer (16 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

2. I extremely dislike it and would have expected more from rockstar (70 votes [38.04%])

Percentage of vote: 38.04%

3. I am in the middle, Im not sure about either 1 or 2 (54 votes [29.35%])

Percentage of vote: 29.35%

4. I honestly don't know anymore at this point. Nothing can express my views on the subject matter (10 votes [5.43%])

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

5. "Meh" (34 votes [18.48%])

Percentage of vote: 18.48%

After reading through the thread, have your original opinions changed? (Read the thread first before voting on this poll)

1. Yes (3 votes [4.11%])

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

2. No (70 votes [95.89%])

Percentage of vote: 95.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by just do it bob1, 4 weeks ago.

heHCI9K.jpg

The Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series Update:

First Impressions

First off, I would like to credit the rightful owners of many of the photos you will see here.

- Gypsy

- Broughy1322

- GTA Series Videos

- (Original Source For Bike Stadium Is Unkown. However I was able to find a video about it by quite a few people, but I used MrBossFTW's video for this photo)

- FoxySnaps

- LM670-4

- GTATACTICS

Now let's dive into things. 

I would like to start off by saying that the concept for this DLC is excellent. I love how R* is trying to satisfy the racing community and has this "Nascar" concept in mind. Again, I will mention that I like the idea. However, I feel as if this DLC was not executed properly. This DLC had much more potential than just to be a filler update and be half-assed. I encourage you not to write hate comments about me if you disagree and to read through this thread BEFORE you make a response. 

This update had a nice concept, but as I said, It was not correctly executed. I will explain why and what R* could have done to overall improve this update and please the community. This update made a lot of use of things already in the game. I dislike that, R* should have worked on something new. This filler update should have had more, not just something to keep us busy for a little while. It is clear that the community are not fans of this update. I have seen numerous comments on rockstars Instagram, twitter, and last but not least, other YouTubers complaining about it. Heres a quick look at what I mean. This is what Gypsy posted on this youtube channel at around 8:00 am EST, on the day that the SSA Super Sport Series Update was released:

Pq6Rq19.jpg

He and as well as many others do not like the update what so ever.

Now, let's discuss what changes R* could have made, that would not have required that much effort, that would have also made this update a lot more successful. 

To start off, I would have preferred not to see the stunt race creator used to make these races. They are like any other stunt race but instead, In this case, indeed there are ZERO stunts in these races, and they just go around in a flat circle. What R* could have done would have been to add the old Hotring maps and build upon it. In case if I lost you there and put you in a state of confusion, I will show you what I'm talking about: 

Mbz5MVb.jpg

mPzYgRf.jpg

These, are the original Hotring racing maps. One photo was taken from Vice City and another from San Andreas. These might not look interesting at first, but if you watch the videos about these races, you will soon discover that they are a lot more interesting than the maps we already have. Using the stunt race creator could have worked well too because we would have two different types of Hotring races which would have pleased everyone. This would have taken a little more work, but it is indeed something that would not have killed rockstar to do. These were in an arena and had solid as well as dirt paths. They would have been an excellent utilization of the Maze Bank Arena, which I will touch on later. 

I would have also liked to see a Hotring classic, that would have the same model as the old one, both in VC and SA. I don't know why, but I would have significantly preferred to have the old one more than the newer GTAO designed model that we now have in the game. Although this is a bit unneeded, it still would have been nice.

Another thing that they could have done would be to have Racing outfits to match the livery of the Hotring Sabre. This could have had its section called either "hotring" or "super sports series." This would have made racing these cars so much more enjoyable and would have made it feel like a real NASCAR race since it matches the livery of the car. 

One car did not make it in this update, and that is no other than the BloodRing Banger.

I don't understand why R* would add the Hotring Sabre, but not the BloodRing Banger. This car back in VC and SA was used during demolition derby which could have opened up the opportunity in GTA Online for a new demolition derby mode-locked to the BloodRing Banger, but Rockstar chose not to add it. This was a considerable amount of missed opportunity that I don't quite understand. The BloodRing could have also been used to race, although not practical, it is still possible. This is what the BloodRing Banger looks like in case if you are unfamiliar with it. 

9fHcs4O.jpg

KSLXX1T.jpg

I would also like to touch on the Maze Bank Arena that I mentioned earlier. This building can be found near LSIA and is rather large. The older GTA games like VC and SA featured a very similar Arena, while SA featured multiple ones. This update could have been a great use of this building as it already has an interior seen in the game files. We have now had two installments after Cunning Stunts that build off of that single DLC and not once has this Arena been used. Back in SA, I remember there being a bike checkpoint trial that used the arena and you got rewarded if you beat the high score. I will include photos like previously, but I am disappointed that this building serves no use. Think about it, a lot of the significant building in the game have interiors that have been used, but this building is an exception. Considerable amount of opportunity missed here; I hope rockstar uses it in the future as it could have some substantial potential

*EDIT* The Bloodring DD and Hotring races both had tracks that used arenas similar to the Maze Bank Arena.

e6A17Pr.jpg

Above is GTA V's Arena Interior

Below is GTA SA's Arena Interior for the already mentioned "Bike Checkpoint Trial"

MTgxaW9.jpg

I would also like to touch on one final thing, and that is the cars and the prices for what you are getting.

If you have purchased the new supercars, hold onto them because R* might fix them in the future as they have done with numerous other vehicles. If you have not bought them, don't because they are currently what seems to "broken." 

(Please nicely correct me if I'm wrong and I will gladly edit this section)

This is the case because of engine resistance on the new vehicles. This is a tiny fraction of code that effects the car by 0.01 I believe, but it seems to be that this has a massive impact on the vehicles. I find it funny, how when I spend 2.8 million dollars on the newest, and now the most expensive car in the game, how it comes close to the speed of the ORIGINAL COIL VOLTIC and the BULLET. For the money I am spending, I would expect more. On a closed track, Broughy found out that these cars are some of the worst supercars in the game. This is the final data for these cars as of right now, two days after the release of the SSA Super Sports Series Update:

Entity XXR: 31st Place Overall

Taipan: 36th Place Overall

WOW. 

I like the concept of this DLC, but as you can see, it was not executed properly. There were many aspects that R* could have improved on but chose not to. As a result, these races will most likely be forgotten after the double GTA $ and RP. Granted, people will still play them, but only to a certain degree. I would, however, like to happily say that the Sparrow is making a return in GTA. I would just quickly like to say that I hope it has that sturdy machine gun as a customization option in your hangar. That will be it for this thread. I would like to discuss this matter with you guys. If you disagree with my claims, feel free to tell me. I would be more than happy to include them in this thread. Cheers everyone, I hope you enjoy the new DLC and of course, happy racing!  :lol:

Edit: Sorry to the early users about the grammar mistakes, for some reason my edits didn't save. I have fixed them now if you refresh the page. I also plan to discuss the patches of various glitches and game flaws later. I also plan to make edits that you suggest so any complaints or ideas I will always and love to take into consideration! This thread is still under construction in a way and will be updated soon. 

SSA Super Sport Series Update: Further Analysis

Let's discuss more things about this update. I would like to build on what was previously mentioned and touch on what R* could have done better and what I liked about this update. 

I would like to start off by why I think this update is a good thing. I know this would completely contradict everything I have said in this thread, but I still want to consider it. I personally think that this will never happen again. Why? Because TO A DEGREE, R* in the past have listened to the community. An excellent example of this would be the Bikers Update. The community ended up getting together to vote for a bikers update. The amounts of signatures far exceeded what was expected. The expected amount and maximum were around a thousand. The petition far exceeded that number. It was soon after that the Bikers update was brought to life. This opened up a new opportunity for many players, including myself. I never liked the idea of these "biker gangs" in GTAO and I originally just despised it all together. The Bikers Update changed that, I now have my own crew that I am building up from the bottom and bringing it to the top. (to not get this thread locked, I will not name my crew nor will I link it) 

Here is the link to this petition: https://www.ipetitio...rs-of-gta-unite

nwB09QC.png

Rockstar has listened to the community before, and I think they can learn from this update. You know the community disliked what you have created when they smash the dislike button and put hate in the comments

(The Words Of NoughtPointFourLive)

I think Rockstar can learn from these mistakes. I think the next update will be much better and will redeem itself from this update. Also, for the record, I am in no way towards the community who likes the introduction of weaponized vehicles and the continuation of it. I hate weaponized vehicles. 

One other thing I liked about this update was that there is no tie to businesses. There are also NO PAYWALLS. Paywalls have become a considerable problem in GTAO. This update is very different from the rest. I could be rank 1 and could access most of the content and use it. There are no discount prices, buy this to get that, or spend three mil here for this. I could join a race and still have the ability to win because everyone uses the same car, and I also have a car provided for me if I don't already own it. This is something to build off of. This is how GTAO updates should be in a sense. There should not be six different paywalls to access the content and to enjoy it. Look at doomsday. I don't like how I have to spend 3 million on a facility to have it close to Los Santos and to be able not to have to travel 5 miles or 8km around the map to deliver prep vehicles. Remember back in 2015? When all you needed was a 100k apartment, and you could start the heist, and you would be paid well? GTAO updates are dwelling deeper and deeper into this paywall issue. This update yet again is different because it does not CONTAIN those paywalls. 

I will later update this thread again touching base on things rockstar could have done to make this update better. Stay tuned. 

Also, I think lowriders was another update that the community suggested and R* ended up implementing into the game.  

• Shaundi., ClaudeSpeed1911, joel15cat and 14 others like this

wizooord
  • wizooord

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by wizooord, 4 weeks ago.

Edit: Thanks for adding more options, voted for the 3rd.

The update is nice, not perfect, not without flaws, but it's better than nothing i guess.

But the lack of new garage space is ridiculous.

• psymin, Rafae, Arrows to Athens and 14 others like this

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

But the lack of new garage space is ridiculous.

I 100% agree. They should be adding more garage space for the people who buy most of the cars in this update. I only have 20 more open slots and soon enough, those will be full too. R* should honestly really do something about it.  :/

• Black Terminator, Skeve613, alkaline_ and 5 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Sanches, 4 weeks ago.

Im not a racer, so i could just ignore this update just like many previous (ignoring orbital cannon, yeah). But people leaked a bunch of cars i was interested to buy. But after watching leaked customization videos, i saw that even customization were aimed for racings (number liveries ect), so less personalization, can't change them to my taste. So in terms of content, i really dislike it.
But i saw some fixes, guess that's a step in right direction. But unfortunately, Rockstar takes just one step in a community direction at the time, so...

Gonna buy Cheburek (ingame and irl cheburek) and try to enjoy what life gave me.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by deadx23, 4 weeks ago.

My first impression= mehhhh©
  • Foreverpast, Rafae, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

RetroStyle
  • RetroStyle

Jesus is Lord, Jesus is Love, Jesus is Life, Jesus is Truth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I love the new car models, but the lack of an additional property slot, and the ridiculous addition of the "Advanced flags" script which kills drifting, racing, and burnout ability of the new cars + Viseris, this update gets a Huge Thumbs Down from me. Until they remove the new "Advanced flags" script im too disappointed to drive the new cars, and they killed my 2nd fav car. RIP Viseris. :v:  :v:  :v:  :v:  :angry:  

• alkaline_ and just do it bob3 like this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by nido997, 4 weeks ago.

truthfully speaking, I voted for "would have expected more" .... I was excited about the new cars , I really like the veriety !

but then , the Hotring races man ... I know , I know , it´s a throwback to VC and SA , but the new races are soooo boring ( Nascar is boring anyway IMO ) , especially when 90% of the races are with catchup and slipstream on ... 

I expected more performance from the new cars too , I mean , they are too heavy while accelerating and cornering ... cool cars , but ....

the Update is not done for me yet , as we are expecting more new transform and special vehicle races ....

for now , I have to say that I´m a bit disappointed , but I´m not "hating" the new DLC , better than nothing , I guess...

carnerd3000
  • carnerd3000

Car Collector, Racer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Some of the cars that were added were things I wanted for a long time, despite the flaws. And even though I would've like to see true stadium races, I do like the Hotring tracks they added (I just wish they added new track props with actual banked turns). Overall I'm happy with the update so far, but I understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea. 

• Rafae, bulldog385, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

First impression: Wow! This is easily the second if not best batch of car choices ever added to the game..

Second impression: Annnnd every one of the new cars feel broken due to a stupid flag they added to the for whatever godforsaken reason, FFS R*!
  • Rafae, alkaline_, rlk232 and 2 others like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

My first impression= mehhhh©

Same here, which is why I couldn't honestly vote for either option as a first impression.

As I expected, this update isn't a heavy hitter like the DDH.

However I figured there would be a few nice things scattered here & there in it, that would draw my attention.

The Sea Sparrow & Caracara are the items that caught my eye, thus why this update is just an ok/average update in my eyes.

• Rafae likes this

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

In The Coming Weeks

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Terrible poll choices. I'm in the middle, I like it but it could have been better.

• AboveAndBeyoncé, Rafae, carnerd3000 and 1 other like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by hei3enberg, 4 weeks ago.

There is a lot of space for improvement, let's say that. Actual track would be spectacular, not that out-of space pseudo stunt tracks. But what irritates me most is the fact that at release date R* actually unlocked the sh*ttiest vehicles ever added to the game. I only got Fagaloa, but I would like to see Dominators GTX and Classic of course, that Sea sparrow and probably Supra. The fact that there will come a week dedicated to that idiotic piece of sh*t Lada is not even funny. I used to live in Russia and I love Ladas as much as I love snow: somewhere far, far away from me. 

• Spadge, Rafae, alkaline_ and 2 others like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

This update really isnt all that. It looks like (and basically is) Cunning Stunts again. This update is more for racers and car enthusiasts rather than the average player. Speaking of which, Im sure the Hotring races will fade after the double cash and RP. Its nothibg to write home about.
  • Coranub, Rafae, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Cilogy, 4 weeks ago.

Well conceived, poorly executed.

Which ought to be Rockstar's new tagline.

• NorthwindJME, hei3enberg, Rafae and 2 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

I like the amount of effort and detail put into the original post, very nicely done. As for my impressions, like many others I consider this an average update but the idea/concept behind it is certainly appreciated. I'm mostly in it for the cars and Rockstar did not disappoint at all in that department, save for a few exceptions (looking at you Mr. Jester :p).

I like the intensity of the races when the lobby is mostly full but like you said, I don't think many people will be doing these after this week. It'll probably be much harder to even fill up lobbies after this event week finishes. I do like the Hotring Sabre a lot however, looks very detailed and pays homage to the SA and VC versions very nicely.

Overall I'd give this update a 6.5-7/10. Also, I know I'm in the minority but I'm actually looking forward to trying out the new adversary modes and special vehicle/transform races. Can't guarantee I'll like them but I'm certainly excited to give the new stuff a try.

• hei3enberg, alkaline_, carnerd3000 and 3 others like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well conceived, poorly executed.

Which ought to be Rockstar's new tagline.

It's the motivational poster in their developer office.

• -KM-, Spadge, Rafae and 5 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ I lol'd

• alkaline_ likes this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Kancut Sobek

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's sh*t, i would imagine the tuner will be more boring than this if it is not properly executed, where's the car chase mission? where's the arena? (super sport series my ass) not to mention lots of broken stuff and fugly cars, i would have to say no,

Spoiler

• alkaline_ likes this

III-Ari-III
  • III-Ari-III

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago

This is one of the worst dlcs ever, after one of the best dlcs ever! which was doomsday heist..

Rockstar logic.

• GuiltySpark likes this

SneakERommel
  • SneakERommel

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's sh*t, i would imagine the tuner will be more boring than this if it is not properly executed, where's the car chase mission? where's the arena? (super sport series my ass) not to mention lots of broken stuff and fugly cars, i would have to say no,

Spoiler

No it's not. The supra looks rubbish with minimal mods, and no RX-7 or NSX.
But the Vapid GB200 is great and the Vapid flash GT looks awesome.
I was hoping for more from this dlc but it is what it is...... Just need some good double $ weeks before we get a decent dlc.
  • -KM-, alkaline_ and ryannata like this

ryannata
  • ryannata

Kancut Sobek

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Spoiler

No it's not. The supra looks rubbish with minimal mods, and no RX-7 or NSX.
But the Vapid GB200 is great and the Vapid flash GT looks awesome.
I was hoping for more from this dlc but it is what it is...... Just need some good double $ weeks before we get a decent dlc.

Good for you then , but to me the cars are like an unfinished stuff i wouldn't bother buying them except for the hotring and seasparrow only for a throwback, and yes it is poorly executed should have made a destruction derby bowl with that stunt properties with bloodring banger and a proper atv race like mx vs atv after all it's called a supersport series

Spoiler

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Some truly awesome cars here for me, but the races are just a snooze. After any 2x and the livery unlocks, these'll rot with Adv. Modes for me.

100% a keen racer, but never been one for NASCAR. Not against it/them being added or enjoyed of  course. Just not my bag.

The lack of garage spaces added/unlocked is very frustrating. Very surprised we never got more, IMHO.

• Rafae, Black Terminator, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

No new clothing!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

• Rafae, alkaline_ and KWF1981 like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Some truly awesome cars here for me, but the races are just a snooze. After any 2x and the livery unlocks, these'll rot with Adv. Modes for me.

100% a keen racer, but never been one for NASCAR. Not against it/them being added or enjoyed of  course. Just not my bag.

The lack of garage spaces added/unlocked is very frustrating. Very surprised we never got more, IMHO.

Here's hoping we get them as drip feed for this update 🤞
  • alkaline_, carnerd3000, KWF1981 and 1 other like this

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

When I saw the update downloading...
suQbnsh.gif

When I saw what was added...
Spoiler
  • Fluffy Sock, Judicious 7, AboveAndBeyoncé and 9 others like this

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

What killed this for me was not the content so much as the execution. For filler DLC I dont expect much but there were some real interesting choices made. The new cars are all broken and I think Rockstar is at the top of a very slippery slope there. These cars need to be fixed and have those new attributes removed or owning them is pointless. They feel so much worse than anything available the last 4 years. I hope a fix is on the way because right now, I wont spend a dime on anything with those new restrictions.

The Hotring races were a real missed opportunity. They didnt need to be boring, in the air, races with banked turns, they should have been IN the arena on short, fast tracks with different setups. Things like figure 8 races or even rally cross style events. Im fine with these races being a bit chaotic but on such large, slow tracks its just boring. I played 20 of them, unlocked my liveries (hate knowing theres something I havent unlocked) and I will never play them again. Theyre just not fun and theres no sense of speed.

Lastly, Rockstar has completely missed an opportunity to add new freemode, cannonball run style race events to the mix. Imagine launching a public race (think VIP or MC work) in a freemode session where a random starting corona is put on the map and anyone with any car can enter and join the race (excluding flying and weaponized of course). 90% of those mechanics are already in play, why not add something race themed like that to a race themed update? Id love to race in a public lobby with supers, muscles, sports, bikes and off-road in one mad dash to a finish line, you choose the path. Soooo simple...yet none existent.

So yeah, just broken cars, a terrible set of stunt races and no real motivation to keep playing. Less than two days in and Ive already put the controller away. Ill be back when the new cars are fixed...until then.
  • Rafae and R3CON like this

DeezyGaming
  • DeezyGaming

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well after reading the op I have to agree, there is a lot of missed opportunity with this dlc. I hope the new jetpack and other races will be just as fun when they come out. Also some of the vehicles look cool and bring back memories thats about it. I would love to have seen demo derbies and bike trials from previous gta titles but what do you expect from R* these days, they barely listen to their own community imo. For now its an okay filler dlc until the next big update comes out.

• carnerd3000 and just do it bob3 like this

carnerd3000
  • carnerd3000

Car Collector, Racer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just came back from doing more Hotring races. One thing I realized is that because the tracks are shorter and easier, it's easier for the reverse-direction trolls to get you. It's bullsh*t, but that's how a lot of this community operates, unfortunately.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

I really don't like this whole "racetrack in the sky" sh*t, they spend f*cking like 5 years making this amazing detailed map and then are just like "f*ck our cool map let's just suspend some lackluster sh*t in the air"

• varulven, irish.chr, Mrs. Buzz and 1 other like this

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by just do it bob1, 4 weeks ago.

I really don't like this whole "racetrack in the sky" sh*t, they spend f*cking like 5 years making this amazing detailed map and then are just like "f*ck our cool map let's just suspend some lackluster sh*t in the air"

I agree. That's the main problem and why I decided to shine attention on the older tracks from the 3D era.

As to everyone who is complaining about the lack of poll options, I'm going to add another. After all, I did promise I would listen to you guys and edit the thread accordingly, and that's exactly what I'm trying to do. If you have any complaints or ideas, please reply them! I am willing to listen! 

Edit: I added two more poll options, so if you weren't able to participate before based on your views, I think I might have been able to satisfy you. Again, if you have any ideas feel free to reply or PM me. 

• Cutter De Blanc, LeakyLine, Opzeker and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users