Crashing after new updates

106 replies to this topic
lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

would it help to delete in the documents folder under rockstar games the gta-folder and the social-club-folder?

its a shame (again)!

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

I delete it everytime before i start playing, so no it doesn`t help with the problem but i still do it because the game starts stuttering if there is to much trash in the temp folders etc.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:14 PM

interesting you notice the stuttering...

in my opinion it stutters at me too, in the first ~20 Secs of the game.

mostly you are under shower or in bed and get up. then it stutters.

i think that was not normal, even when i compare to my 144hz monitor -_-

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:54 PM Edited by Mexicola9302, 14 April 2018 - 02:07 PM.

GTA always stutters a bit in higher settings it`s a open world thing it happens in all open world games that involve driving around at higher speeds. Because it has to load the world from the harddrive into the ram and v-ram. I play SLI and because of that it stutters a tiny bit more than for single gpu users the difference is minor and barely noticable but it`s still there.

I hope at some point in the future we can just load the whole game into the ram and then the harddrives never gets touched while playing then only ram, v-ram matter.

I only have 32 GB ram imagine you had 256 GB ram you could theoretically load the whole game into the ram. It would eliminate all stuttering completely.

A shame that 128 GB Ram cost around 1550€ GTA V would fit onto it with it`s 74.2 GB. :D

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

i had to reinstall windows 10 again, because i have been fooled be the suggestion to delete the %temp% folder.

D.O.N.T.. D.O.. T.H.I.S.

but im curious, because now i have to reinstall GTA again, if this will be a solution.

if not its 1000000% clearly a problem caused by R*

n0rmenS
  • n0rmenS

Player Hater

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't play this stupid game for more than 1 month just because I have same problem. I don't f*cking understand WHY DOES DEVELOPERS CAN'T FIX this sh*t!?!?! :@

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't play this stupid game for more than 1 month just because I have same problem. I don't f*cking understand WHY DOES DEVELOPERS CAN'T FIX this sh*t!?!?! :@

Maybe because the problem has to affect everybody, or the majority, for them to even consider fixing it? I dunno. What I'm saying here is no help to you, but there's plenty of people playing just fine so I don't know what's up. :/

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mexicola9302, 4 weeks ago.

i had to reinstall windows 10 again, because i have been fooled be the suggestion to delete the %temp% folder.

D.O.N.T.. D.O.. T.H.I.S.

but im curious, because now i have to reinstall GTA again, if this will be a solution.

if not its 1000000% clearly a problem caused by R*

You shouldn`t just delete the temp folder that was a big mistake.

Use this tool https://de.gta5-mods...remover-utility to delete your gta v temp and cache and social club data.

And you can use this http://www.chip.de/d...r_16317939.html to delete windows temp files safely without breaking your OS.

But you don`t have to delete any windows cache or temp files for gta. Using the STCE Utility Tool is enough to clear the gta cache and temp and social club data. You only have to do 3 clicks to delete all of it. But you have to re enter your emailadress and password everytime you clear the data.

I haven't reinstalled my OS in years i only installed it clean one time and that's it. Why would it help with any problem if the OS itself is stable and good to reinstall it i don't understand.

You can always run the command prompt (Eingabeaufforderung) as admin. And use these commands "sfc /scannow", "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth", "chkdsk C: /f". Without the ". All these commands can be used in the command prompt to check your OS for any corrupt files and errors it will repair it automaticly.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

actually everything runs fine again. as we played the last time together you crashed before me.

im doing some stuff in that lobby and went offline. WITHOUT crash. anyway i quit GTA for now.

as i reinstalled my windows i wanted to have a basic good backup, without GTA on the drives.

(i didnt know i can except folders) so i deinstalled GTA again and just not installed for no.

even it would runs perfect again, i realise for myself, GTA dont make much fune for me anymore.

the SSASS DLC was just the nail on the coffin. ok, the vespucci mode sounds funny. but for how long?

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

My game is semi-stable again i can play up to 8 hours without crashes.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

lol, semi. thats isnt really something worth. in my opninio there are only two sides: it works, it not works.

before SSASSS it worked, after SSASSS its not worked. equal if crashs after 30min, 1h or 8h.

btw, you are playing 8h in a row?! thats crazy :-P

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

ok, i have a fresh windows and a fresh install. still crashs after ca. 20min.

i am done with that sh*t.

wixud
  • wixud

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

ok, i have a fresh windows and a fresh install. still crashs after ca. 20min.

i am done with that sh*t.

Well need wait patch 1.44 then maybe it will fixed.

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

I was able to play for days without crashes and then yesterday it started to crash again no idea why. Now files are getting corrupted again. Im so sick of it.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

i was a longt time (even till now) with the support. they gave many tipps and they seems to want to solve it.

2 days ago i deactivated everything, no GTA cloudsaving, set my monitor down to 60hz and disconnected usb ports.

strangely i could play 2h in a row. on the next day it crashs after 10mins. so i followed the tipps of R*.

i should deactivate everything in the background. make a clean windows start. NEVER AGAIN.

as i done that windows booted blank i couldnt do anything. i was shocked and prepared for a reinstall of windows!

luckily after 15mins (?) windows booted so i can start GTA. badly. it doesnt crash and i could quit normally.

OK yes, something in connection of the PC and GTA is corrupted, but ist THIS the solution?! NO WAY.

i wont manipulate my system that nothing is running, only to can play this sh*tty game! the game files proceed it.

so why i must change my perfect running system, when R* is unable to program stable data files?! PAH.

in the next days i try the low tests again, like on the test 3 days ago. but then i am bored of that stuff.

gta isnt even fun anymore, so why i must break me now a spike out of my crown. gta is dead. humpf

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted A week ago

Yeah it's strange you guys are still experiencing issues - it doesn't seem to be widespread though but it's hardly ideal if you can't even play the damn thing. Wonder if the game purchase can be refunded as "not working as intended / faulty / didn't last minimum expected period". 

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

online is free content. no chances for refund.

we paid the story mode and we get the story mode.

ill just login everyday to get my money (and till crash).

fun to play is dead since month ago, so its not hard at all.

it would be worst if i just bought the game brand fresh.

maybe i can spent my 23kk in the last DLC again.

but its time to look for other games. cest la vie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users