The GTAO: Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series

504 replies to this topic
Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:58 PM

Out of the 16 vehicles I'm only interested in like five.. XXR, Taipan, Ellie, Dom GTX and Jester Classic. Meh, I probably shouldn't be expecting too much at this point in Online's lifecycle.

Bring on RDR2.
  • IamCourtney and KWF1981 like this

Capt_Of_Wolves
  • Capt_Of_Wolves

You're average wolf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

Did they add any neat little features in the game? 

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

The Fagaloa brings back childhood memories of riding around with my grandpa in his Fagaloa the speed isn't actually half bad for it being a "classic" but the headlights are a little wonky to the point where you can see more with the low beams rather than the high beams

49364d1ea04aecb515782f0ebb3b52f1.png

It has a decent amount of mods but some shouldn't be an option such as the Fog Lights you have the option of adding fog lights that belong on a Sport vehicle not a classic

giphy.gif

• Heavy Duty Ziplock likes this

THE_RUSTYRAT_39
  • THE_RUSTYRAT_39

Vintage Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:00 PM Edited by THE_RUSTYRAT_39, 20 March 2018 - 02:01 PM.

As for changes there are none that I've noticed, we will know more once the changelog is added.

WarZoneTheDriver
  • WarZoneTheDriver

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

Are customs hotrings used in races? Should I buy one and upgrade it?

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

No new clothes, hairstyles, or tattoos. So the Rockford Hills Ponsonby's saleswoman, hairstylist around the block, and the Vinewood Hills tattoo artist all mysteriously died in their businesses.

• alkaline_ likes this

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

I can't say for certain, it's just a feeling at this stage but, It seems the driver AI is a bit smarter since last update ? I blocked a road near the bar at sandy shore, and instead of piling and spamming horns they just avoided me relatively quickly (only the first car got stuck for few seconds then all avoided me cleanly)

CuteFaceJay
  • CuteFaceJay

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

That's a lotta new cars BOIIIIIIIII!

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

It took c* 3 months to come up with a few "hold accelerator button to win" races? This is the worst dlc. This is an insult to gta online. This is possibly the last year of the game before most of the focus moves to red dead online and a sh*tty filler update is the best c* can do?

• StormerBoy likes this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:11 PM Edited by nido997, 20 March 2018 - 02:12 PM.

bought the Entity XXR and the Vapid GB200 , so far so good ... definitely getting the Flash GT , Tezeract and Jester classic once they release them 

for the rest , I´ll check some reviews , maaaaybe I´ll get some of them ...

and R* just brought the most boring motorsport racing into GTA : Nascar (no offence to all Nascar fans , it´s just so boring ) ... played just one Hotring race and It will be the last time .... plus you HAVE to own the new customised Sabre in all hotring races in order to be able to win ... no pls ....

very excited about the upcoming Transform and special vehicle races though!

• imdabeast2114 and BionicMass2806 like this

Verstappen
  • Verstappen

Por favor mant幯ganse alejado de las puertas

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Spoiler
It has a decent amount of mods but some shouldn't be an option such as the Fog Lights you have the option of adding fog lights that belong on a Sport vehicle not a classic

giphy.gif

Thats not for off road rallies and such. More like classic road rallys, which is more or less a road trip with multiple cars and sometimes a few time trials. These are the type of cars used for this, any old classic.
  • hei3enberg and Blondude like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

It took c* 3 months to come up with a few "hold accelerator button to win" races? This is the worst dlc. This is an insult to gta online. This is possibly the last year of the game before most of the focus moves to red dead online and a sh*tty filler update is the best c* can do?

Calm thyself.  This update does nothing for me too but it's not "an insult to gta online," it's the same kind of filler update they do almost every spring.  And no one knows if RDR2 will put an end to GTA Online's updates or not.  If people keep playing it and cash cards keep selling, I don't see that it will.

• Jenkiiii likes this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

Wow, unless this little nugget is suppose to tide us over for something big this summer, I'm afraid to say that the end may be near for GTA.  The DD Heist had a finale feel to it to begin with.  With RDR 2 right around the corner, and most likely GTA 6 in the planning stages, I can't imagine too much resources being put in this 5 year old game.  But then again, if Shark Card sales are still strong, I'm sure we'll still get little things like this.

• KWF1981 likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit
  • Solomon-Islands

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Thats not for off road rallies and such. More like classic road rallys, which is more or less a road trip with multiple cars and sometimes a few time trials. These are the type of cars used for this, any old classic.

True, Forgot about those they just don't look natural to me at all and a major turn off really

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Um, ok. 🤔 I'm just in the middle on this one. A take it or leave it, feeling.

FelipeSCCP
  • FelipeSCCP

Original Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

This dripfeed kills everything...
  • LT. Ronald C. Spiers and Sentinel Driver like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

With Rockstar it's almost always too good to be true. Can't have the sunshine without the rain.

LT. Ronald C. Spiers
  • LT. Ronald C. Spiers

"Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Let's be honest, i don't think we will be seeing big DLCs like DoomsDay Heist, Smuggler's Run anymore, i think that for the rest of this game's life, small updates like this one are going to be the only ones

TBH, I think R* are wanting this game to die a death, or just aren't interested anymore. This is the fifth year now, a fairly long time to focus on any one thing. I think there's still a big update or two left in the old girl yet, but eventually we'll have to accept that it just isn't the way it used to be.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:31 PM

Let's be honest, i don't think we will be seeing big DLCs like DoomsDay Heist, Smuggler's Run anymore, i think that for the rest of this game's life, small updates like this one are going to be the only ones

TBH, I think R* are wanting this game to die a death, or just aren't interested anymore. This is the fifth year now, a fairly long time to focus on any one thing. I think there's still a big update or two left in the old girl yet, but eventually we'll have to accept that it just isn't the way it used to be.

Maybe? But I think it's too early to make that call.  The spring update being a big blah nothing is practically an annual tradition.  The only other pieces of information we really have are that this update took slightly longer than usual to arrive, and that RDR2 is coming this year (unless delayed again).  Either of those could be meaningful, or not.

If GTA Online is entering its twilight years, that won't bother me.  I've gotten my fill of it and then some.  But I don't think we can yet predict exactly what they're going to do, certainly not on the basis of one lackluster DLC.  We've had those before and they were still followed by bigger updates later.  In fact the updates from just last year, after the spring filler update, were cumulatively the biggest in the game's existence, I think.  Not individually, but as a group they really brought a lot more content than any group of updates before.

Elektra
  • Elektra

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Looks like a couple nice cars, its more like the drip feed dlc 🤪
  • alkaline_ and Happy Hunter like this

rebeldevil
  • rebeldevil

Alcohol-fueled Smartass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

So I'm testing all the new cars in the Creator.

First: Fagaloa. Um.. it's not pretty, it's not fast, and it doesn't handle particularly well out of the box. It's able to take most corners on Vangelico Sprint flat-out, mostly because it's not going fast enough to understeer. On the few tight turns where brakes are required, a quick dab is about all that's needed. It's cheap, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.

Next, the Hotring Sabre. First, this is NOT the best track to drive this car on. It's stupid fast in a straight line, but the brakes aren't the greatest and cornering is not really its strong suit. You have to really manhandle this car. It's clearly much happier going around in steady circles than making all these tight turns.

Third is the GB200. Flickable is the adjective that comes to mind right away. Tiny, short wheelbase, mid-engined and 4WD. It just goes where you point it. It accelerates like it's been hit by a dump truck and while it can get a little nervous over bumpy roads, it generally sticks like glue. Really good brakes and razor-sharp cornering make this thing an absolute gem, and the best car I've driven so far.

The Taipan is a little odd.  After driving the GB200, the Taipan felt slower than it actually is. This is probably because the Taipan is a much more stable car overall than the GB200. That got me into a fair bit of trouble in a couple of corners until I got used to the way the Taipan builds speed. It feels better planted to the road and has plenty of grip. Thank God the brakes are up to the task of hauling this thing down. Overall, for a super it's pretty good. Might not be the absolute best out there, but I liked it.

By contrast to the Taipan, the Entity XXR feels EVERY BIT as fast as it is. Like every other Overflod, the XXR has either too much power or not enough traction, so it's idiotically fast and likes to bring the tail end around if you look at it cross-eyed. If you aren't expecting it, it is going to bite you in the ass. This is not a car for ham-handed amateurs.

• J1M likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:40 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 20 March 2018 - 02:41 PM.

it is the dripfeed that allows you to finish one and already have another Dlc dropping, it is also a way for players to keep coming back online to play the game each week, so the lobbys dont get empty like other online games with the same age

so probably the other way around...

• les999 and Blondude like this

AgentPlum
  • AgentPlum

Lester Crest is my Dad

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

So basically months of new cars and racing. As someone who doesnt collect cars or replay enjoys racing that is me done for a while.
  • StormerBoy likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit
  • England

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:47 PM Edited by KWF1981, 20 March 2018 - 02:48 PM.

Is there a list/link to all this DLC's cars with class too, only got my note pad out, lol.

Need to have a reshuffle. :(
  • alkaline_ likes this

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

Idk how I feel about this one....I might buy the entity, smallest update Ive seen usually 4gb this is only little over 1gb

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit
  • Solomon-Islands

If R* is indeed working on GTA VI with a possible release date around 2021/2022 they might release two decent size update (one a year) with smaller updates pocking the rest just to breath enough life into it until VI launch because with no "Life being breathed into the game" people will stop playing and that means shark cards cashflow will dry up so they'll do enough to keep folks amused til it's time to put it to pasture like IV

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Bunta Fujiwara

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

A spicy new update? And new amazing cars to go for?

I'll take them! Especially the Hotring Sabre. :D

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Idk how I feel about this one....I might buy the entity, smallest update Ive seen usually 4gb this is only little over 1gb

Updates have never been anywhere close to 4GB, the most was DD with around 2.7.

1GB represents everything in this update, including the drip feed. Not just the stuff we got today.

idonknowhow
  • idonknowhow

Homie

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

At least they fixed lowrider hitting glitch.

JManReviews
  • JManReviews

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

So I bought 10 Hotrings (don't ask) for a difference in each race and I keep choosing different ones but it keeps giving me the same one is there a way to fix this? by like switching garage spots or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users