Photo

Hotring Sabre Appreciation Thread

251 replies to this topic
Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 3 weeks ago.

I hate how clutch kicking this thing makes it slower. It's just such a nuisance, because I've gotten so used to clutch kicking most of my cars. Rockstar need to fix their sh*t.

That advanced flags thing is not only detrimental to the new cars performance, it's also useless.

You can curb boost in this thing for days.

I've noticed you can't clutch kick the Viseris anymore as well. What the f*ck are they doing? Why do they love finding new ways to f*ck everything up?

It's all over the forums I am suprised you haven't noticed. All of the cars in this update are like that plus the Viseris.

All of the cars have significantly reduced performance due to some new stuff they put into the code. Many of us think it will be removed due to all the complaints.

But the Viseris wasn't even part of this update; it was part of the Doomsday Heist update, and that's what baffles me. I'm well aware that the cars in this update are affected by something in the handling files, but the Viseris isn't part of this update. Its top speed was nerfed in this update, yes, but for some reason, they messed up its ability to clutch kick. I thought this issue only affected the cars from this update? Unless the top speed patch somehow caused it, because prior to the Viseris' patch, you could clutch kick it.

• Mach1bud likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hate how clutch kicking this thing makes it slower. It's just such a nuisance, because I've gotten so used to clutch kicking most of my cars. Rockstar need to fix their sh*t.

That advanced flags thing is not only detrimental to the new cars performance, it's also useless.

You can curb boost in this thing for days.

I've noticed you can't clutch kick the Viseris anymore as well. What the f*ck are they doing? Why do they love finding new ways to f*ck everything up?
It's all over the forums I am suprised you haven't noticed. All of the cars in this update are like that plus the Viseris.

All of the cars have significantly reduced performance due to some new stuff they put into the code. Many of us think it will be removed due to all the complaints.

But the Viseris wasn't even part of this update; it was part of the Doomsday Heist update. Its top speed was nerfed in this update, but for some reason, they messed up its ability to clutch kick. I thought this issue only affected the cars from this update?

All the update cars plus the Viseris. It did not get the same new lines of code as the new cars, but has all the identical symptoms. Lower top speed. Short shifting. Slows down over bumps. Clutch kicking gone. Has bouncy suspension now.

So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars.
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

All the update cars plus the Viseris. It did not get the same new lines of code as the new cars, but has all the identical symptoms. Lower top speed. Short shifting. Slows down over bumps. Clutch kicking gone. Has bouncy suspension now.

So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars.

Well, the Viseris did feel weird when driving it after the update, so you have a point there. It reached top speed quite fast, too, since it skipped gears, which is what indicates the shirt shifting, I believe?

"So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars."

Exactly what I'm thinking. The patch somehow gave the Viseris the SSASSS vehicle symptoms.

"Slows down over bumps"

By bumps, do you mean curbs, also? Because from what I've seen, you can still curb boost perfectly fine with the Hotring. Not sure about the cars, though.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mach1bud, 3 weeks ago.

Well, the Viseris did feel weird when driving it after the update, so you have a point there. It reached top speed quite fast, too, since it skipped gears, which is what indicates the shirt shifting, I believe?

"So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars."

Exactly what I'm thinking. The patch somehow gave the Viseris the SSASSS vehicle symptoms.

"Slows down over bumps"

By bumps, do you mean curbs, also? Because from what I've seen, you can still curb boost perfectly fine with the Hotring. Not sure about the cars, though.
Yes curb boosting. Ironically the Hotring is one of the only cars that does not have that one particular line of code that makes it slow down over bumps. Idk why they ommited it like that specifically. All the rest, the new supers, GB200, Ellie, and Viseris slow down when they hit bumps. You can literally hear the engine cut out for a second.

Here is the topic all about it. If you watch the two videos in the OP they show what Rockstar has done pretty well.

http://gtaforums.com...vehicles/page-1
  • Arrows to Athens and carnerd3000 like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

"Slows down over bumps"

Yes curb boosting. Ironically the Hotring is one of the only cars that does not have that one particular line of code that makes it slow down over bumps. Idk why they ommited it like that specifically. All the rest, the new supers, GB200, Ellie, and Viseris slow down when they hit bumps. You can literally hear the engine cut out for a second.

Here is the topic all about it. If you watch the two videos in the OP they show what Rockstar has done pretty well.

http://gtaforums.com...vehicles/page-1

Man, Rockstar is stupid.

Gt3655
  • Gt3655

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

This car looks great. I competed in hotring races.. if only the majority of randoms I encounter weren't trash I'd enjoy the races more. Oh well

Bravado Buffalo
  • Bravado Buffalo

900R

• Members
  • Latvia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Bravado Buffalo, 2 weeks ago.

Burger Shot livery looks nice.

41278968841_3756632cb1_o_d.png

26407101447_85534a5f29_o_d.png

41235649202_c15bce3eb1_o_d.png

27406384638_d4dbe0d4d7_o_d.png

Spoiler
  • Carrythxd, Arrows to Athens, Verstappen and 1 other like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by AUScowboy, 2 weeks ago.

I love this car, and when they fix clutch dropping/midrange speed boost it will be PERFECT. I spent most of my time driving the Hotring on the courses R* made for it, I was surprised by how fun it is to drive in street races once you master using it's downforce in larger corners. It's like a faster, much more manageable Drift Tampa in regards to handling while driving in races around a course. Hopefully they remove the flags and it'll feel even better..
  • Terrazi Terrajin likes this

nmk111
  • nmk111

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago

bm3kKvz.jpg

Ln017Mr.jpg

ReE7k9t.jpg

1VzbLYC.jpg

qI2K0dt.jpg

zjIqTXM.jpg

8CO6RxL.jpg

ZLsooaC.jpg

• Carrythxd, CrysisAverted, scaldy78 and 5 others like this

SAS_Intruder
  • SAS_Intruder

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

My only complaint is, like with most racing cars, that we didn't get civilian or stock version. I would really enjoy this car in its stock form.
  • Arrows to Athens and Verstappen like this

GreatestBrand
  • GreatestBrand

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Late to the party here, but very cool to see a thread for this. Definitely my favorite car. Literally bought 1 of every paintscheme. Love doing the races, just wish they were on more realistic tracks. Looking for people to race with on xbox.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 6 days ago Edited by CrysisAverted, 6 days ago.

My only complaint is, like with most racing cars, that we didn't get civilian or stock version. I would really enjoy this car in its stock form.

But its already, literally; a stock car :^)

yPWn7xP.png?1
  • Arrows to Athens, Kushology, Verstappen and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users