Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do ballas and Grove street exist in real life?

4 replies to this topic
GN10Gaming
  • GN10Gaming

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

I was curious to find out if they exist in real life or not, no results about it on Google.

All I got was a video called "BALLAS GANG" which looked like ballas in real life singing a song.

Are they real ballas or not?

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

No, they're not real gangs, but they are based on real-life gangs in Los Angeles like the Bloods and Crips.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:08 PM

No. Could you imagine what would happen to Rockstar if they used real life gangs? It would be terrible! Dan Houser would be beaten with a shovel by some Crips while a couple of Bloods grab Sam by the legs and spin around and then let go so he flies into a wall.

There's also a dozen or so Grove Streets irl but if they have any gangs on them, I don't know.

• lol232, Zello and Big_Smiley like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:48 AM

I was curious to find out if they exist in real life or not, no results about it on Google.

All I got was a video called "BALLAS GANG" which looked like ballas in real life singing a song.
Are they real ballas or not?

No they are not - well definitely not the kind imagined by Rockstar.

But their creation by Rockstar was directly inspired by, and loosely based on the real life Bloods and Crips. However there are real life, small sub-sets of Bloods and Crips in LA that sport green and purple gang colours - the Lime Street Pirus (Bloods that wear green) and the Grape Street Crips (they wear purple).
  • Big_Smiley likes this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

bomb the white house

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • GoSquared
  • Best Crew 2017 [Spanish Kings]
    Best Writing 2017 [Red Triangle]
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:31 AM Edited by slimeball supreme, 20 March 2018 - 06:31 AM.

im pretty sure youre referring to this video:

which is basically just a music video filmed by members of the grape street crips (which they namedrop) with the title ballas gang. basically the same with other ones titled similar, its just videos by a real life gang that wears these colours with the gang name as the title. as others in the thread have said the ballas and families are based on the crips and bloods (tho which is which is up to interpretation) tho real bloods and crips sets wear green and purple as war colors respectively - particularly, as OG above me said, the lime street piru and grape street crips
  • Official General likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users