Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else really proud to not have used any money glitches or exploits?

141 replies to this topic
SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I did the ancient infinite car resale glitch back in the day. Something about pausing and going to the Playstation store or maybe switching characters. I can't remember. You'd pull into a garage do a couple things while selling the car but get to keep the car and resell.

Made a few million that got spent on items I no longer own or use.

I don't fault anyone for using money making glitches just like I don't blame anyone for purchasing Shark Cards.

Most of us on new generation consoles already paid for this game TWICE and a lot of players only got PS+ to play GTA because we were forced to by Sony.

So that's at least $150 in RL money.

Who gives a crap if someone wants to glitch to get something in game that costs stupid amounts of money.

Remember too that R* have shameless price gauged and added features that exist solely to drain online money.
  • HailHydra likes this

Mistermilan07
  • Mistermilan07

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 4 weeks ago

I will never glitch
I do not want to be rich
I set goals i achieve myself
Some own all planes but cant fly even 1 decently.
  • Coranub likes this

MadTitanThanos
  • MadTitanThanos

Mad Titan, Master, Thanos Rex, Masterlord, Overmaster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't judge anyone for glitching or what have you.  To each their own.  I don't.  

What I do disagree with though is this narrative casually thrown about here and elsewhere that R* is some evil entity here to gouge us out of our money.  That's a load of sh*t.  I have everything I want in this game, and I've bought 2-3 small Shark cards ever in the history of GTA Online.  That's 4 years now.  The entire point of GTA Online is that "grind" that gets tossed around.  You're supposed to be a hustling ass criminal who's pulling together every job you can to earn the material items you want.  That's all it is.  To make it balanced, sh*t needs to be set at a certain price point to make your rewards harder to attain.    It's not rocket science. 

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't judge anyone for glitching or what have you.  To each their own.  I don't.  

What I do disagree with though is this narrative casually thrown about here and elsewhere that R* is some evil entity here to gouge us out of our money.  That's a load of sh*t.  I have everything I want in this game, and I've bought 2-3 small Shark cards ever in the history of GTA Online.  That's 4 years now.  The entire point of GTA Online is that "grind" that gets tossed around.  You're supposed to be a hustling ass criminal who's pulling together every job you can to earn the material items you want.  That's all it is.  To make it balanced, sh*t needs to be set at a certain price point to make your rewards harder to attain.    It's not rocket science. 

Highly insulting reply

Perhaps you'd be better at getting your point across is you took a second and typed out a thoughtful reply.

Because I read yours and thought "wow this guy kinda sucks, man" 😐
  • elfoam likes this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

that R* is some evil entity here to gouge us out of our money.  That's a load of sh*t. 

To make it balanced, sh*t needs to be set at a certain price point to make your rewards harder to attain.

what

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Foreverpast, 4 weeks ago.

.  To make it balanced, sh*t needs to be set at a certain price point to make your rewards harder to attain.    It's not rocket science. 

The problem is, it's not really a reward when some people can just spend extra real money to get the same thing you grind/work for.

Remember back when the only heavy duty weaponized vehicles were from the classic Heists & you had to complete certain parts to unlock the ability to buy them?

That's a real reward & balance; having to unlock the ability to buy things, then it doesn't matter how someone gets the in-game cash to purchase it.

However R* threw balance under the bus in exchange for making everything purchasable immediately with ridiculous prices, their intention has nothing to do with balance & rewards for hard work. It's not speculation, it's proof via how they changed purchasing abilities over time.

• Coranub, KWF1981 and HamwithCheese like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

To make it balanced, sh*t needs to be set at a certain price point to make your rewards harder to attain.    It's not rocket science. 

You need to balance things in multiple dimensions. If you link all your game balance to the price of the in-game item, you will fail.

The game should feel balanced even when players own everything.

You're supposed to be a hustling ass criminal who's pulling together every job you can to earn the material items you want.  That's all it is.

No, it's not.

• Foreverpast, KWF1981 and Killer Whale like this

SprinklesMcFartza
  • SprinklesMcFartza

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Last time I did was the "dead hooker" glitch. Earned 15mill when I was almost broke after the money wipe in the early days. But I continued grinding and buying everything. Was at 50 mill when the bunkers came out, it's been a decline since, back down to 15mill now. I'm not able to buy everything I want now. So I might start duping or something to get back up to 50mill. They just make it real hard and time consuming to earn enough to keep up with prices. At this point I hardly play gta, to many kick ass games are out right now, no time to grind like I used to.

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Um

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ireland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Anyway excuse me. The forced update this morning means I'm trying >9000 different workarounds for the glitch they patched. Probably 100% don't work. But I'm gonna be working all day to find a new one. So yeah, you earn what you earn, I'll earn what I earn, bet I earn a lot more. That's all I got lol. Play on.

'They' found one that got unpatched. Lzzzzz

BowdonUK
  • BowdonUK

GTA OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

The people who use glitches and other cheats are losers.

To be successful at a game you have to play it well. Shortcutting might get you more money and pay for whatever but you never earned it and you will never have the same appreciation for them that someone else who earned the money and bought it would.

Obvious troll post is obvious. That would be like saying everyone who doesn't do dupe glitches are a bunch of trilby hat wearing neckneards living in their mum's basement using video games to define their self worth. Or something liek that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway excuse me. The forced update this morning means I'm trying >9000 different workarounds for the glitch they patched. Probably 100% don't work. But I'm gonna be working all day to find a new one. So yeah, you earn what you earn, I'll earn what I earn, bet I earn a lot more. That's all I got lol. Play on.

You miss the point of my post.

The money doesnt matter as long as I can buy what I want.

I don't mind people finding glitches. Breaking games etc. Thats what we did in the old days.

The people who repeat glitches for money over and over shouldn't complain about how expensive things are, as you have created a false economy in the game.

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've been playing since the fall of the start up and I've never glitched, duped, or cheated in any way.  Every dollar I've had or spent came from legitimate grinding.

I don't personally care if anyone else has.  But I do find it funny or eye roll worthy when I see people brag about their "millions" or call others "peasants" when they didn't get their money by legitimate reasons.

I will say this.......as a solo player, up until the doomsday DLC I had always grinded enough to buy whatever I wanted.  But with that one, I had to experience my first bit of "waiting" for something, which I didn't like.  The prices are pretty ridiculous now.  So that said, I think I've backed off my "righteousness" and would do a glitch today if I knew about it.

idonknowhow
  • idonknowhow

Homie

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've been playing since the fall of the start up and I've never glitched, duped, or cheated in any way.  Every dollar I've had or spent came from legitimate grinding.

I don't personally care if anyone else has.  But I do find it funny or eye roll worthy when I see people brag about their "millions" or call others "peasants" when they didn't get their money by legitimate reasons.

I will say this.......as a solo player, up until the doomsday DLC I had always grinded enough to buy whatever I wanted.  But with that one, I had to experience my first bit of "waiting" for something, which I didn't like.  The prices are pretty ridiculous now.  So that said, I think I've backed off my "righteousness" and would do a glitch today if I knew about it.

There is solo duplication glitch now. But you need facility, avenger with vehicle mod shop, office with mod shop, and MOC if you don't have custom plate.

psymin
  • psymin

mayoor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA: Online
Glitch rich or die grinding.
  • Kushology, deadx23, DentureDynamite and 2 others like this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

People are weird. When I bought my copy of the game back in 2013, I was never forced into signing any papers that said I give up my life.

Regardless if you're money is legit or illegal none of its real and never will be. I never seen so many people obsess over imaginary money like this. What are you saving it for if you're legit? If you glitching everyday,exactly how much money do you need?? Both types of players could have every dollar in the game and still would cry and complain while trying to justify excuses about a digital fantasy world.

What do your bank account look like in real? That's a better topic.
  • DentureDynamite likes this

Dacelo
  • Dacelo

Don't sweat it

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

What do your bank account look like in real? 

M3WRGrT.png

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

There's ways around all that.  I never do cargo unless I get a lobby to myself.  All you do is hop lobbies until it happens.

Weekends can be rough, but weekdays are usually fairly quick. 

having to hop lobbies or dick about with my internet simply in order to make making money possible is precisely the reason why i glitch.

also i'm pretty sure 90 percent of contact mission players are afk.

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mrnrfan182, 4 weeks ago.

Ive never been one for duping or glitching but there have been a couple of pretty easy, solo glitches over the years that were way too easy to pass up. Like the biker clubhouse glitch that duped your car just by parking it outside and going into the clubhouse, sitting on your bike then going back outside (or something like that). That was it, just like that you could sell a Benny car for a few hundred thousand and repeat until you were blue in the face (or out of garage space). Funny thing there though is I only did that a couple of times and immediately spent the money on items I never intended to buy, like options for my already owned yacht. There was also a super crazy glitch that gave you money by switching between characters...people made mega millions on that one. I only have one character and couldnt be bothered to make a second for the glitch.

What I dont understand is the obsession with owning everything. Thats not what its really about, at least not for me. You dont need every super car, every article of clothing, every plane, or even every business. If you really want to break it down, owning a bunker and an Import / Export garage will make you all the money you need. You dont even need more than three custom vehicles if youre really going the minimalist route. One Super, one Sports (the RH8 is free and still competitive), and one Bike (the Bati is dirt cheap and also still competitive) and thatll cover you for nearly every race people actually play.

All the bitching and moaning about how the game is a grind and how you need to cheat to get anything but what are you getting? Hell I use like three guns, almost every other gun I have is stashed in the locker. I race with the same three vehicles and my character has had the same suit and tie on for two years.

But yeah, cant say Im proud of my fake money or my fake digital possessions. I just like to wreak havoc on a digital world and laugh with my friends. If a super easy glitch comes along that involves little to no effort I might take advantage and buy random sh*t I probably would have skipped (I do own a sh*t ton of pointless Pegasus vehicles Ive never even driven because of the billionaire days) but if anything Im sort of ashamed Ive played this as much as I have. I probably could have taken up a better hobby and maybe made real life money by learning a new skill...
  • DentureDynamite and flexcreator like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

Playing a game about breaking the rules legit

• DentureDynamite likes this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

also i do appreciate the irony of violating the tous to make money instead of doing this stupid virtual crime stuff lol.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DentureDynamite, 4 weeks ago.

[snip]
But yeah, cant say Im proud of my fake money or my fake digital possessions. I just like to wreak havoc on a digital world and laugh with my friends. If a super easy glitch comes along that involves little to no effort I might take advantage and buy random sh*t I probably would have skipped (I do own a sh*t ton of pointless Pegasus vehicles Ive never even driven because of the billionaire days) but if anything Im sort of ashamed Ive played this as much as I have. I probably could have taken up a better hobby and maybe made real life money by learning a new skill...

I often ask myself that question--why am I sitting here earning fake money when I could be doing something useful IRL? *sigh* lol

...though I am getting better at using in-game cool downs to do just that. :)

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

[snip]

I often ask myself that question--why am I sitting here earning fake money when I could be doing something useful IRL? *sigh* lol

...though I am getting better at using in-game cool downs to do just that. :)

I've got myself a new hobby, soldering... I just sit here soldering up surface mount projects other people have invented... ordering parts, soldering more stuff, ordering more parts.. Then sell everything and start again. This isn't all that profitable, just about the same as going to work.. but it would be a pretty good lifestyle if you moved to Thailand and did it :)

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

So many salty broke players on this thread BTW.

I expected it but gawd it's bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users