This week in GTA Online: Double Cash in Bunker Series & Occupy Modes

119 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

So where are the rest of the liveries? Strange they released one last week but not the others?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:17 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 15 March 2018 - 05:33 AM.

So where are the rest of the liveries? Strange they released one last week but not the others?

I think it was likely a leftover that they opt'd out of releasing during this last festive event with the other livery releases.

Especially with 2 weeks of standard crap in a row now, they probably figured the livery would help disrupt the blandness.

On another note: hey R*, I'm turning 30 next Monday night, would appreciate you giving me a 2x Contact Mission & Survival week then.

lol.....one can dream right? Knowing fate it's going to be 2x deluxo gta races next week.

• StormerBoy likes this

ronbonjovi
  • ronbonjovi

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

I think it was likely a leftover that they opt'd out of releasing during this last festive event with the other livery releases.

Especially with 2 weeks of standard crap in a row now, they probably figured the livery would help disrupt the blandness.

On another note: hey R*, I'm turning 30 next Monday night, would appreciate you giving me a 2x Contact Mission & Survival week then.

lol.....one can dream right? Knowing fate it's going to be 2x deluxo gta races next week.

2x survival would be sweet. I used to grind the heck out of those back in the day. Would love to snag an easy 40k solo per round on the ol pier again.

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:49 PM Edited by Sentinel Driver, 15 March 2018 - 01:51 PM.

Akula on is discounted (imagine that the button says BUY in big bold letters)

Blank-Nut-Button.jpg

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

Hopefully this is the last (filler) event week before the next update :p
  • EVOLUT7ON likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:39 PM

Still mulling it over. 24 million in the bank. Is it worth spending 500k to have a Dump?

Just get one for free from the quarry. You'll be bored of it before 5 minutes are up (and the tyres will have popped after about 2).

• elfoam, DentureDynamite and rlk232 like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

Now every asshole is using an Akula :/

People with neon green Akulas trying to grief me
  • Dr.Rosenthal, rlk232 and BlanketGrinder like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:28 PM Edited by kenmy13999, 15 March 2018 - 05:30 PM.

Still mulling it over. 24 million in the bank. Is it worth spending 500k to have a Dump?

Just get one for free from the quarry. You'll be bored of it before 5 minutes are up (and the tyres will have popped after about 2).
I was driving over police cars and stuff around 10 minutes or so yesterday before the front tires started burning, several cars exploded when I was on top of them without me getting blown up. I'm actually surprised that it lasted a lot longer than I expected

You'll probably never get a better deal on it than now
  • KWF1981 and BlanketGrinder like this

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

2x survival would be sweet. I used to grind the heck out of those back in the day. Would love to snag an easy 40k solo per round on the ol pier again.

How do you mean by 40k per round?  You only get paid 30k for completing all 10 waves so if it were on double the most you could make is 60k plus whatever you could pick up from dead enemies though I'm not sure if they drop much cash (perhaps just snacks and ammo). 

GTAJJ
  • GTAJJ

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

If new content is the only reason you play GTAO you shouldn't even bother playing this game at all

Why not? I come on to experience something worth my time and hopefully profit from. Each second on GTAO is a money loss, from accidents, to Free roam killing/tryhards, to insurances, ammo. 45~ mins is a fake utility bill = more money sink. So I'm going to need a reason to go on there and not have my money decrease for literally being on the game. The dripfeed cars weren't even a warrant to go back on since they are useless in comparison to existing armoured, flying machines that roam around in the battlefield we call Los Santos. Last time I was on, was to collect my stimulus money.

This applies to any game, not just GTA FYI, no content no bother. If I've 100% a game, what is there to me to aim for? I move on until there is something worthy to do again.

I'll give you another no brainer, you're not the only person playing this game so even if you don't bother there'll still be lots of players, so your previous comment makes no sense..

Didn't say I was. Not sure where you assumed that but you're wrong. There are more easily pleased people who either enjoy grinding, random fun or whatever tickles their fancy. Maybe other people haven't achieved all the DD Heists yet so they have something to go back to. Content is the only reason this game is still on my system. If the game isn't staying competitive with the current market, I'm going to go to where I can experience new content.

What you can do is look at averages. Simply look at the Newswire and look at the "Rock it" Share by people on the posts. On average, Snapmatics are usually the lowest. A drip feed vehicle gets 1k/2k.  Money give outs are higher. Trailer for upcoming content are like 3k while this event sits at 300. If this doesn't show you, look at average opinions. Even on a fan site, it's not rated well.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:26 PM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 15 March 2018 - 08:15 PM.

That kind of logic is how I ended up with a Luxor Deluxe that I've flown once.

• rlk232 and KWF1981 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • England

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

That kinda of logic is how I ended up with a Luxor Deluxe that I've flown once.

Lol, ain't even got mine out yet, I don't think.

The helicopter I have, bloody quick too. But only nabbed both up as a 50% sale was on. That's the plan for any of the old nonsense I lost off my old account anyhow. No rush mind. (Though, the Dump here is far easier to write off at $500k, compared to $7.5m-odd, lol).

• kenmy13999 and Hellbendzor like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

That kind of logic is how I ended up with a Luxor Deluxe that I've flown once.
It's easier to look back and think that you wasted $500k instead or $1 mill as regular price and even better compared to the price of the deluxe
  • Jimbatron likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Foreverpast, 4 weeks ago.

Any reason to get the apc if I have the khanjali?

For uninterrupted land & sea travel yes.

Otherwise:

Firepower wise it's limited compared to the Khanjali, which has a better MG option & 2 independent grenade launcher systems.

As well you can be shot out of the APC, a drawback non-existent with the Khanjali.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

What you can do is look at averages. Simply look at the Newswire and look at the "Rock it" Share by people on the posts. On average, Snapmatics are usually the lowest. A drip feed vehicle gets 1k/2k.  Money give outs are higher. Trailer for upcoming content are like 3k while this event sits at 300. If this doesn't show you, look at average opinions. Even on a fan site, it's not rated well.

FYI, the Social Club isn't their number one spot for fans. They may have got 300-ish on their SC post, meanwhile on Twitter and Instagram they're raking in tens of thousands and for one logical reason; a lot more people use social media rather than visiting the Social Club.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

FYI, the Social Club isn't their number one spot for fans. They may have got 300-ish on their SC post, meanwhile on Twitter and Instagram they're raking in tens of thousands and for one logical reason; a lot more people use social media rather than visiting the Social Club.

The response multiplier is substantially larger yes, but the ratio in comparison with the other announcements still remains relatively the same.

Regardless where R* looks, they should be able to easily identify the types of events/announcements that are pulling the most favor.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bought myself a Bombushka.  It looks cool and I like that you can put a car (or your friends!) in the back of it.  But man, are they kidding with the speed of that thing?  Even with full engine upgrade it feels like the slowest aircraft in the game.  I'm surprised it can even take off when you don't use the JATO.

• Rafae likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Always Looking Good - In the City, the Suburbs, the Hood.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bought myself a Bombushka.  It looks cool and I like that you can put a car (or your friends!) in the back of it.  But man, are they kidding with the speed of that thing?  Even with full engine upgrade it feels like the slowest aircraft in the game.  I'm surprised it can even take off when you don't use the JATO.

I'm not going to click 'like' because you've bought yourself a donkey, bro. It doesn't even feel like it properly flies in air, but bottoms out unusually like a whale in water. If you take it out and compare it with a stock Titan you'll see how cut n' paste it is, and only serves as a collector piece because it has cool liveries and is BIG!

The Avenger on the other hand is everything the Bombushka should have been, and more. It's awesome in comparison and makes the Bombushka obsolete.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Nutduster, 4 weeks ago.

Yeah I love the Avenger. I just don't understand what they're thinking when they add these two so close to each other and one completely obsoletes the other. Why not make the Bombushka a little faster, a lot more armored, and most importantly have a really high bomb capacity to give it a unique function? What a waste.
  • Jenkiiii likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Always Looking Good - In the City, the Suburbs, the Hood.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Jenkiiii, 4 weeks ago.

Yeah I love the Avenger. I just don't understand what they're thinking when they add these two so close to each other and one completely obsoletes the other. Why not make the Bombushka a little faster, a lot more armored, and most importantly have a really high bomb capacity to give it a unique function? What a waste.

Shark cards, obviously.

> Release vehicle #1 first, which is new and hugely anticipated (but not very good).

> Release vehicle #2 shortly afterwards, which is much better.

Wasn't it the same with the Osiris and T20 after the original heists? Wait, Rockstar have been doing this for years? Never!

• Jimbatron and Rafae like this

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Homeboy

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 4 weeks ago

From a collector point of view, I don' t mind blowing my cash up on useless things in gta online... Yes, I bought both the golden deluxe vehicules when they were on 50% sale.(Still expensive IMWO though). And I bought the dump about a year ago, cos I just wanted to have it. No discount there. It's a collector's item for me... :-)

The bombushka is in the same category. A must have for the collector, but useless at first... Nowadays I do use it to bring the four deliverybikes (with the cop-ambush at first drop) in one single move to the delivery spot, whenever I'm 'lucky' to get that deliverymethod for my coke... Yes, sometimes you lose one bike (due to (in flight) damage), but it feels great to actually use that big bird, instead of driving so many miles on those four bikes... And something that drastically cuts the time ,needed to sell the coke,  just puts a big smile on my face... I can make better use of my time than driving these bikes, which I'm so fed up with.

And Jenk, don't insult the Osiris, man.... IMWO, for a noob driver, the Osiris is way easier to control than the T20. I remember when I first got them both, now almost three years ago, I hated the T20 with a vengeance... Being the noob I was back then, I just couldn't handle it properly... I was Always spinning out of control with it LOL...The Osiris at least gave me the feeling I could drive a little (which was not the case, but ok, I could at least take a turn in it). In hindsight after three years of using both and seeing how the T still holds its own today, it is indeed the better car... And yep, their tactics on releasing cars/vehicules hasn't changed one bit... All about emptying accounts (and refilling through the fish-transactions)... But for a collector it doesn't matter much... He/she eventually wants to own all... :-)

• KWF1981 likes this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I agree that shark cards are, as always, the root of all evils. But honestly the crappy aspects of the Bombushka feel like incompetence as much as anything else. It was reviewing poorly as soon as they released it. Even with the discount going, I can't imagine that many people have bothered to buy it due to poor word of mouth and high price. If they just made it better into a couple ways, but less good than the Avenger, they'd actually sell more of them - and thus more shark cards. They just shoot themselves in the foot sometimes due to not thinking things through.

A better Bombushka would mean a lot of players would feel like they have to own both, instead of buying the Avenger and ignoring its weak little brother. Meh. At least it looks pretty!
  • Hellbendzor and Ryancoke66 like this

Flyin_Japman
  • Flyin_Japman

Grove Street OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

But no double RP and $$ for Survival or Contact Missions, a.k.a. the only fun Jobs to do.

• irish.chr and ChaosUndead like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm gonna come right out and say it, triple money and rp on parachuting would be worth it just to see players actualy doing those jobs.
  • Hellbendzor likes this

BlanketGrinder
  • BlanketGrinder

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

Dump week. Will never forget this week. Trashmaster up next week?
  • Jimbatron likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Dump week. Will never forget this week. Trashmaster up next week?

Post Op Van on 90% discount just to see if players buy it.
  • Jimbatron and BlanketGrinder like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 4 weeks ago

I had a full-priced Dump four years ago, and it just wasn't satisfying in the way you'd expect a million dollar Dump to be  :lol: .

I did it. I gave in to the lure of a stupid discount. :blush: I bought the Dump.

• Winonas, DentureDynamite, kenmy13999 and 2 others like this

BlanketGrinder
  • BlanketGrinder

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

@Jimbatron worth it!
  • Jimbatron, Winonas, kenmy13999 and 1 other like this

Winonas
  • Winonas

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Winonas, 4 weeks ago.

Jimbatron, thank you for sharing your tale. The Dump was very entertaining.
  • Jimbatron, KWF1981 and BlanketGrinder like this

Derphoe
  • Derphoe

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Worst event in a while... some decent discounts on worthy items but not much else. Seeya next week!! Maybe...

I was just thinking that. The past like 5 even weeks have been the best that I could ever remember. I am going to buy the Akula for the discounted price but also have to buy a hanger first..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users