» «

[RDR-CELL-XENON|RAGE-V]Red Dead Redemption knowledge base

No replies to this topic
Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Gena ?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr. Leisurewear, A week ago.

RDR knowledge base - Path to Rage(n)lightment

Who am i ?

Hello i identify myself with the nickname "Mr Leisurewear" (from the nickname that Trevor gave Steve haines in one of the mission),

and in my spare time i hold myself busy with graphics programming and game programming , as this is also my profession it interests me a lot.

3 years ago i started to look into the file formats from Red Dead Redemption, because i have little time available it took me some time to gather enough info about the game.

Soon a small group of people gathered around me and we started converting the whole map of RDR inside V PC which you may have known from the hyped "high profile mod Red Dead Redemption V"

Link to the forum thread

Shortly after i was contacted by Take Two to cease my activities , as to why you can look that up in the thread.

So one year goes by and nothing changed on RDR's front , and we are nearing 1 year after the alleged C&D of our project so i decided to share my knowledge to the gta community.

What the community does with this info is entirely up to them, i hope by dropping this quite large knowledge it creates some momentum towards more Redemption stuff :)

I will be dividing the info up into sections of interest like -> META (Text , xml , tune , etc...), GFX (Graphics), SYSTEMS (Anims , sound, cutscene etc...)

I will be adding info more and more by the day as i continue to find more stuff as i'm constantly researching RDR expect more to come.

I can only do some pieces per day because of time limitations so if it seems a little bit too little of information please wait a few days :p

You can always hit me up on PM for more info !

All of this info will aply to both platforms , CELL and XENON are mostly interchangeable

- Standard information

-Magnificent streaming AKA RSC's (ReSource Container files)

Loading more data....

• uNi, Spider-Vice, _CP_ and 6 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users