Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did Rockstar create the San Andreas state to its full potential?

42 replies to this topic
Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

Snake, what happened? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:17 AM Edited by Hussein Sonic, 16 hours ago.

Did R* create San Andreas to its full potential or could it of been improved?

For

GTA V might feel just like California, instead of Los Angeles

They included all the important things

This looks like the map of California

They can make a GTA equivalent of Northern California, Central California and Inland Empire, Northern San Andreas, Central San Andreas and Infield Empire

Against

They should connect to the map of California

Los Santos should of been more detailed

They could compare to the map of California along with cities, counties, deserts, etc.

Los Santos was missing a place, which was Verdant Bluffs, Unity Station, East Beach, Anaheim and Santa Catalina Island

They could upgrade Los Santos County and Blaine County

My opinion

I personally think R* never reached full San Andreas potential and they should of included all cities around San Andreas like San Fierro, as well as cities based on San Jose, San Diego, Fresno, Oakland, Bakersfield, Sacramento, Pasadena, as well as areas based on Anaheim and even more small towns, as well as counties in San Andreas like Red County, Flint County, Whetstone, Tierra Robada, as well as counties in California like Orange County, Santa Barbara County. The size would be around 15 square miles. Los Santos should of been more like Los Angeles should of been made bigger with the Anaheim and Long Beach area.

To be honest, we do not include a part of Nevada or Utah because San Andreas isn't based on Nevada or Utah, only California.

In this spoiler, there is a list of all the cities, counties, islands, mountain ranges in San Andreas.

Spoiler

Map Ideas

F91uhpr.jpg

If someone can make a map of what it would of been like or what you would like it to be like, please do so.

Reminder

This thread isn't being used only for Southern San Andreas, but a topic for people discussing that San Andreas we see in V as the full potential that would make the game complete.

ZergStation
  • ZergStation

Team Guru

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

It would be so cool to have San Fierro and Las Venturas.

• DIEXEL likes this

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:54 PM

C* wasted made Los Santos as if it was only a suburban town, and the hoods too small and industrial.

They made most of San Andreas a wasteland.
  • Lioshenka, DIEXEL, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

It's 2018. Why are people still insisting that the San Andreas we see in V is the WHOLE state? It's just the southern part, the rest is still out there.

• DIEXEL, slimeball supreme, Zello and 5 others like this

Justklt95
  • Justklt95

I have a Porsche in my closet.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:32 PM Edited by Justklt95, 05 March 2018 - 10:38 PM.

No.

Los Santos is very well detailed and a map any larger would make the game even worse. I know some will disagree, but opinions.

R* isn't curdious enough for that

It's called Southern San Andreas for a reason.

• Mastah, King Vercetti, Jon Jon and 1 other like this

UAL
  • UAL

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

Nah.

AreWomanMadeFromSand?
  • AreWomanMadeFromSand?

SPANK!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

Compared to real life LA It was a little smaller but I still think it's cool how smooth the game can run on last-gen and still look good

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:51 AM Edited by Zello, 06 March 2018 - 01:01 AM.

They said Southern San Andreas for V. Southern San Andreas = Southern California. Southern California is pretty much LA could they have added more like San Diego or Anaheim? Sure but no one really cares about San Diego which is just like LA but without the nastiness and more homeless people and aside from Disneyland Anaheim would get pretty old very fast.

They can't add San Fierro because like San Francisco it's on the other side of the state and like a 6 hour drive. Not only that San Francisco and the rest of Northern California give off a different vibe than LA and it wouldn't fit.
  • HeistsActivist likes this

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Criminal Kingpin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:09 AM

It's 2018. Why are people still insisting that the San Andreas we see in V is the WHOLE state? It's just the southern part, the rest is still out there.

This. Its hinted throughout the game that only Southern San Andreas is rendered. Not the whole state.

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:49 AM Edited by Hussein Sonic, 4 days ago.

What's wrong with you? It's not the whole state. It's San Andreas.

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:02 AM Edited by Hussein Sonic, 14 March 2018 - 01:50 AM.

They can't add San Fierro because like San Francisco it's on the other side of the state and like a 6 hour drive. Not only that San Francisco and the rest of Northern California give off a different vibe than LA and it wouldn't fit.

I have one word to describe this.

Oy.

San Francisco (San Fierro) and the rest of Northern California does not exist in GTA V. Indeed, San Fierro and Las Venturas will return in a map expansion for GTA Online.

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

There not capable of a map expansion as they have said that simple singleplayer dlc is too hard to make. Map expansion is way more work than a simple dlc. This version of gta online can barely support it self let alone another map. And another map would make loading times and matchmaking even worse than it is already. 

King Vercetti
  • King Vercetti

Doin' the Lance Vance Dance!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

While a map that size would be incredible, it would take ten years to make a game that size with todays graphics and the amount of interactivity needed to bring it all to life.
  • PeterParkerHUMANSPIDER likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

Doubt it. I have one word to describe this.
Oy.
What?

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Hussein Sonic, 2 weeks ago.

This topic is not related to California. It means they said Southern San Andreas for GTA V. Sorry

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oy.

San Francisco (San Fierro) and the rest of Northern California does not exist in GTA V. Indeed, San Fierro and Las Venturas will return in a map expansion for GTA Online.

A GTA online map expansion?!!
Me: 😂😂🤔 They would never do such a ridiculous thing. Not with red dead redemption and GTA 6. Plus GTA online is already doing so good and they essentially said they are too lazy to release a single player dlc.
  • Zello likes this

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Hussein Sonic, 4 weeks ago.

Oy.

A GTA online map expansion?!!
Me: They would never do such a ridiculous thing. Not with red dead redemption and GTA 6. Plus GTA online is already doing so good and they essentially said they are too lazy to release a single player dlc.

Nope. They would do such a ridiculous thing. It appears that it was a DLC expansion of Liberty City, North Yankton, San Fierro and even Las Venturas.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

This thread is not related to California. It's called Southern San Andreas for a reason. Sorry

San Andreas is based on California...
  • Hussein Sonic likes this

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Hussein Sonic, 4 weeks ago.

This thread is not related to California. It's called Southern San Andreas for a reason. Sorry

It's based on both California and Nevada.

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Nope. They would do such a ridiculous thing. It appears that it was a DLC expansion of Liberty City, North Yankton, San Fierro and even Las Venturas. Please stop with the false claims.

5OAeR3S.gif

Look in the mirror.

• jaljax likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's based on both California and Nevada.
In the 3D Universe it's based on Nevada and California so far in the HD universe it doesn't seem to be based on Nevada only California.
  • Hussein Sonic likes this

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Hussein Sonic, 3 weeks ago.

San Fierro and Las Venturas needs to be redesigned for the HD universe to be more like the real-life San Francisco and Las Vegas, then Las Venturas would become a city in the state of Robada and not San Andreas. Maybe they can make a GTA representation of Nevada, they should call it Robada and start dividing into all of Nevada cities.

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Markhosdangerous, 4 weeks ago.

To be honest... I don't know why R* just did a big island... if they kill you when you go further than some certain distance flying on the water... why they didn't add some desert or woods up north and kill you in the same way as in the water, just being killed by a cougar or some wild beast, so you can guess that something is further of Paleto

• Official General, DIEXEL, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Far from it. Think about this, Los Santos is what we could say is the part of the map that is used well, but its only 30-40% of the map, max. So Blaine County vastly overwhelms Los Santos, yet there is comparably much less variation or activity to be seen in this remaining 60 or so percent of the map.

Had there been more urban environments, be it another city or more small towns like Paleto or Chumash (as long as they had things to do in them, which they don't) littered across the map, the ratio would be more even and the "wasted space" would not seem so wasted.

joyrider00
  • joyrider00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

You should play True Crime series or LA Noire to see that the size isnt everything. Although I agree that the area outside LS couldve used some more attention.

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Hey f*** you, I'm from New Coventry!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nope, needed Pasadena, Anaheim, maybe even more small towns. San Diego would be a great map expansion
  • DIEXEL, Zello, Tao Cheng and 1 other like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 3 weeks ago

The GTAV did not feel like California at all. I didn't want to feel like I wanna SURFS UP DUUUUDE at their rendition of Santa Monica.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 3 weeks ago.

Of course not, not even close.

V's map is standing at 30 % ONE city and very few small towns, and then 70 % wilderness and countryside. Even with so much wilderness, they hardly made much use of that either, creating very little 'proper' forest. Each time I pay SA, it just reminds me that V's map is indeed a colossal waste. SA's map simply provides that experience of travel, exploration and environmental variety in a big map that no other GTA can rival to this day - V's map does not even hold a candle to it. 

At the very least, V's map would have been much better with one more main city like San Diego, a slighter bigger LS with more suburbs and a proper "East LS",a proper forest, and a few more small towns. 

• DIEXEL likes this

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Hussein Sonic, 3 weeks ago.

By when? Give us a map. Otherwise, it might be all of San Andreas in GTA V to be more like California.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 3 weeks ago

You should play True Crime series or LA Noire to see that the size isnt everything. Although I agree that the area outside LS couldve used some more attention.

L.A.Noires map was amazing and raised my hopes for GTAV, which sadly it didn't live up to.
  • Official General and theGTAking101 like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users