Quantcast

» «
Photo

Could a tri-city setting of LV, SF and VC work?

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Could a tri-city setting of LV, SF and VC work? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Could a tri-city setting of LV, SF and VC work?

1. Yes - all three could work but I don't think it could be made. (7 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

2. Yes - all three could work and I think it could be made. (15 votes [34.09%])

Percentage of vote: 34.09%

3. No I don't think it could work but it could be made. (14 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

4. No I don't think it could work and it couldn't be made anyway. (6 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. It might work, it might not, but I'd want to see different cities for VI that haven't been used before. (2 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:48 AM

Hi all,

Don't believe this topic has been done before. Cleared it with a mod and got the ok. If not then feel free to lock.

On topic.

For me location in GTA is  crucial, and I'm very curious to know how Rockstar will approach it in VI.

Assuming VI is the SA of its generation (the "big one" at the end of an era), I would assume Rockstar will adopt the philosophy of "go big, or go home". I would predict that a multi-city setting is almost guaranteed as a single city setting location would feel stagnant.

A large majority on here (including me) feel we will see a Vice State with the Everglades, the Florida Keys and possibly even a version of Orlando. That said, while that would be progression from V (a whole state rather than part of one) it would mean LV and SF being missed from this generation/canon (assuming VI is the last game of this "era") and potentially not being featured for another 10 years - meaning by the time they ever did again it would getting on for (if not more than) 20 years since they were featured in a GTA game (San Andreas, 2004 - also consider that the gap between the original GTA to SA was just 7 years). Now, I don't feel Rockstar would see LV or SF as being able to hold a setting on their own. Nor do I feel they would view a game of just LV and SF as being fresh - as it would feel simply like a continuation of V, in the sense of it featuring the San Andreas cities not present in V. In that sense I feel one of them would have to be used in conjunction with VC. If SF and VC, then the question would be asked, why not LV too, as it sits geographically in between. If just LV and VC, the statement would be made - "they're too similar". So why not all three?

On the other hand, part of me feels we might get a Vice State and a Carcer State (Chicago) which would offer a balance of tropical with cold and urban, allowing Rockstar to use snow technology which we were teased in V. Again though doing this would mean dropping SF and/or LV. SF was in the original GTA (1997 - then called San Andreas) and wasn't fully represented in SA (2004). We all know Rockstar likes to do their locations justice in new eras and so therefore while i think VC is a given, I think there is a very good chance SF and possibly LV could also feature too - in the same game.

Logic concludes to me then that VI may not just be Vice State, but SF, LV and VC altogther.

The question I have is...

Could this work from a gameplay perspective?

Could this be made with the technology present?

Would you be happy with it?

Apologies if this appears like rambling - I've been wondering how to discuss it for sometime!

• Algonquin Assassin, Official General and MojoGamer like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:03 PM Edited by Am Shaegar, 01 March 2018 - 12:03 PM.

No I don't think it could work, if LV and VC are included together. But it could be made, and definitely work either as LV+SF, or LV+SF+Countrysude
  • PaddsterG2k3 and Pierug like this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

You've actually made me google Miami. I'm surprised to discover that it is in Florida, on the continent.

I don't like the idea of the next GTA being set in VC alone. I'd hate tropical setting. I want redwood, mountains and swamps, possibly snow. it will take a lot of persuasion from R* to convince me to buy the next game if most of the map is VC or tropical forests.

If they add LV and SF (which is totally possible) it will be actually pretty good to have a variety of landscapes, but then again, it all is really down to how they design the map.

• PaddsterG2k3, MojoGamer and Am Shaegar like this

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:16 PM Edited by PaddsterG2k3, 01 March 2018 - 12:18 PM.

You've actually made me google Miami. I'm surprised to discover that it is in Florida, on the continent.

I don't like the idea of the next GTA being set in VC alone. I'd hate tropical setting. I want redwood, mountains and swamps, possibly snow. it will take a lot of persuasion from R* to convince me to buy the next game if most of the map is VC or tropical forests.

If they add LV and SF (which is totally possible) it will be actually pretty good to have a variety of landscapes, but then again, it all is really down to how they design the map.

Well this is my thinking. North Yankton teased us and I feel that like Tall Trees in RDR, Rokstar would like to implement this in a GTA map. I don't believe it could feature if it was just Vice City/Vice State. Having at least VC + SF appeases fans AND provides a variety in landscapes. Just whether it would be possible. It would take a lot of creative licence as essentially it'd be a map based on two extreme points of west and east US, but I feel Rockstar could pull it off.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:43 PM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 01 March 2018 - 12:47 PM.

I like the idea Padds, but what are your thoughts on how the locations could be represented? My idea for this if you were going to have say Vice City and Las Venturas the only way to get to the other city is to catch a plane like in GTA V when Michael and Trevor travel to North Yankton.

Or perhaps a less likely solution is to be like GTA 1 where you have multiple cities on different ends of the country, but you can select them from a menu.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:50 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 01 March 2018 - 06:52 PM.

LV and SF definitely could work together,but I personally wouldn't throw in VC.It would be weird if VC was on the same map with the other two,so there would have to be a different way to get there (going to the airport, train station or something similar),which could probably be made,but IMO it would be better to give VC it's own game.

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

I don't think las Ventura's and San Fierro would make since in the next GTA game because we already have San Andreas in GTA 5. It would only make since to add those cities in a dlc( probably originally planned but later scrapped). It won't happen though.

Efreet
  • Efreet

You have to love yourself a fire

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:01 AM Edited by Efreet, 02 March 2018 - 12:06 AM.

I'd say yes. San Fierro and Las Venturas can be featured on the same map be connected through countryside, mountains and deserts, and they're supposedly in the same fictional state of San Andreas. To go to Vice City, you'd have to buy an airplane ticket and travel as a passenger through the SF or LV airport. Remember traveling as a passenger in San Andreas? Same idea can be put in use here. Maybe even release Vice City through a paid DLC with its own stories and characters, but overall connected to the base game's story. In V, we got a story that revolved around 3 different characters. In VI, the new thing could be a world of 3 cities with a story that spans across them. An expanding GTA world could be the next thing, especially for a larger Online project. 

• Shinola Gamer likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:59 AM Edited by Official General, 02 March 2018 - 01:00 AM.

* LS & SF & LV - yes (too late it seems)

* LC & Alderney & a fictional upstate area or Connecticut - yes (unless we get a return to LC, not likely soon).

* Chicago & Detroit & Cleveland - yes (they need to cover this area)

* VC & South Florida - yes (more likely)

All three main GTA cities ? Can be done, but not likely.
  • Zello likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:17 AM

Very interesting idea , but i think it would feel a little too off with Vice City in a map including Las Venturas & San Fierro.. it'd feel really weird unless it was like Algonquin Assassin mentioned with a plane taking you to the location.

I think it'd just be better off if Las Venturas & San Fierro were in one map instead though.

• BurnettVice likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:51 AM Edited by MojoGamer, 02 March 2018 - 08:09 AM.

I always imagine cutting off everything south of the (Irl)Las Vegas's McCarren Airport to make a borderline between Miami and Las Vegas. The parts that don't get cut off is the underground tunnel freeway thats under the Airport and the main streets that surround the airport. East borderline should be Hoover Dam, West borderline should be Red Rock Canyon, Northeast borderline Nellis Airforce Base, North borderline a relocated countryside called Pahrump, Northwest for Area 69 and Mt Charleston. I believe Sandy Shores was relocated North of Los Santos despite being East of Las Angeles, so a relocated Pahrump should work too. Districts in LV will be East LV, North LV, West LV and Summerlin.

Vice City and Las Venturas will connect Interstate 15 and Interstate 95 together. By the same bridge Las Venturas and Los Santos was connected with in San Andreas.

Miami will have all the districts it included from Vice City, but in a more realistic size though. The East borderline will be Miami Beach, South borderline Downtown Miami and Miami Airport, West borderline the Everglades and North borderline well North Miami duh.

As for San Fierro, i'll like a map expansion dlc for the 80's prologue. That isn't visible on the main map and available for fast travel at a airport once purchased. San Fierro should include all of what SA offered as a city only, a cutoff island on the other end of the Golden Gate Bridge and include Alcatraz as the prologue's setting.

A 80's San Fierro dlc will include: a different online session, 2nd character slot and 80's story apart from the main game.

Since I believe SF should be a prequel to Gta Online 2.0 in the 80's and it would be weird, if our 1st character slot knows how to time travel from our current time to the 80's.

The Rockstar Moderators would probably give our 1st characters the perma-ban hammer If they catch them exploiting time travel, like the North Yankton glitch from Gta 5.

If Los Santos was rendered without San Fierro in Gta 5. If Las Venturas was rendered with San Fierro and Los Santos in Gta SA, despite being a different states. If New Jersery and New York where rendered together despite being a different states in Gta 4. That impossible 2 or 3 different state sharing the same game idea is possible for Gta 6 and Rockstargames.

I personnelly want San Fierro to be set in the 80's for a Angels of Death story. I also personnelly want Las Venturas and Vice City to finish R*'s desired modern era in Gta 6. I know a fully rendered 80's San Fierro will have to be released after the official Gta 6 launch date, but for the best as a story dlc and map expansion upgrade in Gta 6.

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Kinda far away from each other... like at the other side of Murica?

But hey, it can work like in Test Drive unlimited 2, flying from Ibiza to Honolulu but I just don’t see SF there, just LV... because SF would fit being up north of Paleto County, in GTA V map

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

Well this is my thinking. North Yankton teased us and I feel that like Tall Trees in RDR, Rokstar would like to implement this in a GTA map. I don't believe it could feature if it was just Vice City/Vice State. Having at least VC + SF appeases fans AND provides a variety in landscapes. Just whether it would be possible. It would take a lot of creative licence as essentially it'd be a map based on two extreme points of west and east US, but I feel Rockstar could pull it off.

Let's hope you're right!

In terms of the map, I think R* can fit completely different cities in one map. After all, in SA Nevada was just across the river from California. Maybe they'll do a tunnel, or make us take a plane, but probably just a reasonably sized countryside that changes gradually from SF/LV nature to VC setting.

Z1000
  • Z1000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

I expect at least los santos, liberty city and vice city for 6. This map would be great, but I'm not sure that R* is going to give us that much

2e7hx5bj.png

• Lioshenka and PULL OVAH like this

PULL OVAH
  • PULL OVAH

PC Masterrace

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:53 PM Edited by PULL OVAH, 03 March 2018 - 08:58 PM.

I expect at least los santos, liberty city and vice city for 6. This map would be great, but I'm not sure that R* is going to give us that much

2e7hx5bj.png

Bro, where is this image from?! I wish they could make a map like that work but people are already complaining in GTA 5 that the map is way underutilized and drives are too long. Would love that for GTA 6 but it wouldn't make any sense for Rockstar games to make a map that big. Btw, that map includes vice state, liberty state, and includes Los Santos, San fierro, and Las Venturas to make San Andreas complete state. I believe GTA 6 will include a map similar to the vice state in that concept map, since it's the only GTA 3 era map that hasn't been reimagined . I would want the rest of San Andreas (San Fierro and Las venturas) to be in GTA 6 too

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

"So long-a-Bowser!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

SF could work.
VC is most likely the setting of the next gta.
Not sure about LV though.

Reno_
  • Reno_

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

Would only need VC and LV plus a big countryside. I'd love LC but don't see that happening. 

• MojoGamer likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

pretty unrealistic wish. just fly over LS then look at the number of 3D models. you'll see how detailled, and complicated it is to create such world. plus, on an hardware level i don't know if it can be done. maybe with loading times between areas. but again if R* with its billions needs 5 years or more to create a LS, don't dream too much

Nico
  • Nico

Meet the new boss

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:09 PM

I don't think it would work from a truly sandbox perspective, unless they want to pretend that the entire US map is only composed by the aforementioned cities and their surroundings like that fake map over there shows.

If they don't do that, they would need to do something like what Eden Games did with TDU2 and split the ingame world in two, and both parts should be connected by commercial planes or something. If you ask me, that kinda ruins the sandbox feel. I believe that, in a true sandbox, you should be supposed not to just go anywhere, but also being able to do it the way you want.

I have to be honest, with V being such a flop for me and a massive hit for everyone else I have little interest in the future of GTA, but even I would really like to see Vice City being properly remade. Even if both the game and the story end up being pieces of junk, I think Vice City deserves to be in the spotlight now that +10 years have passed since its last appearance. Now they have the money and resources to make something truly great out of it.
  • Official General likes this

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:09 AM

I don't think it would work from a truly sandbox perspective, unless they want to pretend that the entire US map is only composed by the aforementioned cities and their surroundings like that fake map over there shows.

If they don't do that, they would need to do something like what Eden Games did with TDU2 and split the ingame world in two, and both parts should be connected by commercial planes or something. If you ask me, that kinda ruins the sandbox feel. I believe that, in a true sandbox, you should be supposed not to just go anywhere, but also being able to do it the way you want.

I have to be honest, with V being such a flop for me and a massive hit for everyone else I have little interest in the future of GTA, but even I would really like to see Vice City being properly remade. Even if both the game and the story end up being pieces of junk, I think Vice City deserves to be in the spotlight now that +10 years have passed since its last appearance. Now they have the money and resources to make something truly great out of it.

Vice city 15th anniversary last year.

Nico
  • Nico

Meet the new boss

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:05 PM Edited by Nico, 09 April 2018 - 08:08 PM.

Vice City Stories does exist, did you know that?

It came out in 2006 for PSP, and in 2007 for PS2. And even if VCS didn't exist, my point would still stand, because +10 years could also mean 15 years.
  • Zello likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:16 PM Edited by MojoGamer, 09 April 2018 - 09:18 PM.

Vice City Stories does exist, did you know that?
It came out in 2006 for PSP, and in 2007 for PS2. And even if VCS didn't exist, my point would still stand, because +10 years could also mean 15 years.

This is why I'm asking for a San Fierro Stories DLC and San Fierro's prologue map expansion.

Since San Andreas havn't been done twice for each city. Los Santos already been done twice, but San Fierro and Las Venturas only once.

I don't want a 1970's Las Venturas, cause the real life city in the past was not fully developed like it is now and in GTA: San Andreas.

San Fierro will work best for a 1970's, cause we hear stories of the Angels of Death being developed in San Fierro.

The mafia in Las Venturas in owed 2 casinos, but only during the 1990's storyline.

If you want 1970 boot leggers, then New Orleans or Taxis will work best even though thats RDR's location.

Big Stuart
  • Big Stuart

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:14 PM Edited by Big Stuart, 11 April 2018 - 12:16 PM.

Why should it?

Liberty City and Los Santos got their big revamps, full attention given to them and their maps both made bigger. Why on earth should Vice City be treated any different? Is it because of the same reason it was skipped in the first place? To appease all the San Andreas fanboys who cried that much for a return to LS that Rockstar skipped VC and went straight to Los Santos, and now if theres a slight chance Rockstar may focus on Vice City for the first time in 12 Years, the SA fanboys are going to be like YEAH BUT DONT FORGET ABOUT SF AND LV!

Nah, get out of here with that. Vice City on its own, full map, full attention to detail, full complete story. Plus, San Fierreo is the most boring and bland setting a GTA Game has ever taken place in. Dull.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users