Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Yes, CGFforLife broke the page. :lol:

• Hot Pursuit likes this

LongJohnTeabag
  • LongJohnTeabag

Bring me my coffee or I'm gonna cut your arm off.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

@ Those with the "GTAIV is realistic" argument: Have any of you ever driven a car? Cars in GTAIV have too much body roll, too much turn-in, too quick deceleration and acceleration, too much or too little mass and drag values for vehicles of their respective types to ever be "realistic". If your argument against GTAIV's handling can be summed up into that, then please go outside and drive a car and stop posting uneducated nonsense.

First off, you are taking the "realism" argument way too seriously and out of context.

Regardless of GTA IV's "realism" over other GTA games, no videogame could ever truly be "realistic" or everything would be so slow and dragged out you couldn't ever get anything done. Back in early 2008, Rockstar heralded GTA IV's driving as "much more realistic" than the previous GTA games. Now, despite the fact that even GTA IV's cars, in essence, do NOT handle like real cars exactly, and no game except maybe titles like Gran Turismo can even have the massive research to make driving a truly realistic experience, the problem with GTA IV's driving is Rockstar's intent to make the car handling realistic, thus the sliding all over the place if you're not careful is meant to be punishing and make gamers feel like they are driving real cars. But as I said, unless you have professional drivers consulting with you, like I believe Gran Turismo devs employed NASCAR drivers, your driving will NEVER be truly realistic. When Rockstar touted IV's driving as realistic, they meant as realistic as they could make the physics given how vast GTA worlds are, and how much other stuff has to be developed in the overall game and world. Unlike FORZA and Gran Turismo and other Sims, where driving is literally the whole ballgame, GTA will never be able to achieve that level of realism.

^ This.

• ChiroVette likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

I'm hoping R* teams up with The Hoonigans to make a realistic driving game like Forza Horizon 3.

Gta 5 used Midnight Club's driving mechanics, cause the nostalgic brats wanted the cartoonist and arcade driving stimulation back after Gta 4's more realistic push.

We all know no ps3 game was as realistic as Gran Turismo, but we bever saw R* games team up with anyone. So 4 wasn't as realistic and 5 became less realistic.

Beause Midnight Club wasn't released after Gta 4 and West Coast Customs isn't a racing business like The Hoonigans or Nascar.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

These boots are 100% wolverine hide

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

GTA 5 is nothing like Midnght Club, that game is on a whole other level of arcade. Also, I find more realistic/difficult cars to be more fun. If high speed driving is easy, then there's not much fun to it.

• Algonquin Assassin and Yinepi like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

GTA 5 is nothing like Midnght Club, that game is on a whole other level of arcade.

I wouldn't say nothing like it. MC:LA has a similar feel to GTA V, but is more challenging as a driver. Which kind of makes sense when you think about it, since MC is a racer, and all about the driving. Honestly, the driving in MC3: DUB Edition Remix is, far and away, my favorite Midnight Club game, and I have played them all. But the driving in MC3 is just batsh*t CRAZY, and nothing like GTA V. lol I even bought the PC version of MC2 off Amazon for pennies and played through the entire campaign a year or two back. I wish that they would create a remastered version of MC3: DUB Edition. That is still such an amazing game. Hard to play now, though, because even on the PS3, it still has really awful PS2 graphics.

JuliusCaesar
  • JuliusCaesar

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:35 AM Edited by JuliusCaesar, 10 March 2018 - 09:46 AM.

I LOVE GTA 4s driving, i know it feels like a boat...but i love it, cruising above port Tudor in a merit at night with the journey on and the driving physics compliment that

now my opinion of the other GTAs handling summed up

GTA 3: feels like a unity game

GTA VC: same as GTA 3

GTA SA: same as gta 3

GTA 5: Feels like a unity game

GTA 4s handling is fluid and just makes you feel immersed into the world of liberty city

That is why in the "gta next" R* should take inspiration from GTA IV

I agree IV or a mix between IV and V (basically almost exactly like IV, but force animations not to roll like that - make them just lean a little like the loan sharks chasing niko and roman in the trailer made it seem it would be, and as it nearly was. Make them a bit heavier, more grip, but make them a bit lighter when I hit the ramps perhaps. Like how III era "felt" like it might be doing when you hit a stunt jump and it slowed down and you just flew so unrealistically. Lemme drive "so real" but launch me contextually is all lol. When the prediction knows I am definitely about to be 4-wheels-flyin', make me a bit lighter and Franklin-accelerate me, even when not going slow mo. But only if it feels awesome).

III and VC felt pretty different. They weren't exactly identical. It's hard to say which was better. III was ironically the closest to IV from that era, and SA was the closest to V, so each one kinda stayed true. SA felt even more arcadey, even though the cars did feel heavier and collisions felt better and less like empty tin boxes clanging together.

GTA V doesn't feel like a unity game. It feels too much like a Need For Speed game though, which, correct me if I am wrong, one iteration (nfs world, perhaps?) did use unity and marked when EA partnered with Unity. So you are right. But I mean, to be specific, it's NFS series it feels too much alike to.

Especially with the godaweful way they move the camera to simulate bumps and dips in the road, or the shake of the speed, rather than like IV did, with ACTUAL organic old-city sag and potholes and such on the roads. And one may say "but la is newer" but, as seen in the games, the roads are messed up. They got the road feel all wrong for LA/RS counties.

GTA V did take a lot of steps forward. But everything ON THE ROADS took some steps back. Motorcycles are actually pretty well implemented, however they have one weakness which is overall stiffness of the rider during certain turning motions where they definitely should be leaning like other times and don't, and it really shows how basic the bikes are, which other times they get away with it.

The bikes in IV were a better if wholly flawed simulation but scaled-back-global-speed of GTA games so they felt-floaty (across the board, not just bikes, but...) and something else was odd about them I couldn't put my finger on.

If they made the stuff play like IV, but as SNAPPY as it does in V? It would be the perfect  driving. And I mean the whole roads. Roads and anything on them. It needs to go closer to IV, without losing the responsiveness of V. And if the handling itself singled out, it needs to feel more realistic like IV, and be simulated more realistically like IV, but it needs the changes in the descriptions of how they feel I said in my opinion.

I totally agree they really should take inspiration then, but they just need to fix what was wrong with it as well.

I think they did that for Online.

I hope the next GTA is a "view of what we can do when we try to simulate the world on the hardware we have these days" again like it's supposed to be and how they said it would be from then on when marketing IV, "we won't stop until we simulate the outside world" it would be so cool and then V really regressed, even though so much did improve in terms of game, simulation took a huge back seat.

And NOT a gta online tutorial with half-fleshed though honestly still interesting characters with dumbed down mechanics so that they work good on the network. That's really why it's like that, for the ease of sending updates online to the servers/hosts, and it was built for old gen, so as they already did that with IV in some ways (the way run and walk worked instead of analog like CJ and the others before him), and as they added "so much" new stuff to "multiplayer" from IV to V, I bet they had to keep cutting network to sync other stuff more often and that's just how it happened. Car traffic is probably so dumb for this very reason, too, checking once and not over and over again, so it swerves right into you.

I dunno, took a while to get there but point is, the whole roads need a overhaul, taking the realistic and intelligent "feeling" of IV and mixing it with the speed and snappiness of V's optimized performance.

When IV runs these days they feel great. When it was only 30 fps and chugging sometimes on hardware of the times when all the PCs back then were 5 years old not ready for IV's brute forced attitude on their cpu? oh man. lol. But, if they are building a new game, or at least building them FOR the current Pro/X and PC configurations out there, it should be a lot better next time.

And I hate to say it, but I don't mind because no one REALLY knows who does what around there, but if it's true what the lawsuit documents say that "the housers wanted nothing to do with Online and only cared about single player, only Leslie cared about Online" (which comes from Leslie's side, mind you, not a claim by rockstar, but a claim by Leslie's own paperwork), if that's true, I have super high hopes about the next GTA and its single player local-play high-end outcome instead of the handicapped-for-online gta v we got, regardless of what they do for multiplayer.

Dang yo my fingers are sweating.

• gunziness likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

These boots are 100% wolverine hide

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:27 PM Edited by B Dawg, 10 March 2018 - 02:36 PM.

III and VC felt pretty different. They weren't exactly identical. It's hard to say which was better. III was ironically the closest to IV from that era, and SA was the closest to V, so each one kinda stayed true. SA felt even more arcadey, even though the cars did feel heavier and collisions felt better and less like empty tin boxes clanging together.

I'd say San Andreas had the most realistic driving of the 3D era, hence why SA would be the one closest to IV, and V driving would be pretty much a downgraded/more arcade version of SA driving imo.

• GTA-Biker likes this

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:30 AM

No. We should all be environmentally conscious and take the bus instead.

Please, don't ever change.

King Vercetti
  • King Vercetti

Doin' the Lance Vance Dance!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

I cant really add anything that hasnt been said. To be honest, I never enjoyed GTA IVs driving that much, and it had nothing to do with difficulty. As someone else stated, it just didnt feel fun to me. But I can see why others do enjoy it and why its such a divisive issue. I agree that it would be nice if future games gave us the option to switch between the two driving types. And even though Im not a big fan of the physics in IV, those in V are definitely too arcadey to me as well. So either they should let us switch between the two, appeasing everyone, or try to strike a balance between the two.
  • Gummy  and Am Shaegar like this

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:29 PM

I wish Rockstar would bring it back as an option to use alongside the arcade one in Free Mode, and also either give it it's own set of races or simply have the host of a session choose the style. Mixing the two together however would probably be a bad idea.

Rockstar do not do gameplay options of this kind.  We get what we're given.

• Lioshenka likes this

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

I wish Rockstar would bring it back as an option to use alongside the arcade one in Free Mode, and also either give it it's own set of races or simply have the host of a session choose the style. Mixing the two together however would probably be a bad idea.

Rockstar do not do gameplay options of this kind.  We get what we're given.

Doesn't mean they can't do it in the future if enough people want it to happen. Fact is both arcade and sim style (whether GTA IV's or another kind) have a fanbase within the GTA community and neither should be ignored so this is for the best. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:31 AM

Just give people an option to choose arcade or simulation and then everybody should be happy.

• VictorVance1239 likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:09 AM Edited by MojoGamer, 14 March 2018 - 01:11 AM.

Realistic GTA 4 Story Mode by Default and Unrealistic GTA 5 Online Mode by Default!

Face it R* knows we all hated the 5 story and loved the online, so they might make both modes differently by default.

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

I only disliked Trevors parts of the story. Would have liked to seen a Brad DLC that includes more of the driver who gets killed by the cops during the getaway. Would have giving rockstar a reason to put more work into North Yankton so it could finally be released for GTA Online activities. 

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

Just give people an option to choose arcade or simulation and then everybody should be happy.

Or better yet, have it be a slider so people can get even more specific with their car slidiness preferences.

• Lioshenka and Am Shaegar like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

Realistic GTA 4 Story Mode by Default and Unrealistic GTA 5 Online Mode by Default!

Face it R* knows we all hated the 5 story and loved the online, so they might make both modes differently by default.

"We all" nothing. Most fans, myself included, love V's story.

JuliusCaesar
  • JuliusCaesar

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:34 AM Edited by JuliusCaesar, 16 March 2018 - 04:43 AM.

I'd say San Andreas had the most realistic driving of the 3D era, hence why SA would be the one closest to IV, and V driving would be pretty much a downgraded/more arcade version of SA driving imo.

I mean, SA collisions felt more weighty and it was a pretty realistic feel for what the game was trying to be, like, you played it and looking at this world it felt like thats how the driving would really feel. They were all like that, probably SA more than any of the 3-5(stories games) in the PS2 era, but GTA III, I never noticed it until I went BACK to gta III after my friends and I binged SA for a long a while (GTA was a social thing to do back then, at our age at least, gaming was offline and not a solo activity + maybe friends online at their place)...

Anyway, to keep it short, I owe it to the thread: GTA III, when you go back to it after being used to GTA SA, you feel a bit more of a softness in the suspension. Less of a "lead sled" feeling (easily characterized by the lowriders, specifically the Savanna. When you drive the Blista Compact or Comet, it's offset, but most full size sedan and larger it stands out how stiff it is, the wider wheel bases give it away more. In GTA III it feels like they all sort of have that suspension going on. More slide prone. Even though the collisions feel really light and floaty, GTA III has a more "physical" feeling overall in the driving/turning/watching the wheels, etc.

And it makes sense, to scale up on the same hardware you already stressed with Liberty City and/or Vice CIty, you gotta scale back in some places. SA brought Havok physics to the mix, sped a lot up, made a lot possible and you can tell, but also felt scaled back in some way - the best comparison I can make is III driving is like IV, and SA driving is like V. Or "III is to SA as IV is to V" as well/can look at it that way. Both are still good, both have comparable levels of realism or just feeling like the little car model you're looking at is really being remote controlled by you, compared to one another's contemporary (IV to V and III to SA), but both feel different to one another, and the same way between each generation is the part that interests me most about it, it's like the same thing changed. Like even the way the cars feel is part of the character of the city. :p

Mainly because it mimics film in how sporty and stiff cars are in west coast LA/SF movies with car scenes, where in NYC movies and car scenes, it's always heavy, big, floaty suspension, long after the muscle car era where it was still like that in the west coast film world, too. NYC movies in the fall/winter/rain with crashing into poles or hydrants - IV. LA/SF, sunny, sporty cars, quick, small, wide roads and clearance. They got a lot right, but they "scaled back" "so much" to make it for 360/PS3 release I guess, that they had to can and fake so much (like the stupid fake camera bouncing around to pretend your car has speed turbulence going on that lesser games like NFS, what this game feels like... I digress...)

V driving was more like SA than IV, and IV driving, to me, felt more like III driving than SA driving. Or rather, III felt more like it was simulating (very crudely, and not noticed until going back after SA), and SA felt more like a game. IV is obviously attempting to simulate, while V is doing so, however feeling more gamey, like SA compared to III. Man it's hard to explain xD

If you go back to III and SA and play them I think you will see what I mean :p certain thing, that one certain suspension-most-likely feeling that III had, it's like that for III and SA (it goes away in SA), and then after IV, it's totally gone in V again, like SA.

*wipes forehead*

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

T2 should let those people that made Mafia 2 & 3's vehicle physics to make GTA6's driving, they seem to know what they are doing.

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

T2 should let those people that made Mafia 2 & 3's vehicle physics to make GTA6's driving, they seem to know what they are doing.

No no no, Nooooooo

To me Mafia felt like Gta4's boat driving, but less with destruction to the vehicles then Gta 4.

So by review GTA is a way better driver then Mafia.

Plus I've played all the Mafias and I wouldn't recommend then, cause Forza and Gran Turismo is 9000% better.

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

I think their should be a options menu before entering free mode where everyone choose between GTA IV and V style of driving then from there you'd be taking to a lobby where you can enjoy what you enjoy alongside a group of others with that opinion. 

Then from there the Heists, Contact Missions, Races and everything else you choose during that session will have that driving system until you exist Online and re-enter to select your driving style all over again. 

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

"We all" nothing. Most fans, myself included, love V's story.

Most fans of what lol? Most of the people who've played GTA 4 much prefer it's story over GRA V. I know, GTA 4 was just driving and shooting, but V's missions were just try hard and was absolute nonsense. Just pure Garbage to me. I like 4's dark, gritty, serious story.
  • R4gN0r0K and MojoGamer like this

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:25 AM Edited by P2FX, 25 March 2018 - 05:27 AM.

No no no, Nooooooo

To me Mafia felt like Gta4's boat driving, but less with destruction to the vehicles then Gta 4.

So by review GTA is a way better driver then Mafia.

Plus I've played all the Mafias and I wouldn't recommend then, cause Forza and Gran Turismo is 9000% better.

Mafia 2 had better driving dynamics than GTA 4, tires actually deform, there's seem to be engine torque curve simulation, traction feels more realistic, the suspension does it's job well, body roll and nose dive/lean feel more on point, there's a toggle switch in the menu to let you choose between simulation mode and normal mode. It has less collision deformation which I agree but that's not I was thinking about. Meanwhile cars in Mafia 3 are just better than GTA 5 in every regards.

• B Dawg likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:22 AM Edited by ChiroVette, 31 March 2018 - 01:24 AM.

Most fans of what lol? Most of the people who've played GTA 4 much prefer it's story over GRA V.

Not true. I played IV and am SO HAPPY Rockstar put that cringe-worthy offering to bed with the much better V.

I know, GTA 4 was just driving and shooting, but V's missions were just try hard and was absolute nonsense. Just pure Garbage to me. I like 4's dark, gritty, serious story.

You mean Snore's IV's boring, lackuster, nonsensical rags to better rags story about a whinging immigrant. Best part of the story is Roman's death. Too bad there was no "C" ending where you could kill them both (Roman and Kate, Niko too would be cool) not just one. Honestly, the best part of GTA IV was its awesome conclusion in Mr Phillips.

I love how you even admit that all of IV's missions are "just driving and shooting" and then casually dismiss that very criticism, which by the way describes the entirety of IV's snore-worthy gameplay. V improves on almost everything compared to IV.

ElGrandoSmokio35
  • ElGrandoSmokio35

Grove Street OG

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

Damn right! In GTA 4's driving physics, its like you're driving in real life. A vehicle in real life is hard to control even if you're good in driving. But in this physics for VI would be really great. Also with this physics, you can now adjust your speed because of how hard to control a vehicle. In other words, it makes it more challenging when driving around...

SpaceJelloYT
  • SpaceJelloYT

Everybody's working for the weekend!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

Just consider this, rockstar turned down the physics for online, so instead of the cars losing parts, they just deform into a big mess.

Rockstar COULD have the more IV style of driving left to singleplayer and have the more arcade driving set to online, but then cars would handle differently.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:15 PM

Just consider this, rockstar turned down the physics for online, so instead of the cars losing parts, they just deform into a big mess.

Rockstar COULD have the more IV style of driving left to singleplayer and have the more arcade driving set to online, but then cars would handle differently.

Driving physics and damage deformity are two different discussions. GTA V definitely suffers from less realistic damage. However, since I am a SP GTA'er with zero interest in online, I am happy that V's SP has much improved driving physics/handling.

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:46 PM Edited by Lioshenka, 04 April 2018 - 03:56 PM.

Which makes it sad that some people can't, or refuse to adapt to something that really isn't so difficult. I'd understand not liking and not being able to adapt to slightly more realistic racing games with assists turned off such as TDU1 and Forza Horizon series, or actual simulators, but GTA IV? Now that's just being lazy.

Oh, we can adapt. It just sucks all fun out of the game when the moment you leave the road to go off roading your 4x4 Rancher starts slipping like a hot knife in a block of butter.

Even on dry road GTA 4 cars slip like crazy. I don't care if people actually liked this; for me it was a pain which made the whole driving experience a chore, not an enjoyment.

If R* wants to implement GTA 4 driving handling in GTA 6 online I will be OK with that, because I am not going to touch that abomination anyway.

• ChiroVette likes this

Jdogg4089
  • Jdogg4089

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Most fans of what lol? Most of the people who've played GTA 4 much prefer it's story over GRA V.

Not true. I played IV and am SO HAPPY Rockstar put that cringe-worthy offering to bed with the much better V.

I know, GTA 4 was just driving and shooting, but V's missions were just try hard and was absolute nonsense. Just pure Garbage to me. I like 4's dark, gritty, serious story.

You mean Snore's IV's boring, lackuster, nonsensical rags to better rags story about a whinging immigrant. Best part of the story is Roman's death. Too bad there was no "C" ending where you could kill them both (Roman and Kate, Niko too would be cool) not just one. Honestly, the best part of GTA IV was its awesome conclusion in Mr Phillips.

I love how you even admit that all of IV's missions are "just driving and shooting" and then casually dismiss that very criticism, which by the way describes the entirety of IV's snore-worthy gameplay. V improves on almost everything compared to IV.

Exactly why I love 4 over 5. I would love to kill everyone in GTA 5 and play GTA 4 on PC until just cause 5 comes out.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

Driving in IV is too hard & not fun. You have to use breaks all the time, even most of the time they can't save you from slipping like driving on ice.
  • ChiroVette likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users