How To Remove Static Blur?

35 replies to this topic
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:23 PM

I really like Motion Blur and DOF, which all come with Definition ON, however I don't like the static blur. 

How can I remove the Static Blur while still keeping the Motion Blur and DOF? And don't bother suggesting Ultimate Graphics Tweak, because I tried that.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:50 AM

Use mods if you have it on PC.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:22 AM

The only mod available for something like this is UTG, which I already tried.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

Yup, mods only can address this. I don't think its possible otherwise.
Take a look @ Amazing Performance and Graphics v3.0

Motion blur: completely remove static blur, remain only motion blur

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

i am wood

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:43 PM Edited by HigorSM, 22 February 2018 - 10:01 PM.

Use this mod, from all the mods that try to improve the DOF/motion blur that I ever used, this is the best, it doesn't tone down the blur so much that is almost unnoticeable, and it doesn't exaggerate the blur so much that it's almost impossible to see anything. unfortunately, it doesn't "fix" the blur on cutscenes that blur the entire screen, but at least on gameplay it's ok.

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:51 PM

Use this mod, from all the mods that try to improve the DOF/motion blur that I ever used, this is the best, it doesn't tone down the blur so much that is almost unnoticeable, and it doesn't exaggerate the blur so much that it's almost impossible to see anything. unfortunately, it doesn't "fix" the blur on cutscenes that blur the entire screen, but at least on gameplay it's ok.

Thank you, this has seemed to work so far. Will it work with V1.0.8.0?

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:01 PM

Judging by the files, yes, it should work.

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

i am wood

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

Thank you, this has seemed to work so far. Will it work with V1.0.8.0?

Yes

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:09 AM

Thanks it works with 1.0.8.0. Does it remove all the static blur? Or only most of it?

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

i am wood

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:37 PM

Most of it, the cutscenes still have the static blur.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

OK thanks. I have noticed things in the distance are blurry - is this because of his DOF?

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

i am wood

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

yes

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

That's funny coz phone lines literally RIGHT ABOVE MY HEAD are blurry. These types of mods are weird, they say static blur is gone, but it really isn't.

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love this mod in IV, but using it in EFLC causes it to crash when loading into a save. Is there any mod that's similar to it that doesn't have that issue?

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

i am wood

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love this mod in IV, but using it in EFLC causes it to crash when loading into a save. Is there any mod that's similar to it that doesn't have that issue?

Not that I know. I don't play EFLC much, so I never used the mod with it and don't know any mod similar to this that work with it.
Have you tested the first version of the mod? it must work with EFLC, but I think it doesn't have the depth of field.

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

There was a rage_postfx.fxc shader file edit on the internet some years ago which does exactly what you want but can't find where it is now. But I have this file on my PC and it works with 1.0.7.0 and 1.0.8.0. I can upload it for you if you want.

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MrEWhite, 3 weeks ago.

There was a rage_postfx.fxc shader file edit on the internet some years ago which does exactly what you want but can't find where it is now. But I have this file on my PC and it works with 1.0.7.0 and 1.0.8.0. I can upload it for you if you want.

Don't think it'd give the DOF effect though.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

MrEWhite, I can confirm that version 1 of the mod works fine with IV and EFLC, as this is the version I personally use. 

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't think it'd give the DOF effect though.

Just checked, It does have DOF just very subtle

Spoiler

DJQuaie
  • DJQuaie

DJQ

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I also had this problem with version 2.0 of the mod. Works well with TLaD but it crashes when loading TBoGT because of removed far blur. It is the lightest timecyc from gta 4, with no bloom or far blur effects, thats why buildings look so edgy and the mod can't create far blur and crashes. You have to edit / fix yourself the timecyc.dat from Eflc\TBoGT\pc\data folder.

The more exact lines are situated in the 11 column from right end. Look for the 0.141 value, and start edit the numbers under it. Here's the first step:

0.000 0.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900    2.00 1.000 1.000  (TBoGT default lines)

versus

0.216 1.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900    2.00 1.000 1.000  (TBoGT fixed lines).

Take the values from gta 4 timecyc or from TLaD ( doesn't really matter) and by this method, copy - paste all the new values till you finish the last lines from Cloudy weather. The Rain,Drizzle and the rest to the end don't need to edit from what I remember, they already have far blur distance. With patience you will get the timecyc to work with mod and enjoy the game.

• CartmanKusanagi and ClaudeIzABadAzz like this

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Could you post this?

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Another good thing about this mod is that the static blur is also removed from cutscenes.

And thank you very much DJQaie!

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Could you post this?

https://mega.nz/#!wq...iOM0j6GDvcGJZbo

Copy and replace this into all shader sub folders. No static blur inside or outside of cutscenes, has DoF and motion blur, works with DLC version of TLAD and TBoGT. Don't have standalone EFLC so don't know about that.
  • MrEWhite likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I just tried that, and I actually prefer the other one.

On:

R8AUi2r.png

Off:

YhESwLM.png

As you can see, there is much more static blur still left over, whereas with the other mod, 99% of the static blur was gone completely.

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Hustler

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 2 weeks ago

... and I actually prefer the other one.

Link, please ?

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=15713

• TWIST_OF_HATE likes this

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MrEWhite, 2 weeks ago.

I also had this problem with version 2.0 of the mod. Works well with TLaD but it crashes when loading TBoGT because of removed far blur. It is the lightest timecyc from gta 4, with no bloom or far blur effects, thats why buildings look so edgy and the mod can't create far blur and crashes. You have to edit / fix yourself the timecyc.dat from Eflc\TBoGT\pc\data folder.

The more exact lines are situated in the 11 column from right end. Look for the 0.141 value, and start edit the numbers under it. Here's the first step:

0.000 0.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900    2.00 1.000 1.000  (TBoGT default lines)

versus

0.216 1.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900    2.00 1.000 1.000  (TBoGT fixed lines).

Take the values from gta 4 timecyc or from TLaD ( doesn't really matter) and by this method, copy - paste all the new values till you finish the last lines from Cloudy weather. The Rain,Drizzle and the rest to the end don't need to edit from what I remember, they already have far blur distance. With patience you will get the timecyc to work with mod and enjoy the game.

Is there a chance you could upload the file with the fixed lines?

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MrEWhite, 2 weeks ago.

Could you post this?

https://mega.nz/#!wq...iOM0j6GDvcGJZbo

Copy and replace this into all shader sub folders. No static blur inside or outside of cutscenes, has DoF and motion blur, works with DLC version of TLAD and TBoGT. Don't have standalone EFLC so don't know about that.

It works when I'm inside the apartment on TBoGT, but when I walk outside, it goes right back to looking like definition is off without the mod. This also occurs with TLAD. I do use the EFLC version though.

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

It works when I'm inside the apartment on TBoGT, but when I walk outside, it goes right back to looking like definition is off without the mod. This also occurs with TLAD. I do use the EFLC version though.

That sounds like the boom effect. You can try download a timecyc.dat editor and set Intensity Boom to 1.0 for all weathers all time.

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

That sounds like the boom effect. You can try download a timecyc.dat editor and set Intensity Boom to 1.0 for all weathers all time.

What's the boom effect exactly? Also, do you have a timecyc editor you can recommend?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users